• checkmate.jpg
    checkmate.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 62
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Legos are still fun as an adult.

The main reason I think Harry Potter took off like it did is because of all the gaping glaring bullshit plot holes and wild improbable and seriously bullshit parts.

But, Actually! Given physical form of a book over and over.
It was a children's story with a decent plot that got better as the author (and her kids) grew up. It sparked imaginations, and the horrible puns and whimsy are great.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've never been involved with any Nexus drama but from following the conversations in the Hogwarts Legacy modding Discord they seem very focused on trying to not piss off WB / WBI. So they are seeking to avoid controversery first and foremost more than pushing any kind of agenda. This, of course, would lead to them adhering to wokeness. I can't speak to any kind of funding though.
In case you people forgot, Nexus Mods is run by 100% woke retards;

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
children learn from children's stories. arguing about children's stories is more important then arguing about adult ones. What stories shaped you as a child?

Beyond that, some of the most enduring stories of all time are childrens stories. The wizard of oz. Peter and Wendy. The hobbit. The Iliad and The Odyssey Can you name a single adult story from those time periods?
The most enduring stories are the ones that speak to every age. The ones that are "only for kids" or "only for adults" get forgotten.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In case you people forgot, Nexus Mods is run by 100% woke retards;

Recently there's been some silly drama on our site that was sparked by someone uploading a mod for Spider-Man Remastered. The mod replaced the very few Pride flags the game actually has with the already prevalent USA flag texture from the game. The mod was removed from Nexus Mods and the author was banned.

To address the banning, which is what a lot of people want to focus on, the mod was uploaded by a sock puppet account (i.e. a newly made account by someone who already has an account on the site) and uploaded under the name "Mike Hawk". It was very clearly done deliberately to be a troll mod. The fact the user needed to make a sock puppet like a coward to upload the mod showed their intent to troll and that they knew it would not be allowed. Had they not been a coward and had they used their main account instead, we would have simply removed the mod and told them that we did not want to host it, only banning them if they reuploaded it again after being fairly warned. The creation of the sock puppet removed any doubt and made it a very easy decision for us. Both the sock puppet account and the user's main account have been banned.

In regards to the replacement of Pride flags in this game, or any game, our policy is thus: we are for inclusivity, we are for diversity. If we think someone is uploading a mod on our site with the intent to deliberately be against inclusivity and/or diversity then we will take action against it. The same goes for people attempting to troll other users with mods deliberately to cause a rise. For our part, we will endeavour to do a better job of moderating our website to this ethos ourselves.

We aren't the authority on what users can and cannot mod. Us removing a mod only means it cannot be found at Nexus Mods, nothing more, nothing less. We also note that we are not the only site that has removed this mod from their platform. As a private business, we have a right to choose what content we do and do not want to host on our platform. Respect this right the same way you want respect for your rights.

If you feel something goes against our policy then please report it. However, we will be the adjudicators on what we do or do not think is appropriate for Nexus Mods. And that goes for everyone no matter where they stand; left, right, up or down.

We don't want to and won't argue this with you. We've now explained our stance and we won't be providing a platform for you to distort our position in order to feed an irrational and paranoid narrative. You can do that elsewhere, where we won't care enough to read it.

If this policy upsets you, if we've broken some moral code of conduct as a business that you can't accept, then please, delete your account (bottom option) and move on, as we will.

The cognitive dissonance between "we are for inclusivity" and "this texture swap mod is disallowed" is impressive.

I don't really care if some closet homos and shitlords can't mod pride flags out of the game, them banning it makes me just want to create similar mods for every game I play, not use them, and shit stir by publicly uploading them to Nexus.

This makes me want to create a Sirona mod that replaces the body with whatever jailbait models Loverslab is cooking up and have eleven labs generate a very feminine set of british lines.

edit: just to go further, I'd do the same gender bend mod to a couple dudes and females, then make the Sirona one and watch the NPC face get angry.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It's. A. Story.

Stop trying to quantify it or add logic. It's like the millions of people who debate what happens in Star Wars; "OH, why didn't such and such character just do this?". Because it's made up and written a certain way for a certain reason.

Ehh, Stories can and should make sense if contained within their own worlds. It's one reason so many people had issue with the 7-9 star wars, you can't just warp drive through your issues, if that was the case then the rebels would have done that shit day 1 of the death star. Create your universe and stick to that ruleset, if you establish that X can't use magic and suddenly ONE X can use magic, establish that as a extreme outlier and the impact, thematically, is that anyone that interacts with X while they use magic is always shocked or in awe or whatever the effect should be.

Red letter media talked about this as well, it's so lazy for people to just forget their rules or established timelines. "They can fly now?!" (Star wars) or "She just forgot about the army" (Game of Thrones) moments are stupid as fuck.

Add to that political pressure to inject a tranny just because is also just as horseshit and in the Harry Potter universe a tranny, who wants to be of the opposite sex and known that way, would change everything about them magically including their voice. GuardianX GuardianX GuardianX GuardianX is completely right. Almost wish it could be that way in the real world so when these attention seeking mental patients realize they are no longer getting attention and want to go back to the way they were after therapy and 23 shock sessions could say "Penisgrowback-o!"

Imagine someone went through the lengths of becoming a non-passing tranny and a person walked by, heard their voice, did a double take and then, like Caliane Caliane suggested, "REPARO!", magically they are back to that dreaded assigned at birth gender, wizarding hate crime? Even better if you had to transmute body-parts to do it and now everything is back to normal.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ehh, Stories can and should make sense if contained within their own worlds.
Agree 100%

A story that is generally internally consistent is waaay more interesting than one where the characters or systems act outside the way they're set up. Once a universe goes off the rails it stops being something worth considering and is just an amusing diversion until it ends.

• 4Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ehh, Stories can and should make sense if contained within their own worlds. It's one reason so many people had issue with the 7-9 star wars, you can't just warp drive through your issues, if that was the case then the rebels would have done that shit day 1 of the death star. Create your universe and stick to that ruleset, if you establish that X can't use magic and suddenly ONE X can use magic, establish that as a extreme outlier and the impact, thematically, is that anyone that interacts with X while they use magic is always shocked or in awe or whatever the effect should be.

Red letter media talked about this as well, it's so lazy for people to just forget their rules or established timelines. "They can fly now?!" (Star wars) or "She just forgot about the army" (Game of Thrones) moments are stupid as fuck.

Imagine someone went through the lengths of becoming a non-passing tranny and a person walked by, heard their voice, did a double take and then, like Caliane Caliane suggested, "REPARO!", magically they are back to that dreaded assigned at birth gender, wizarding hate crime? Even better if you had to transmute body-parts to do it and now everything is back to normal.

Agree, but that was the complaint posted by someone else.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
is it just a female vo in other markets? so tiresome.

Ehh I'll revise this statement, it's about a 5050.

The intent is Woman with Female voice:

English -- Trans actor - Modulated male voice
Japanese -- Female Actress? - Not Modulated
Spain -- Male Actor - Not Modulated
French -- Female Actress? - Not Modulated
German -- Who knows, germans all sound like guys.
Brazil -- Female Actress? - Not modulated
Mexico -- Female Actress? - Sounds edited in some way, maybe just a lower toned voice
Italy -- Unknown - ROFL they edited this one so hard it sounds like an elf from buddy.

3 pass as female, Japanese, French and Brazil

3 are clearly men, English, Spain and German

1 is a swing either way, Mexico

1 is Italian.

The editing is so bad, ROFL.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Mexico -- Female Actress? - Sounds edited in some way, maybe just a lower toned voice
Italy -- Unknown - ROFL they edited this one so hard it sounds like an elf from buddy.

1 is Italian.

Is Sirona's voice modulated for English translation? I thought they just recorded a trans female's voice.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Is Sirona's voice modulated for English translation? I thought they just recorded a trans female's voice.

I mean I am assuming they are modulating it, it sounds so unnatural otherwise.

It sounds like they put it through one of those cheap mic "Gender Swap" filters. Oddly enough I can't find a video of someone comparing normal VS female / male swapped voices with one of those mics on youtube.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Every time I breed my beasts it's always the female that goes in the pen to give birth. I did my part and filed a complaint.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

1 is Italian.

That is interesting as the German is an effeminate male voice. it doesn't seem to be trying to pass as female. its just an effeminate male.
Brazil seems like its either just a female with a gruff voice, or possibly a female actively trying to sound male.

mexico does actually sound like a male with voice training doing a female voice.

Italy pretty sure is just a women.

Dunkey's take is so disingenuous. Hey guys remember when the right stalked the creators of Last of us, and streamers who played it for being woke? no? no you don't? it's almost like its only one side that does that shit? but no. guys. both sides. Enlightened centrist.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's. A. Story.

Stop trying to quantify it or add logic. It's like the millions of people who debate what happens in Star Wars; "OH, why didn't such and such character just do this?". Because it's made up and written a certain way for a certain reason.
This is the difference between good fiction and bad fiction.

The good stuff has a set of rules and principles in place that it adheres to and allows the consumer of the fiction to track a logical path. It's also the difference between good and bad character development.

You're advocating for the bad fiction that just does whatever the fuck it feels like for convenience and people pick up on immediately.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

1 is Italian.

lol @ spanish Sounds like