History of FoH

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You know who is "5ft tall Hispanic, about 250pounds. Fat sausage fingers for days"?

Britney.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was joking in hopes to bring the real Nino here in person
How is that a joke? Are you retarded?

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Does eq2 FoH count as part of the history? I never played WoW, and I still think eq2 had some very cool stuff, up until they eliminated the avatars. I wish had some screenies of FoH doing Desert of Flames raids. But then things got dickish and I split with Elkay to join Tyrants. Think Gaige came along too.

But eq2 was alright, and eq2 FoH seemed to continue the badass tradition. Wish I rmember who the lears of eq2 FoH were....

Sadly, eq2 never really knew what it wanted to be, imo. Remember at start, chanter buffs lasted like 4 minutes, requiring constant upkeep! Then they just threw in the towel, and turned chanters into ... wait for it ... a DPS class! I remember topping the parse pretty easily unless a rogue was really getting nasty.

I'm sorry, chanter as DPS class is just plain wrong. And that was NOT by using charm!

But I enjoyed my year-ish time in eq2 FoH

edit: some vintage anti-gaige hate here. You know I love ya dude!
Guardians and Test Server Facts | Page 2 | EverQuest 2 Forums

edit2: oh look, I'm still in the database
Sadre [90 Coercer] - Maj'Dul - EQ2U - Character Details

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
EQ2 FoH leader was Noah. He used to post on the FoH boards, but I haven't seen him around in years. I was in Iconoclast on Permafrost. We were always close behind them during early EQ2.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
As far as I can remember, EQ2 FoH chapter was only server 1st guild, not world 1st, or even top 3.

• 1Like

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does eq2 FoH count as part of the history? I never played WoW, and I still think eq2 had some very cool stuff, up until they eliminated the avatars. I wish had some screenies of FoH doing Desert of Flames raids. But then things got dickish and I split with Elkay to join Tyrants. Think Gaige came along too.

But eq2 was alright, and eq2 FoH seemed to continue the badass tradition. Wish I rmember who the lears of eq2 FoH were....

Sadly, eq2 never really knew what it wanted to be, imo. Remember at start, chanter buffs lasted like 4 minutes, requiring constant upkeep! Then they just threw in the towel, and turned chanters into ... wait for it ... a DPS class! I remember topping the parse pretty easily unless a rogue was really getting nasty.

I'm sorry, chanter as DPS class is just plain wrong. And that was NOT by using charm!

But I enjoyed my year-ish time in eq2 FoH

edit: some vintage anti-gaige hate here. You know I love ya dude!
Guardians and Test Server Facts | Page 2 | EverQuest 2 Forums

edit2: oh look, I'm still in the database
Sadre [90 Coercer] - Maj'Dul - EQ2U - Character Details

Try being a Warlock. When I was playing Wayoff I was constantly having 'wtf' moments.

You remember how mobs were linked together? There was no solo pulling in EQ unless the mob existed as a separate 'group' aside from a group-linked pack of monsters.

The warlock was advertised as this AoE class and I was all about it. Then when you get into a raid and all the group mobs are linked together in groups of 12. The moment I cast any aoe spell (which is all I had) they break aggro and one shot me. The Warlock was a crazy class that could only have been created in EQ2. It mechanics would've only ever worked for THAT game because of how your AoE spells only targeted group-linked packs of monsters.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Try being a Warlock. When I was playing Wayoff I was constantly having 'wtf' moments.

You remember how mobs were linked together? There was no solo pulling in EQ unless the mob existed as a separate 'group' aside from a group-linked pack of monsters.

The warlock was advertised as this AoE class and I was all about it. Then when you get into a raid and all the group mobs are linked together in groups of 12. The moment I cast any aoe spell (which is all I had) they break aggro and one shot me. The Warlock was a crazy class that could only have been created in EQ2. It mechanics would've only ever worked for THAT game because of how your AoE spells only targeted group-linked packs of monsters.

Yea I never quite understood the thoughts behind that mechanic. Splitting was such a huge part of EQ and they juts completely did away with it in EQ2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was only a huge part of EQ cause they could never fix it properly, but they always hated it as evidenced by the Feign Death nerf very early on.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea I never quite understood the thoughts behind that mechanic. Splitting was such a huge part of EQ and they juts completely did away with it in EQ2.

I suppose it was there take on how they could implement content for groups and solo players. It was definitely a failed experiment. They pretty much didn't bring over anything that made EQ....EQ. Outside of the references to old items with heritage quests, zone names (definitely not layouts), and npcs it was a completely different game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
It was only a huge part of EQ cause they could never fix it properly, but they always hated it as evidenced by the Feign Death nerf very early on.
Monk splitting for sure, but that wasn't the only splitting mechanic that was in the game from early on. Cleric, Paladin, Enchanter, and Bard "Calm" lines were features to reduce social agro and themselves were a form of splitting.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Monk splitting for sure, but that wasn't the only splitting mechanic that was in the game from early on. Cleric, Paladin, Enchanter, and Bard "Calm" lines were features to reduce social agro and themselves were a form of splitting.

Don't forget ranger for outside.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
As far as I can remember, EQ2 FoH chapter was only server 1st guild, not world 1st, or even top 3.
That's how i remember it too, at one point I decided to try the game and joined them, maxed out and raided a few times got frustrated and guildhopped, felt bad about it because i knew some of the guys from back in EQ but the guild wasn't playing to the level that made me want to play there. Granted though that was well after launch, from what I understand they were fairly competitive initially with EQ2 launch.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Noah guy and Req ran their mouths off on their EQ2 website and that dude acted like he was Furor reborn.

All talk, no world firsts.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cleric, Paladin, Enchanter, and Bard "Calm" lines were features to reduce social agro and themselves were a form of splitting.

Yeah, but it was controlled through spell interaction. As an Enchanter in vanilla, I never used Soothe because if it resisted you'd get the whole pack, and if it didn't you were still probably going to get the whole pack. I think eventually the Bard spell was baller with an item or two, but that was much later on and I think nerfed as well? It's been awhile.

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider

That's pretty much how I remember it. In the early days of EQ2 they were the top guild on Permafrost. Triton started on that server also, but there was some drama about them using the Triton name because only a few EQ Triton members were actually in the guild. They ended up changing the name to Atrocity I think. Was kinda fun to see FoH and "Triton" compete for shit though in those early days. Iconoclast ended up leapfrogging past FoH at some point as the "top" guild for awhile. We ended up unlocking the Frogloks. EQ2 had a lot of player retention issues, especially early on, which was a shame. There were a lot of great things about that game. It just launched with too many issues, which made it super tempting for players to jump ship for WoW. I think retention issues ended up killing FoH in EQ2 and they disbanded

What little interaction I had with Noah and FoH was always positive. Friendly rivalry stuff. I think there was some bad blood type drama between them and Triton, but I think all that died when Triton disbanded.

Last edited: