Highlander

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
The first Highlander is a goddamned masterpiece. Everything else was shit.

I'm ok with a remake as long as they keep the story in tact. They can change the wrestling bit to something better if need be. Other than that, don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Jim Caviezel as Connor MacLeod
Javier Bardem as Ramirez
Karl Urban as Kurgen

Is John McTiernan still alive? He could direct the shit out a remake.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love the first Highlander and I took my friends advice and never watched two and three. He told me they were an abortion and I stayed away from them.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
was the original highlander that big of a hit that it needed a reboot?
It wasn't that successful. I'm surprised they are considering rebooting it.

Really says something about the lack of ideas Hollywood has at the moment..
Hmm.
rrr_img_12188.jpg

rrr_img_12188.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hah, i ate some humble pie on that one. i cant deny dredd worked so amazingly well. though dredd has a much better canon due to its comic book history. i dont even know where they got the idea for highlander from

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Dredd wasn't Hollywood.
Dredd was Dredd. The need to make it manifested itself, film incarnate, to remind us that good movies can still be made.

mqdefault.jpg

The Rock: I don't like soft ass shit as a rebuttal to Goodspeed's question about Elton John's Rocket Man.

What the fuck is Paul Verhooven doing with his life? I know he still has another Robocop, Total Recall or Starship Troopers in him.

Edit: As a person who gets continually asked why he listens to metal, I feel that I relate to aforementioned homeboy a lot more. Plus, The Rock. Good fucking movie. Especially the part where Connery smashes a hole through the window of the interrogation room, only to see Womack behind the glass. "Womack! Why am I not surprised? You piece of shit!" Best line in all of movie-dom.

mqdefault.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Highlander really was an interesting story. It's probably a pretty neat novella. But it was totally complete. The following movies just made it weird. Especially the one that can not be named. Beyond being absolutely horrible, it was just weird for the sake of weirdness.

I could see a reboot going either way. There are things in highlander that could be improved on. What I expect is a flashy swerd-bulkerin, head chopping off CGI wank fest tho.

But who knows. Highlander is one of those films where they really could remake it and make it better. But probably won't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
You should see the direct to SciFi movie, it makes any of the original 3 seem like Oscar material. It was like they took a piece of random Highlander fanfiction and picked a few year film student to make it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You should see the direct to SciFi movie, it makes any of the original 3 seem like Oscar material. It was like they took a piece of random Highlander fanfiction and picked a few year film student to make it.
The Source? lol Even as a Highlander fanboi, I have to say I've tried watching it twice and fell asleep both times. "Bad" and "cheap" don't even come close to describing it.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
First Highlander film was great back then but well dated now and everything afterwards was utter fucking dross. Some of the worst films ever made.

The tv show was pretty decent enough but the last series/two were complete wank

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I honestly was against this at first. But the more that I think about it, the more it grows on me. A better budget and script would go pretty far. And maybe the sequels won't suck then!

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still like the original highlander, it's not something I'd watch more then once a decade but I can accept the cheese and other ridiculousness of the times.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I love the original Highlander...never watched any of the sequels but yeah it was cheap and cheesy
Best thing about the movie was the music by Queen

zdbgtfztg.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Cavil gained my respect after building his own gaming rig right on youtube Hes a nerd just like all of us!. It would have been so easy for him to just buy a $10K custom one.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
superman is just like us, he ignores shit while he's raiding in MMOs too

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users