His Dark Materials

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Does anyone know wtf blew up that one airship? Do bears have eye lasers off screen or something?

Edit: Never mind, apparently for about a second you can see two of them firing something that they must've pulled out of thin air and which is never seen again.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone know wtf blew up that one airship? Do bears have eye lasers off screen or something?

Edit: Never mind, apparently for about a second you can see two of them firing something that they must've pulled out of thin air and which is never seen again.

I assume they were using "firehurlers"? They were mentioned a couple times, and a bear or two seemed to be carrying some tube shaped thing on their backs.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I thought the last episode was a little clunky. They definitely have sewn in stuff from the Subtle Knife into the last few episodes.

what route did Lord Asriel take to get to the north pole? Lyra and lorek Byrinson didn't take the same route for sure (and that seemed weird). Also I don't remember Mrs Coulter being at the north pole at all... But maybe I am senile.

It was a big twist that I knew was coming. Somehow I thought it was going to handled differently than they did it here. I remember it being much less detailed in the novel and, therefore, more shocking.

Episodes 1-6 amazing. 7 dragged a little with it's Subtle Knife storyline, and 8 was just good. Far less closure than I expected.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Reading the wiki of the books (which I read years ago) reminded me that I didnt really like the series. Gonna finish out season 1 but not sure I'll keep watching after that. Wife likes it a lot, though.

The CGI is fantastic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The CGI is top notch and its really good interpretation of it. Shit the cgi in this movie is probably a good head and shoulders over the damn feature movie attempt they did of this.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is back by the way.

Looking forward to them getting the second "Dark Material": The Subtle Knife.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I thought the first season was, surprisingly boring (well shot; it looked cool though). I'll hold out, in anticipation for all of your opinions, as to whether or not I watch this for another season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought the first season was, surprisingly boring (well shot; it looked cool though). I'll hold out, in anticipation for all of your opinions, as to whether or not I watch this for another season.
The climax is going to be amazing and it'll likely only be 3 seasons.

What the story is actually about is only revealed towards the end but it's very biblical.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't know if I have enough patience to watch this mystery play out.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Season 1 felt very meh, albeit well acted and produced, but this season feels much more interesting. Each episode actually interests me more in watching the next. Also actual fighting rather than just vague talking about it is much welcome when their CGI is as good as it is.

worldx

Trakanon Raider
I'm digging season 2, not sure what this mystery everyone is talking about but i'm interested. Also Hbo is ass and behind, ep 4 is already out at usual places.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm digging season 2, not sure what this mystery everyone is talking about but i'm interested. Also Hbo is ass and behind, ep 4 is already out at usual places.
Actually you can piece together what's going to happen from the info given in this episode. What Azrael is doing, what dust wants, what the knife does. It all comes together.

Then again this is a show that has it's biggest plot twist in the opening sequence that only book readers will get. Those fucking stairs!

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I loved season 1 and I love season 2! I’m quite surprised I enjoy it so much given I never picked up the books as a kid etc.

I enjoy the pacing a lot - no filler.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man they sure don't give a fuck about killing people off. We are reaching Game of Thrones level were you don't know who's going to be alive at the end.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Just finished season 2. Found it very good and interesting, better than season 1. They had no problem killing people off cause there's only one season left.