<Nazi Janitors>
I played a monk once. Terrible class.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I won our guilds first ton po's pouch from time as a rogue, so I was essentially a monk

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I remember when Behemoth got a moss covered twig and I asked to borrow it in Sebillis to test out the DPS. I then attacked the mobs his group was fighting and did enough damage to get the XP credit. He got pissed and wanted the twig back after that lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I remember when Behemoth got a moss covered twig and I asked to borrow it in Sebillis to test out the DPS. I then attacked the mobs his group was fighting and did enough damage to get the XP credit. He got pissed and wanted the twig back after that lol
Wasn't there some wierd math for who got credit? It split it among the # in the group as well or something. I got the kill solo vs 2 groups on Lodizal and laughed my way to the bank.

Cybsled

I think it basically came down to whether or not someone did more than half the damage or w/e. It was supposed to be an anti-powerleveling feature, but you could abuse it to grief people.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Some more gems here if you read the comments too.
Plane of Fear CR are the stuff of legend.

Since PoF didn't drop any Cleric armor (it was all in PoH), you almost never saw a cleric on a PoF raid. I went once "for reasons", and so we broke the zone as usual, then when things were stable...

... I ended up the only cleric with a 50+ raid with multiple deaths. Corpses were piled in front of me, while necros were twitching all over, and I was all "guys... move the corpses... separate them... I can't find which one I've rezed in that mess..."

After close to the 2h rez limit, someone from a high guild with one of the few epic sticks came out and started rezing, but the absolute look of people trying to get back their lost XP was insane...

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Some more gems here if you read the comments too.

How did a warrior do the CR? Even if he had 20 staves, that wouldn't be enough to rez the whole guild. And then how would he stay alive inside? It seems like he'd have to go to the temple to exit once he got down enough health or had enough mobs on him and wouldn't a full spawn mean some Death Touching bosses?

It's been so long since that time I'm sure not remembering certain things about how stuff was back then. I was too busy getting accounts banned for stupid childish shit.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
He was either full of shit or was playing multiple accounts/classes.

It seems like he was embellishing to get the point across of what early EQ was like.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You didn't play early EQ if you weren't part of at least one fucked up fear raid that resulted in several hours worth of failed CR attempts and several naked deaths.

• 7Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Karana server did not have a lockdown for 90% of the time due to a rotation. It wasn't until one guild decided fuck it and start actively camping spawns in SoL did things start to change. They quickly got ran off the server around PoP after they woke the Sleeper.

I remember that rotation. I was a part of a small guild that was in an alliance of maybe 3-4 guilds that took a part of that.

I don't remember the name of the guild that broke it up, but man, I'm struggling to come up with some of the higher end guilds from that server. There was Maximum which was Japanese? Shadowed Fates which moved to DAoC which I think was the strongest guild until then? I also recall there being a lot of French guilds, L'Celeste Legion or whatever Celestial Legion is in French or something like that.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The UO days were much more legit imo, Sonoma had the best fuckin brawls.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

kudos

<Banned>
I remember that rotation. I was a part of a small guild that was in an alliance of maybe 3-4 guilds that took a part of that.

I don't remember the name of the guild that broke it up, but man, I'm struggling to come up with some of the higher end guilds from that server. There was Maximum which was Japanese? Shadowed Fates which moved to DAoC which I think was the strongest guild until then? I also recall there being a lot of French guilds, L'Celeste Legion or whatever Celestial Legion is in French or something like that.
The guild that broke up the rotation was Nightbane which then broke up into an offshoot named Night Eternal.

The Japanese guild was Fama Volat. They would just zerg everything like every other Asian guild in EQ.

The French guild was Novae. I used to troll the hell out of their main tank on the Karana forums.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Erollisi Marr had like, all the random family guilds on the server band together to attempt to raid fear one weekend.

I was one of a half dozen dudes doing Corpse Recovery for basically 72 hours, broken up by meals, sleep, and a Magic tournament, while they continuously wiped to trash, added new people to the group, had old people drop, and didn't get anywhere. Every time we'd get everyone their corpses, some idiot who'd never been there before would zone in, aggro things, then run them to the safe spot and rekill everyone but the rogues and monks. Every time I logged back in "Hey, we still need help with dragging corpses..."

Ridiculous "community driven" clusterfuck.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
How did a warrior do the CR? Even if he had 20 staves, that wouldn't be enough to rez the whole guild. And then how would he stay alive inside? It seems like he'd have to go to the temple to exit once he got down enough health or had enough mobs on him and wouldn't a full spawn mean some Death Touching bosses?

It's been so long since that time I'm sure not remembering certain things about how stuff was back then. I was too busy getting accounts banned for stupid childish shit.
You read the article where it's stated he made a rez corpse outside? You pull corpses to safespot, have a rez window open to click "accept" on, boom teleport. Head back in, repeat. But now you got me thinking, was that window there in Kunark?

Pluss SofR had 10 charges each. You could use up 9 and then sell/rebuy to a vendor with a not-full inventory to recharge them. Needed one with the full charges though I think.

As for DT bosses, they only DT'd you out of the blue if your aggro was transferred far enough to be basically zonewide sooner or later. I'll also assume the man had some invis potions on him because some mobs didn't see invis in PoF iirc.

• 2Like

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
The guild that broke up the rotation was Nightbane which then broke up into an offshoot named Night Eternal.

The Japanese guild was Fama Volat. They would just zerg everything like every other Asian guild in EQ.

The French guild was Novae. I used to troll the hell out of their main tank on the Karana forums.

Hahaha, I was off by like a mile. I totally remember the name of those guilds. Man, that's been a while.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You read the article where it's stated he made a rez corpse outside? You pull corpses to safespot, have a rez window open to click "accept" on, boom teleport. Head back in, repeat. But now you got me thinking, was that window there in Kunark?

Pluss SofR had 10 charges each. You could use up 9 and then sell/rebuy to a vendor with a not-full inventory to recharge them. Needed one with the full charges though I think.

As for DT bosses, they only DT'd you out of the blue if your aggro was transferred far enough to be basically zonewide sooner or later. I'll also assume the man had some invis potions on him because some mobs didn't see invis in PoF iirc.

I forgot about the recharging trick or that it had 10 charges. That alone was probably enough for him to rez everyone.

Merauk

Lord Nagafen Raider
He was either full of shit or was playing multiple accounts/classes.

It seems like he was embellishing to get the point across of what early EQ was like.

This is what I miss most. Ignorant shit talking by a hide tanner such as yourself would lead to hilarity (at least 15 pages).

Today just crickets.

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
His ignorance was self evident to us today. Back then everything was so mysterious that such misstatements required severe correction.

• 1Like