Hogwarts Legacy

Mandriana

Imagine a psychological thriller where Santa is a maniacal tyrant that has enslaved a race of magical beings, genetically engineered them to like subservience. They are immortal and don't breed, so just adhere to a miserable life for all eternity to create joy that they will never experience.
The movie would be called,"Mao Zedong, and the new China man."

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol love it. "Trans rights are human rights" buys the game anyway and plays it for 24 hours :p

Typical bullshit lip service by these assclowns.

Maybe America is waking up to 99.9999% of the normies carry all the fucking cash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really wish I had picked up this game on PC instead of ps5, some of the mod videos that have been created are hilarious. Other than thinking about the weird pacing / unlocks throughout the game, couple of missed opportunities that I hope they improve upon in any future dlc/sequels.
- I abused the shit out of unforgiveable curses to blow up entire camps, not a single auror ever looked around going "Huh, you're awfully murdery for a 15 year old. Better come in for questioning". Some kind of GTA police system where your actions actually bring about the wizard police would be neat.
- Actual rewards/punishments in school for your actions, the illusion of choice which inevitably wound up the same way was shitty.
- Monotony / repitition of the merlin trials, ancient magic orbs, multiple tiers of unlock, for no real benefit. They could have done 10 merlins spaced apart with 10 different types really making you use a wide range of spells, also lol trivializing the magic orbs with a broom.
- Potions being unnecessary. Not going to sit around a shitty UI over and over to brew something that takes 30 seconds back and forth. They should have made it so if you had 10 cauldrons, you could select all at once to brew/harvest instead of having to go to each one.
- Animated window transitions and a bad UI/Menu system.
- Broom races, really
- You can't enter here by flight, fuck you I could and I did.
- The tranny's voice the second she spoke it just immediately takes you out of the game element. Bitch you a wizard, repairo your own voice box or make a permanent polyjuice potion to become a woman, anything else would have made more sense.

Definitely worth the price, hoping they polish the sequels / dlc a bit more with their massive profit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I finished the main story at 45hours. I still have a lot of stuff to do in the open world, a few side quests and stuff.

So my thoughts now.

It's a great adaptation of the Harry Potter universe. It's probably one of the best adaption of an IP period. The world just feels like you're in the Potterverse. They did a remarkable job with the adaptation.

While it's somewhat a generic open world game, it's done very well in my opinion. Good looking world, good design, fun and somewhat diverse objective type, although each type gets repetitive after a while, basic open world issue. Still a good open world game. The combat was better than I expected, and quite enjoyable with some fun combos.

Itemization sucked big time, it's boring as fuck until you unlock the ability to upgrade the items and add traits. Even then it's fairly unimpressive.

The room of requirement is just plain awesome.

Ok, now the story and pacing. While the main story was decent, the pacing was horrible. The general structure of it was. Do main quest, then do a bunch of "main side quest" that are required to advance the main quest but barely connect to it. It's not that the sidequests were bad, it's just that they kept interrupting the main narrative.

This ties into the worse part of the game, the pacing. The introduction of new features is tied to the main story, and are unlocked way way too slowly. The idea that you unlock talents and have like 15 points to spend already is dumb. The same with the loom to upgrade items. You get items that you can upgrade and have slot for traits probably 10-15 levels before you get the loom.

At some point I was doing open world and side stuff and realized that unless I concentrated on the main story, I would finish the game with a few system still locked...and than just did the main story. I'm not sure I'll bother with the rest now. That was just in my opinion some terrible design and pacing.

Still beside that major issue, it is still a great game that I enjoyed a lot.
This was me, too. Albeit weeks before this post. I thought I'd go back and finish up the side stuff but I just haven't cared enough to.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Has this passed 1 billion in sales yet? I bet it has.

PS5 sales up 315% too.

Poor JK has been cancelled so hard, she's probably going to go broke soon.

:(

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Has this passed 1 billion in sales yet? I bet it has.

PS5 sales up 315% too.

Poor JK has been cancelled so hard, she's probably going to go broke soon.

:(
She's technically, or was, a billionaire but gave away enough to charities so that she would stay under that line intentionally.

She should start her own detransitioning charity.

Actually... that's a really good idea.

• 4Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I played this for an hour or two and left off right after I got to Hogsmeade. I thought that was the big second area that you don't get to for a while? Did I pass up tons of content or something?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope, the story forces you to go there pretty much right away.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Can you dress female characters in short little Catholic school girl outfits??

There are no sexy outfits in this game, you gotta look like Mary Poppins. And there's no such thing as a Sexy Mary Poppins costume. Might be the only thing there's no sexy costume for.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ffs this is pathetic and sad.

"I wasn't bullied, I didn't cry." "also they were 100% justified in attacking me and everyone that played this horrible transphobic game, because JK is Hitler". "they just picked the wrong target, Im an ally!"

Well, I was hoping to give them the benefit of the doubt (haven't seen any of their videos about this) but... unsubscribed.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
There are no sexy outfits in this game, you gotta look like Mary Poppins. And there's no such thing as a Sexy Mary Poppins costume. Might be the only thing there's no sexy costume for.
Mods will take care of this.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

You gotta let it go for this one I think

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have the fixed the biscuit quest yet? I can finally start it! Yes I’m playing slowly…
Yes. And it was only ever broken if you went to a specific bandit camp early and opened a lock you had no reason to. Very easy to avoid (not that that stopped me from breaking the quest in my first playthrough.....).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users