Hero's Song by John Smedley - ARPG/MMO Lite

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
If I had some extra dosh I'd toss him a few bucks. He did have a lot to do with a game I loved, so yeah. : /

Grundge_sl

shitlord
$800,000 to make a pixel game? lmao didn't know there was such a big market for such games.

I love the video. Their "famous" writer cracks me up. "I wrote (names obscure book) and a few other stuff!"

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Kickstarter bomb. Terrible tiers that don't add up to enough money to reach their stretch goals. $25 is the lowest tier but the game will launch for $20. Blotched execution.

It's not getting anywhere near $100K tonight.

spronk

FPS noob
how has no one posted this yet

WM7kTa3.jpg

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
lmao, odds that Brad's failed Pantheon KS has more pledged dollars than this?
Pantheon failed at 460k/800kk.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ahahahhahahhahaaha.

Rothfuss, this might as well be 38S on a small scale. I picture him really drunk all the time streaming some asshole game from the 90's and he just gets a random call from Smed and goes 'NO NO, you have to have the nature thing FUCK THE MAIN CHARACTER IN A DREAM REALM A LOT' right before he passes out.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this is the scene from Trading Places where the two old guys are betting $1, except they're wagering $1 on who can mooch the most cash from the rubes using the worst games possible.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The shitty thing is I do like the concept judging by the pictures I scrolled past. I've often wanted a dressed-down MMO (arpg) that focused more on character/story/world and less on giving everyone a seizure but with newer hardware/mechanics/gameplay rather than literally shit.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
LOL they got a "Project We Love" stamp of approval from Kickstarter themselves. I definitely can't troll the donations now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I watched the video. Not sure this belongs in MMO forum, seems like it's more super-procedural D2.

Also, a_skeleton_03 all is not lost. You just have to troll in ways they can't rebuke. For instance:

"All white male dev team except one token female who is also white. Really diverse, guys."

They wouldn't dare moderate that. Also, that's probably why they didn't do a $1 pledge (not that you can't write in an amount or cancel your $25 later).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No earlybird specials... No add-ons... No in-game cosmetic swag... Buy-in is too high...

Fuckin' guy...

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I like some of it. The dwarf fortress style world/history gen is cool, and running your own server is cool. I'm normally not into top down clicky stuff but it can be good if it is more Baldur's gate and less Diablo.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Their bridges burned, and their former co-workers all treating them like they just walked out of a Nigerian brothel bragging about going bareback I am truly shocked to find him Curt Schilling for money.

It's like some demented form of Trading Places. I bet I can beat Brad by ONE DOLLAR! How long before Smed starts some Gnome cult and lets Sister Margaret and Brother Timothy work out of his garage?

I posted this earlier, but Smedley discussed this topic on a Twitch stream:Twitch

He says he is sick of micro-transactions.
I'm pretty sure his opinion is entirely based off not looking retarded asking for a lump sum through KS before he bleeds players dry on the release. You'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to believe him.