Heroes of the Storm

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I bought abathur. I do enjoy him and can save heroes and push lanes. More frustrated with people running away and not kiting/dmging in fights or doing much of anything really. Just played a support game as tyrande? And I told etc why did he run from me and lili and let us eventualy die and he said do more dmg.....trolled. Even though in my team I led in siege dmg and was barely behind in hero with a nova. I don't think im great by any means but have learned map awareness etc from this dota2, lol etc

Caliane

Coming Soon: Hero League and Draft Mode

Required for ranked play:
You must reach Player Level 30 or higher.
You must own 10 or more heroes.
It is important to note that the weekly free hero rotation does not count toward this requirement, as you may only draft pick heroes that you already own.

Tenks

Ranked mode should drop tomorrow. I'm excited but I'd be far more excited if they had a proper solo queue. I can understand why they didn't go that route but it really hampers my playstyle.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really hope they send out a big wave of invites after beta starts because matchmaking is pretty poor at the moment with so few people. It is so painful playing a game wo a tank if the other team has one.

Tenks

Yeah I don't expect actual match making to be much better. It isn't like they weren't keeping track of your internal MMR and trying to make fair games. But I guess it'll be a tad more transparent that you are in Diamond league and the person you thought was an idiot actually is and is a bronze leaguer or something. I expect toxicity to take a move up since people will be so concerned about their magical internet points now.

Tenks

From looking at the strawpoll I'm not sure how ranked will actually function. I assume most people who browse the heroes subreddit are active players and it is about 60% can play ranked. So already the playerbase is really small now only 60% will be able to even participate in ranked. Of that most people will just be littered with 2k gold heroes simply to meet the 10 heroes requirement. I think it will be an odd month or so until more people can participate.

Caliane

Ranked is going to brutal for a long time with that 10 heroes owned requirement. it will granted, keep new players out. but at the same time, the playerbase is going to be tiny, even for low ranks.

For reference:
rayner, malf, valla, e.t.c., mura, Lili are the 2k. all 6 for 12k.
tychus, sonya,ill, tass, gaz are the 4k. so only need 4 of those 5 for your 10. 16k
28k gold for cheapest 10

Tenks

I'm sure blizzard put it in purposefully to encourage people to pay for heroes with dollars

Xith

Falstad is my favorite. anyone know what they are doing to him?
Falstad is pretty strong now, so I doubt it's good. Abathur is an interesting hero to play. He's a lot better with people who know how to play... it's frustrating playing him with people who suck though. Everyone should at least try him so they know what he is doing though. Curious to see how they are changing him and Lili. Lili is a pretty decent healer now, but lacks much else.

I have 10 heroes unlocked already, so I'm good to go for hero play. #Xith1753

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Anyone have an invite? I've been dying to play this game since I first saw it on twitch, and the posts in this thread of people who got invites but don't play infuriate me.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have an invite? I've been dying to play this game since I first saw it on twitch, and the posts in this thread of people who got invites but don't play infuriate me.
A lot will be goin out tomorrow most likely. Hang tight.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
They really want to put screws to anyone - even moba vets to get to ranked. There is no way I would endure the grind to get 10 champs. I'm not sold on the game enough to spend cash on just hero access. Ranked is going to be absolutely full of players who will be forced into playing the small pool of low cost heroes because that's all anyone has - and no duplicate heroes. That's going to be hell. It makes my decision easy to not pick the game back up. I assume that they will have no bans in ranked. As with a 10 hero requirement that means that if you ban one and pick the other 9 - a player would be hero less. I hope they manage a big playerbase. This decision fragments their players so heavily - disregarding skill at all - league and dota thrive because of stupid level of players makes matchmaking good for most players in terms of both time waiting and skill variance.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad I got Jaina to lvl 5 so I don't have to play her again, I may have liked her better if I actually had a tank any of the games I played with her. Only 4 more heroes to lvl to 5.

Caliane

Also a reminder to anyone looking for invites. check your bnet account directly. don't wait for an email.
And, if you do check email, check your spam folder/junk.

I am pretty sure I never got an email.