Hogwarts Legacy

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dunkey's take is so disingenuous. Hey guys remember when the right stalked the creators of Last of us, and streamers who played it for being woke? no? no you don't? it's almost like its only one side that does that shit? but no. guys. both sides. Enlightened centrist.

Eh, I just took a message of, "Everyone is shitty and nothing changes" ton of things came to light about everyone, everyone still buys all of their shit.

Unless this is a different video and he took down the other hogwarts one he made, apparently liberal streamers are doing apology tour videos right now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1676661650693.png

shoe0nhead-shoe.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Am I missing something or how else did you not want to know what to keep to breed your beasts?
False choice. Animals shouldn't be kept in cages and bred. That's rape you... Puffskein rapist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Young people seem to be so emotionally insecure, like children. Gen X (my gen) done goofed hard.
They grew up in a society of such abundance with no real strife that they never had to grow up. Won’t be that way for much longer

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's kind of the overriding plot for both the main HP stories and the fantastic beasts movies though. "Evil" wizards want to use their superiority to rule/enslave/destroy muggles while "good" magic wants to stay as hidden benevolent co-existers. I'm not saying it makes the most sense but it is acknowledged.
I understand that, but its a huge flaw in the world JK wrote, it just seems she hand-waved away any consequences to avoid having to think about them well enough to have her world make sense within itself. Of course, I'm projecting MY pessimistic view of humanity upon the world JK wrote, so, my bad.

The HP world should be very very similar to Wheel of Time where the Aes Sedai had immense influence over the political structure of the world.... because they had the power to fuck things up if they wanted too in Randland, or it would swing the other way where all Power users were hunted down and collared to be slaves.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the difference between good fiction and bad fiction.

The good stuff has a set of rules and principles in place that it adheres to and allows the consumer of the fiction to track a logical path. It's also the difference between good and bad character development.

You're advocating for the bad fiction that just does whatever the fuck it feels like for convenience and people pick up on immediately.
I think this is an excellent observation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you hit 100% Field Guide completion without every section being 100%? I have that one quest which is bugged, so I'll never been able to hit 100% on my first playthrough.

Also, does each House have its own ending? My ending was very different than any other I've seen (didn't notice which House those other two were). I do appreciate that all the npc's I pissed off, are still pissed off at me after I finished the story.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After finishing it, I definitely agree that the game's only major flaw is the pacing. They roll out the various gameplay systems and upgrades WAY too slow, and on top of that finding out that you must complete 100% of the challenges to hit level 40 because that's exactly how much XP is required was pretty disappointing. Since I still have the bugged quest for Biscuit in my log there's no way to do it. Not that it really matters anyway; level 39 is effectively the cap for the story since there's one side quest you can't do until after everything is wrapped up. Really not a fan of that at all, I think that you should hit max level in a game like this by about the 66-75% mark if you've been doing all side content.

Other than that no real complaints besides the obvious stuff like the shoehorned in tranny, a few terrible voice actors, instantly forgettable music, and some graphical issues like clipping, extremely low-res volumetric light shafts, and ray-tracing that not only kills performance but sometimes looks worse than with it off. Some of the open world stuff got really repetitive too, especially the so-called "treasure vaults" which never contain anything besides one 60-150 gold vendor trash item.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I felt like a lot of the cool shit came in right before the main story ended. I got my killing curse right before I did the last main story quest, also around the same time I learned how to breed and got my flying and ground mount right then too. Then I did the main story and was like welp this games over for me. Not interested in doing all the side quests. Multiplayer might be cool.

It was like whats the point in breeding and farming upgrade materials if I already beat the main story. It wasnt even that hard either, but again I was on normal mode. Only took 15 hours. I def think online would be good, like quidditch and dueling matches, some battlegrounds and raids. But thats way out there. Might check out the online mod.

Room of requirement needed to be bigger or way to shrink those pottery tables, took up too much room and TBH not gonna put them in an off-the-side room when they take only 5 minutes to regen. I did enjoy the combat in this game, prior to the killing curse.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This is the difference between good fiction and bad fiction.

The good stuff has a set of rules and principles in place that it adheres to and allows the consumer of the fiction to track a logical path. It's also the difference between good and bad character development.

You're advocating for the bad fiction that just does whatever the fuck it feels like for convenience and people pick up on immediately.
I agree with the sentiment, but harry potter I argue does have consistent rules on these things. I can accept the world JK Rowling makes and not need an explanation for why evil wizards aren't in charge of the muggle world simply due to the fact that she doesn't try to explain it in any detail, nor does her story focus on that or expect the reader to come to any conclusions about that. So people's guesses or thoughts on the why are how are simply abstractions that don't matter to the story.

If her stories tried to expand on this, then yes, she'd have to explain and account for this to have a logical and sensible story. Though I'd argue you can have good and bad character development regardless of how sensible and logical a story's world is, it is true that they certainly go better and more naturally when both are well done hand in hand.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's. A. Story.

Stop trying to quantify it or add logic. It's like the millions of people who debate what happens in Star Wars; "OH, why didn't such and such character just do this?". Because it's made up and written a certain way for a certain reason.

There's a big difference between autists picking apart a minute detail and questioning an elephant in the room.

The plot point of normies not knowing about others with special abilities is such a trope that a lot of stories just start with it as a default and never even bother coming up with a reason why/how

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean I am assuming they are modulating it, it sounds so unnatural otherwise.

It sounds like they put it through one of those cheap mic "Gender Swap" filters. Oddly enough I can't find a video of someone comparing normal VS female / male swapped voices with one of those mics on youtube.

She sounds pretty genuine to me, albeit they do have some kind of treatment that I think they give all the voice actors that give them an artificial feel compared to watching a studio mic'd recording.