Heroes of the Storm

Crazily

N00b
Yea the fighting starts so early and fast I often think a game must be 25+ minutes into it and then I look at the clock and its 12 minutes into the game.....

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
bought uther, first 2 games, 17/0 and 18/1. Why don't I see this guy in every game. I've played like 100 matches and I've only seen him once before this lol.

I think he's far better than brightwing who everyone splooges over.
The stun ult is the only thing that makes Uther decent.. imo. Brightwing has better healing, polymorph is great, and can teleport to any hero.. which is invaluable. Can't tell you how many times I thought I was going to get a kill and Brightwing appears out of nowhere, turns me into a crab and helps the guy escape.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I need to learn to love some character other than Raynor. How is Gazlowe? I gave him a whirl on the "Try" and he seemed kinda fun.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
People generally hate him from what I read.
Ahh well nuts then. I'll just wait until I can try him during a free week. I think I like Raynor because he is rather self-sufficient, but then again I've only been playing Cooperative.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Azmodan sucks until you unlock the second tier of talents. Moving while E and the DOT on your Q makes a world of difference.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Pretty good list. Obviously these are somewhat subjective, but this will give you new guys an idea of whats up with the current heroes.

]

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I have had a bug happen twice now where the game freezes on loading a match, so I kill the program, come back and rejoin, and then I am in game and forced to watch a bot play my guy and I can't do anything.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they add a ban phase in ranked at some point, I think its needed in this type of game. Tired of seeing the same 12 heroes every game and I feel so gimped from the beginning when the other team gets stitches and brightwing.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It'll help with new heroes being released and they clearly are going to make changes to current heroes. Devs have already stated Thrall, Diablo, and Stitches are getting tweaks. Eventually they wanted to do something with Tychus's second life bar, but IMO I think its fine.

That is the joy of playing these games early on. Small hero pools really become tiresome because you can expect the same several heroes every match. Not as bad in Dota or League unless something is really OP.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Let me first say that the game is entertaining and good alternative to League when I don't have time or am not in the mood for 40m games. This is not meant to be me shitting on the game and calling it crap. It's just a criticism that I hope they address in balancing the game.

The one thing that I don't like about this game after playing it for a few (and watching some Rank 1 streams) is that there doesn't seem to be any structure to the game like in other MOBAs. People are explaining it as the "Deathball" meta. Obviously each map has it's on rhythm, but the common theme is group up and just blob over the map as a group and that is boring to watch for the most part. Watching ZP's stream on twitch right now in rank 1 stuff, it's not entertaining. It's very one sided and there are really no "plays" being made. They have a better team comp and they just roll over shit. There doesn't seem to be any possibility of counterplay at all. There really is no map presence or strategy at all. It's essentially attempt to siege then chase objectives as they pop up and team fight over them.

I think an interesting change to this would be to adjust how experience is awarded. The more people around to soak up experience the less your team gets. This will allow for deeper and more complex metas to arise. If a team is deathballing they are penalized for it if the other team decides to counter with a push in another lane to gain bonus xp. You might have one champ that can merc really well and gain experience that way. Eventually you'll get to the later levels and team fight anyway but it might create some different strats.

Anyway, something to think about anyway I think. Maybe some people like instant team fighting only, maybe that's the only thing Blizzard wants in their game. Personally I really enjoy 1v1 or small skirmishes around different parts of the map. It seems to happen more often in my newbie underleveled play, but in a lot of these streams that I'm watching it's instant team fighting. I like having early/mid/late game structure in MOBAs.

Edit:
Thinking on this some more, even in the games like Dragon Shrine and Mines, players seem to ball together then split up as objectives dictate. I dunno, maybe I need to watch more but it's a new player's observation.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think you've got the right idea about HoTS, D, I'm of the opinion that the meta will shift some as more heroes are added to the game.

As it stands right now, whoever gets Stitches and Brightwing on their team has an insanely large advantage.

The tricky part here is that it's almost impossible to win a game if you have too weak of a link. Abathur that doesn't symbiote in teamfights and just pushes a side lane all game? Raynor that has the lower hero damage than Malfurion and is the first to run out of a team-fight even with passive still up? Stitches that never lands a hook/gorge? GG 100% of the time.

Just watch the last two hots highlights I put up. Drunk utnayan losses were still fun but we only won like 1 game out of 8 or something haha.

I went like 5-1 on nova in solo queue *shrug*