Hogwarts Legacy

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
lol.. they get what they deserve.
What a pathetic video. Just whining for 4.5 minutes. Next time release a 4.5 second video that just says “fuck you, I’ll review what I want” and I’d actually have some respect for it. Fucking crybabies.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Bought Deluxe. Glad to be a member of the TERF Shitlord Club. Thanks to those of you who bought sooner for your impressions.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TERFs are still radical feminists though. I ain't no feminist.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finished the main plotline and the primary House Buddy quests (dunno what else to call the 3 pseudo-companions). The main plot was your typical RPG 'messiah' thing but pretty much just existed as a reason to have lots of fighting and puzzles and whatnot.

Sebastian's House Buddy quest was by far the most interesting and overall dramatic. I kinda wonder if the end wouldn't have been different had I done some thing differently. Might have to do a playthrough at a harder difficulty as HufflePuff or something to see if it matters or if he is railroaded to tragedy.

I gotta say I'm a little ticked that Ravenclaw has NO House Buddy companion quest. I guess it was meant to be Amit but, like a lot of other stuff such as the actual companion system, it got cut for time and budget reasons. Maybe they will do a DLC that adds in a Ravenclaw quest? Just feels weird that you have these long complex stories for 3 houses and just totally blow off the 4th.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caliane

lol.. they get what they deserve.
ffs this is pathetic and sad.

"I wasn't bullied, I didn't cry." "also they were 100% justified in attacking me and everyone that played this horrible transphobic game, because JK is Hitler". "they just picked the wrong target, Im an ally!"

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished msq in 18h. Did not finish all the sidequests but did not feel like I rushed to the ending either.

It was a good game but the story was not all that epic. Granted I'm no Harry Potter fanboy. But felt it could have been more some how.

The Sebastian sidequests felt fun and the spell rewards are really fun to use.

Will try and wrap up the side stuff but I suck at 100% games once i finish the msq. Still need to go back to GoW to do the new shit that unlocked after the ending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Just did the quest that unlocked the ability to upgrade/add traits to gear, but it seems like a rather cumbersome system. You need to go catch beasts, release the beasts in your sanctuary, groom and feed them, etc. just to get the materials for upgrading, but the combat (while not too easy on Normal difficulty) is just not challenging enough (at least where I am at level 23) to encourage meticulous gear optimization, especially when you consider just how frequently you are finding new pieces of gear with better stats. Maybe this changes near the end game?

I also finally got Alohomora, so now in addition to being a poacher and bandit, I'm a thief that robs people's houses in the night!

Is there an easy way to find moons? I wander around Hogwarts and Hogsmeade at night, but this seems like a rather inefficient way to search for them.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just did the quest that unlocked the ability to upgrade/add traits to gear, but it seems like a rather cumbersome system. You need to go catch beasts, release the beasts in your sanctuary, groom and feed them, etc. just to get the materials for upgrading, but the combat (while not too easy on Normal difficulty) is just not challenging enough (at least where I am at level 23) to encourage meticulous gear optimization, especially when you consider just how frequently you are finding new pieces of gear with better stats. Maybe this changes near the end game?

I also finally got Alohomora, so now in addition to being a poacher and bandit, I'm a thief that robs people's houses in the night!

Is there an easy way to find moons? I wander around Hogwarts and Hogsmeade at night, but this seems like a rather inefficient way to search for them.
Gear in this game is largely an afterthought. Getting the beasts to get the components doesn't take very long, however. I cheesed the moons thing and looked at a locations guide on the webs.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn’t the MC comment when he enters a room with a moon? If it’s daytime just open the map and hit R3 (on ps5) to switch to night so you can collect it.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finished the game without upgrading any gear and most of the dmg gems were empty. Decided to fully upgrade my level 30 gear now and it seems the dmg went way up. But not sure since I am roaming the lowbie area for completion.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I hovered over the map locations for various spots to see if they had a demiguise then just used revelio to find them, or as Talenvor said if I saw one during the day just did map + advance to night to grab it.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So I'm about 12 hours in now. Just unlocked talents... and have 17 talent points to spend. I MIGHT have gone a little overboard with side quests.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm about 12 hours in now. Just unlocked talents... and have 17 talent points to spend. I MIGHT have gone a little overboard with side quests.
Make sure to NOT clear any Bandit camps north of Hogsmeade until you have the Biscuit quest, there is a certain camp that will break the quest if you clear it beforehand.

Its pretty hard not to level up faster than the MSQ takes you, as every single collectible will give xp.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It's possible I'm mistaken but I think all the demiguises are behind locked doors. Since you get alohomora on the same quest that demiguises start showing up you'll at least have blue locks to help you find areas you haven't cleared out yet. There's also a voice prompt when you enter a room with one too so there should be no risk you miss one if you open every lock.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Make sure to NOT clear any Bandit camps north of Hogsmeade until you have the Biscuit quest, there is a certain camp that will break the quest if you clear it beforehand.

Its pretty hard not to level up faster than the MSQ takes you, as every single collectible will give xp.
Well not knowing that, I'm pretty sure I fucked the Biscuit quest then. Hopefully the next PC patch will fix it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well crap, I probably broke it then since I've cleared 2 or 3 bandit camps and don't know what the Bisquit quest is.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider

It's supposed to get fixed next patch, but in reality there's no reason to clear bandit camps prior to unlocking beasts, which also opens up the biscuit quest. The reward is always a trait which you can't use until you gets beasts anyway so unless you just like fighting that much, skip them until later.

You can also save scum the bandit chests to get the traits you want earlier. Since there's like 70 of them it could suck if you have bad luck otherwise.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's supposed to get fixed next patch, but in reality there's no reason to clear bandit camps prior to unlocking beasts, which also opens up the biscuit quest. The reward is always a trait which you can't use until you gets beasts anyway so unless you just like fighting that much, skip them until later.
Yeah, I'm going to reiterate what others have said. The pacing at which you get introduced to game mechanics is way too slow. I've got 25% completion, already level 21, and I JUST did the initial flying class. I guess that is the way a lot of open world games are.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Hopefully the success of the game leads to some quality expansions. That might make the mechanics pacing feel better since instead of getting major skills near the end of the game it would be more in the middle. Doesn't help us now but might help future replays.

Hopefully too some other good IPs see what HL did and copy it. Hogwarts Legacy doesn't really do anything tons of other games did, it just did them well in a quality setting. Give me a similar game in Warhammer, LotR, Dune, GoT, or any number of other developed worlds and it seems like it'd be easy money. Don't give me some gimmicky mechanic to sell a game, give me a detailed world with a passable story and smooth mechanics even if they are copies of old games.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users