Heroes of the Storm

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
So many haters in this game. Thing is worst than cs / sc / every previous mmos i played, combined.
People need to stfu or dont play with pugs. Thank god for mute option.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So many haters in this game. Thing is worst than cs / sc / every previous mmos i played, combined.
People need to stfu or dont play with pugs. Thank god for mute option.
Bad as DotA or LOL?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Instead of talent gating skill which is just terrible design, I would instead gate heros. Then maybe they downies would learn somewhat how to play before auto picking Nova and feeding the other team game after game. I swear some people think they are Rambo and going to drop ETC from 100-0. Instead they just make it a 4-5 game.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
They're making so once you hit lvl 30 you won't be talent gated anymore. Hopefully next patch.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't think this was possible, but I managed to win a game in ranked with 2 AI's. 1 was the entire game, the other dropped at the around level 10.

I feel like I get an AI at least one out of every 6-7 games. It could actually even be more than that. I wish that was tracked in Hotslogs.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bad thing about Azmo free week is everyone thinks dunk build Azmo is what you need to go for regardless of map or team comp. I had an Azmo on my team that finished literally with 9k damage at the end of Mines going dunk build. It takes a bit of execution to actually make it work and some people are fucking terrible. By comparison I was on Tass with like 16k and our actual damage were over 20k each. Then I got matched with the same guy next game and had to carry his ass again.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like I get an AI at least one out of every 6-7 games. It could actually even be more than that. I wish that was tracked in Hotslogs.
Battle.net has been having so many issues with various isp(s) that yeah, it seems like almost every game someone has connectivity issues. It super frustrating for those affected too; three games I played saturday night, first one, had some spikes ~10 so bad, but not totally unplayable, played another game and had 0 spikes throughout the entire game, played a 3rd game and ranged between 10-30 spikes a minute, so basically unplayable. It makes no sense.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Illidan is amazing. One of the few heroes in the game that I used to think was awful because the community said he was, then I played him until 5 and I can't stop playing him. He is definitely my go to assassin when playing with friends.

You just gotta make sure you build him somewhat defensively. If you go all damage you will definitely get rekt.
Illidan benefited both from direct buffs (documents/undocumented) and a great deal of hero nerfs. The primary undocumented buff (that's probably a bug) is how his W in the last patch gives him CC immunity - it's not supposed to do that. Illidan squirts out of a lot of death situations right now merely by pressing W, and it's pretty unlikely that it'll stay that way. Indirectly Illidan was GREATLY boosted by the complete gutting of tank heroes in the game. In particular, the fall of Arthas and Chen helped out Illidan a lot. Both Arthas and Chen had strong enough damage/CC that Illidan really couldn't live when diving into a team that had either.

Basically, two patches ago, Illidan flowchart was -

Go in --> Get focused --> Die to full team + damage tank while being unable to avoid CC.

This patch Illidan's flowchart is -

Go in --> Get focused --> Team doesn't have enough damage --> Team can't CC you because you get to use W for invul frames.

Basically in short, Tol is right, and Tenks is incredibly ignorant about how patch changes can drastically have an effect on a Hero's viability.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I gotta wonder how long maps will be free. The resources they're spending on maps could be put towards more heroes or skins which will get them more money. But new maps, while keeping the game interesting, don't directly put any food on the table so to speak. Maybe they'll open map making up like SC2 once the game releases.

That said, have they said which heroes are under development? Sylvanas is next of course, but then who? I've heard rumors of Kael'thas, Dahaka, and D3 Wiz, but that's about it. Oh, and ppl begging for D2 Necro.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I kind of wish they would stop with the maps and just focus on more heroes because at this point when the new map hits, you will only have a 1/7 chance at playing on it so woop-de-fucking-doo.

They are taking far to long to add heroes right now anyways. 34 heroes is nowhere near enough to keep matches varied and interesting.

It's crazy how many characters they can have in this game with their lore from multiple game worlds yet the list is so small at this point. If the sylvanus patch isn't even hitting this week that's just ridiculous. That patch should have been last week already.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
34 heroes is plenty enough to keep things varied, IF talent specs actually changed the class enough so as not to resemble itself when in another spec. Scale back the baseline and make the talents REALLY matter withmeaningfulchoices. Changing the way core skills work, while giving them an alternate color or skin when specced a certain way would take much less dev time than creating new classes from scratch, and it would increase diversity exponentially.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea not to piss on your parade but the dream of having every talents viable with meaningful, different, specs was / is / will never be. No matter which blizs game. Theres always a go-to spec and terrible filler talents options.

Like others said, the only thing that can hurt hots is blizz themselves. They have so many characters to choose from. Theyre competing with companies that sports many more heroes. They always aim for this perfect balance and fail to deliver on the volume. I dont care if my Faltas is fubar for a month or 2, since am having fun playing king leorics. Release the game already, pump more heroes, balance over time.