Hero's Song by John Smedley - ARPG/MMO Lite

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
No earlybird specials... No add-ons... No in-game cosmetic swag... Buy-in is too high...

Fuckin' guy...
They're just using ks as an online store for preorders at this point. Like most of kickstarter these days.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'm curious if anyone remembers what Pantheon did the first day?

I would like to see the progress if Smed ends up way short as well. (My guess is he will have many more high end donors near the end to insure that doesn't happen)?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm curious if anyone remembers what Pantheon did the first day?

I would like to see the progress if Smed ends up way short as well. (My guess is he will have many more high end donors near the end to insure that doesn't happen)?
rrr_img_123517.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wtf platform is this for? If it's iOS or console I'll throw down $25-50.... Otherwise nah.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
I'm a bit done with the overpixelated RPG's these days. I totally understand that it takes time and money to make a game with decent graphics. I'm not asking for cutting edge, just something that doesn't look EGA/VGA. This retro bandwagon stuff got old 2 years ago.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like Smed, and have conversed with him for years on the state of SOE games. That being said, this is not my type of game, and I'm averse to ALL kickstarters as a matter of principal. If this is a good finished product, I'll buy it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
As bad as I thought Pantheon's KS was handled they really failed because they asked for too much. I think they grossly overestimated the value of their content. If they would have used some sober judgement on what they actually had completed and asked for $450,000 if would have been successful. OR they could have waited until they had what they had today and probably hit their $800,000.

Anyway, I think Smed is probably going to run into the same problem. Their Kickstarter isn't much and the fact they revealed their is $1 mil at their disposal is going to increase expectation and bring harsher judgement. So for his sake, he better have some reveals up his sleeve or he's going to make about $300k at best.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No earlybird specials... No add-ons... No in-game cosmetic swag... Buy-in is too high...

Fuckin' guy...
Yes, that was my first impression when I looked at the pledgelevels. This is definately not a KS that gets my juices flowing. The first three pledgelevels are basically your (overpriced) standard, beta and alpha packages, but without the swag even. Where's the stuff that will make me special when I buy into this early?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This KS might actually be worse than Pantheon's. A kickstarter to pay inflated salaries. Cool.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This is pretty retarded.

I can barely imagine what goes on inside the head of an individual who thinks "Hey investors, I have an idea that will only make money off of you!"

He doesn't have any IP's. He's a fucking retard. If he had half a brain he would have made tons of cash for SOE and Daybreak. Here idea fucking 1: Take Fironia Vie, Lanys, all the Gods/demigods, and heroes and make Final Fantasy Record Keeper/Star Wars Heroes/Etc../etc../etc... Have you ever looked at how much money those games make??? And they cost fuckall to produce. Then you use that cash for your next AAA game.

But nooooo. We have Smed, who runs a company completely into the ground while praising microtransactions but not actually ever learning how to use them properly. So now he's the "Anti-Microtransaction" guy making an 8-bit game.... Please do not give this man a cent.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They just added a $15 discount tier for the game and are up to 54k! Almost there...
Pretty smart move on their part actually, now they have a preorder with a $5 discount. I might consider giving it a whirl at that price, but i damn sure not going to drop $25 on it just to beta it. I would rather use that $10 at 5 guys burgers (no In and Out around here).

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Question: if you have all these giants of the industry working on this game, how come they don't just use their own money to fund the game? Broke ass bitches!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why would anyone invest their own money into a risk, without first trying to get it from idiotic gamers?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Why would anyone invest their own money into a risk, without first trying to get it from idiotic gamers?
Valid point. I compare this to when I used to go visit my brother when he was attending University of Colorado in Boulder, and we used to watch beggars get into BMW's to drive home at the end of the night.