Heroes of the Storm

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Removing rewind from Nova is pretty huge - Tass got nerfed hardest of all it seems.
Removing rewind from Nova seems like a reasonable move as well as lowering hotshots damage. She will still be able to burst out some solid damage but now she cant solo 100-0% a character before they can react.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Some good stuff here. Shocked Tychus did not get a nerf or change at all. In fact Nova is the only change to ranged assassins. Tass tuned down which was necessary. Was hoping for a bigger nerf to resurgence but I guess increasing the CD by 1m is a step forward. Also like the changes to Promote here.

Also I think the change to Abathur may make him no longer competitive. It will be very, very difficult to take team fights with him now that his ult will have such a long CD. Doubt it'll effect pub play too much. The Promote nerf will matter more in that scene.

Xith

Some good stuff here. Shocked Tychus did not get a nerf or change at all. In fact Nova is the only change to ranged assassins. Tass tuned down which was necessary. Was hoping for a bigger nerf to resurgence but I guess increasing the CD by 1m is a step forward. Also like the changes to Promote here.

Also I think the change to Abathur may make him no longer competitive. It will be very, very difficult to take team fights with him now that his ult will have such a long CD. Doubt it'll effect pub play too much. The Promote nerf will matter more in that scene.
Ya, I thought Tychus might get nerfed too. Nova changes are good. I wouldn't have minded Snipe range getting reduced, but it should be more survivable now. I'll miss rewind on Anub'arak.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just got in. Probably gonna hit some games up later tonight. DeLLy#1309

Edit: Holy poo these prices are a little overwhelming at first glance. Are the "sales" actually sales or do they really sell things at full price? I can't imagine people buying those things at full price.

Xith

Edit: Holy poo these prices are a little overwhelming at first glance. Are the "sales" actually sales or do they really sell things at full price? I can't imagine people buying those things at full price.
I've seen quite a few Jaina's in Christmas gear.. so some people are definitely forking over money. I'm trying to decide which hero to unlock next. Got these so far

- Anub'arak
- Valla
- Kerrigan
- Uther
- Illidan

Illidan is pretty awesome now with the latest changes. I think he's my new favorite.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I bought every bundle including the christmas one. I want shit now, and even though the talents are gated it is only like 1 or 2 games for that. No way I am going to gather gold and unlock shit slowly that way.

Anybody been having weird shit going on with HoTS? I swear it seems like every time we are smashing some people we get dc'd and reconnect to a defeat screen. Are they still having server issues or have people found a drop hack or something. I am not one usually to believe in those type of hacks but the way it is happening is just too coincidental.

Caliane

yeah.

Got in on this too. also added it to steam for streaming haha.

My first thoughts. damn those skins are expensive. Although, to be fair, that is the advantage of a point system. I couldn't even tell you how much a LoL skin costs. 795 points? fuck, I gave riot $35 3 years before I bought a skin, or whatever, no clue what the conversion was. obviously takes 10 seconds to look, but the point is it obfuscates nicely. And really, i would much rather do it that way. Same with PoE. I did not give PoE money when I wanted a skin or bundle or whatever. I give them money, periodically, when I feel like I've gotten my moneys worth, and want to give back.
Then I sit on those RP, IP and buy things as I see something I like. I have like 2k riot points, and like 1k PoE points just sitting there unspent.

Unlocking gold/talents feels slow too. But, really that could just be my imagination. Been 30 in LoL so long that I don't really remember what the early game leveling was like.
10g/game in co-op seems pretty low, in relation to 7-10k average hero cost. dunno if comp, or ranked will give more gold/game.
Lol is what? 6300IP for new champs.
70/game, +120 dailywin iirc. at 4 games/day, thats 400/day, and 16 days for a new champion.
HotS is 10/game+600daily? (let me know if that changes, it was a single 600 for the daily I unlocked.) Gold cost for heroes is not normalized yet? (actually logged in,and todays is only 200 gold. and, more googling. its 30/win, 20/loss in actual play?
Jaina is new, and 15,000. Im going to still use 10k for math though. .
so lets use 25/game(50/50 win/loss), 200 daily, and 10k cost. 4 games a/day. 300g/day, 33days to unlock a new champion. if 15000 is the new champion cost, even more.
If you think, game time is different say so. average lol game is like 35min. no idea what average HOTS is.

Blizzards Heroes of the Storm alpha: characters cost between $3.99 and $9.99 - GameSpot

Overall thoughts. Not a superfan of the talent system yet. there are some good parts, but I think it will be a nightmare to balance. (of note, LoL's mastery system is stupid and should be removed.) it is a skill/mastery system that lets you customize on the fly. which is much better then Lol's.

was playing Tyrande exclusively. Co-op ended up playing her as ranged dps. Support role was pretty terrible. Dunno if vs actual players the heals are more useful. But vs bots, +damage per kill, searing arrow, and the lunar flare talents are pretty dominate.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Tyrande's heals are really bad and most people play her as a ranged dps. Where she shines is map awareness/disruption stuff like shadowstalk and owl.

Tenks

Tyrande got some brief play going full owl. Anymore she isn't considered very competitive. Mostly her role can be filled by other heroes.

Xith

I think Blizzard would probably make more money if they lowered the prices on things. I'd probably buy a skin or 2 if they were like $2. But for $10, it's not worth it to me. Also, it takes a pretty long time to get a hero to level 10. You should automatically get some cool skin for doing it.

Caliane

Tyrande's heals are really bad and most people play her as a ranged dps. Where she shines is map awareness/disruption stuff like shadowstalk and owl.
shes no soraka. but yeah, obviously super noob. Shadowstalk useless vs bots. I did wonder how well it worked vs players. particularly level 20 "on the hunt" version. couldnt even tell what stealth does in my limited play.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think Blizzard would probably make more money if they lowered the prices on things. I'd probably buy a skin or 2 if they were like $2. But for $10, it's not worth it to me. Also, it takes a pretty long time to get a hero to level 10. You should automatically get some cool skin for doing it.
I think in the middle is better. $5 for skins seems like a good price. Maybe $8 for over the top skins (new voice overs, reskinned skills). Mounts should be the same. If they really can't go the free route with heroes, then no more than $5, with bundles that decrease that price.

I really wish one of these companies would test the waters with these free to play models. They always sell high and it pays off with the people willing to go bankrupt from buying stuff. I would imagine it would be more profitable to sell mid to low and have more people buy. Of course, Blizzard probably can't test shit with the small amount of players in the Alpha.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I got in, have played my first games, if my moba hating friends can like it, I can enjoy myself enough to play this with them. Just sticking with Muradin 100%, he's legit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Unlocking gold/talents feels slow too. But, really that could just be my imagination. Been 30 in LoL so long that I don't really remember what the early game leveling was like.
You can unlock new heroes at a reasonable rate in LoL, but the levelling is stupidly slow. I'm lv20 yet even after having a good few weeks playtime.

Tenks

I got in, have played my first games, if my moba hating friends can like it, I can enjoy myself enough to play this with them. Just sticking with Muradin 100%, he's legit.
Muradin is legit terrible
frown.png

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I bought Rehgar on a whim but he seems super lacklustre. Nazeebo is the shit though.

Tenks

Rehgar is really good. Ancestral Healing is fucking nuts when used right. His totem gives so much good teamfight disruption as well.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
What they need to do is offer an all champions bundle like smite and I would go from spending $0 forever on the game to paying $60 or whatever they charge.