Hogwarts Legacy

spronk

FPS noob
Finished the game last night as well, Gamestop is giving a small bonus this week for "pro week" so you can get up to $49 (if you preorder something) for trading in Hogwarts PS5, which was enough of a reason for me to finally finish.

Agree with discussion above, first 15-25 hours of the game are absolutely fun especially if you are a Harry Potter fan, exploring Hogwarts and Hogsmeade was AWESOME. They give enough of new stuff drip to make it fun and interesting. After that game gets more and more tedious, at a certain point they open up a new land area and its fucking massive and all I could think was "why the fuck is this here now, this is some DLC shit". Pretty weird extra padding I guess to justify $70 price tag. Main story was good and bad, some really great parts especially near the end I really had fun with the Hallows memberberries or Polyjuice stuff.

No ragrets though, really enjoyed my time but I'm starting to realize I'm not that much into new games. This was the only new game I've bought this year and I coulda just waited, I get kinda bored after 15 hours or so. With gamepass and PS+ there is a near infinite amount of new games coming constantly to keep me always engaged.

I still have like 20 side quests and 30% of the game "unfinished" which I'll get back to some day to plat the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm two collection chests away from 100% and I have no idea where they are.
For some reason I am remembering a butterfly chest NOT spawning for me once but I was in the middle of something else so just moved on. Hope I didn't bug myself.

I should probably check the vivariums again too...

spronk

FPS noob

that explains why no quidditch, its a $70 dlc thats actually another shitty game

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
15 million copies sold, over 1 billion in sales. PS4, Xbox, and Switch versions are on the way.

Not bad for a game that got cancelled by trannies.

:oops:

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
15 million copies sold, over 1 billion in sales. PS4, Xbox, and Switch versions are on the way.

Not bad for a game that got cancelled by trannies.

:oops:

Gaming to trans people is like life - not interesting unless you can speedrun it.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Wow!
Reactions: 7 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just playing through this now and stealth + imperio seems pretty broken. To test it out I just fought a lvl 39 infamous foe and sat in stealth casting imperio over and over on his adds while watching YouTube vids. By the time they were all dead the guy was at about 20% health and was one shotted with ancient magic. Outside of very specific encounters this seems like it would trivialize even the highest difficulty.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just playing through this now and stealth + imperio seems pretty broken. To test it out I just fought a lvl 39 infamous foe and sat in stealth casting imperio over and over on his adds while watching YouTube vids. By the time they were all dead the guy was at about 20% health and was one shotted with ancient magic. Outside of very specific encounters this seems like it would trivialize even the highest difficulty.
The game is not hard at all, which is fine. Game is all about atmosphere which it nails down pretty well.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The game is not hard at all, which is fine. Game is all about atmosphere which it nails down pretty well.
My wife who is not a maker pushed it to hard difficulty and still finds it easy. Combat challenges are not the point

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I don't recall signing up for - Home | Harry Potter: Quidditch Champions but apparently the game is handing out playtest invites as I just noticed this today in my spam folder. Assume it's due to playing Hogwarts and making an account.

Going out of town so won't get to try it, but heads up to anyone else who may have gotten an invite and not noticed.

1690414942197.png

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I just bought this game tonight, and holy sheeit. 73Gigs? Holy shit.

I'm gonna be pissed if it won't run on my computer.

I'm running Linux, BTW.

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing this on and off for a month. Game is pretty fun. There is a metric shit ton of stuff to do. Probably too much. My biggest gripe is the lock picking shit. It turns on when the gears get to the same spot every time. At least you can cheese it by finding the click and just going back and forth at the click