Hogwarts Legacy

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I felt a great disturbance in streaming, as if 2% of a million voices tried spamming and were suddenly silenced by mods. I fear no existing viewers were affected.
2%. 2%. Who is 2% of the population? Hmmm

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
FmAW3F-XoAAhuB0

• 13Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I watched some gameplay videos last night.

On the fence. Typically with this many delays and a stop start the game 99% of the time winds up shit. However, they seem to have some good world building, day night cycles, seasons, etc (The seasons will be more like Forza 5 when they shift in a pre-determined period in the quest lines/story lines.

With that said, the fact there is an outrage over Goblins in a fantasy game and the .01% woke fucks trying to compare that to slavery - and the fact that we literally have to argue about the fact there are TWO GENDERS, and 72 hours early access with a preorder of the deluxe, is veering me to a purchase. My thought process here is to show once and for all that the .01% of sales lost from these cucks (Roughly $400,000) will always pale to the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS and while these fucks can whine all they want in their misery of mental illness or trying to garner shock value web hits to make cash, in the end they will always be little corner Willy's and money talks.

It's time to show publishers who they should be catering to if they value sales and making a living.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still don't see why they should be rewarded just because they were too naive and/or retarded to realize that trying to appease the rainbow mafia and woke cultists never works.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I still don't see why they should be rewarded just because they were too naive and/or retarded to realize that trying to appease the rainbow mafia and woke cultists never works.

Well, at that point it goes to the game itself. This is where ACG will come in - because all others will let their reviews be influenced by Goblin slavery :p

Vorph

Well, at that point it goes to the game itself. This is where ACG will come in - because all others will let their reviews be influenced by Goblin slavery :p
Yeah, I just find the blind pre-ordering of the game as a reaction to the "boycott" to be stupid when the devs have gone out of their way to kiss the asses of the people behind it instead of having a spine. Plus it irritates me that I have to get it for PS5 instead of XSX like every other multi-plat because they sold out to Sony too. I still hope it's a good game in the end.

Mortismal Gaming is another good reviewer besides ACG. I don't always agree with his reviews (especially his recent Midnight Suns one) but he goes into enough detail about what he liked/disliked about the game that I can tell when I'm going to think the exact opposite about something. Only downside is that he 100%'s everything before putting out a video, so if the publisher doesn't send out copies well in advance of release then he won't have it out for a while after.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was wondering which system would run it better than saw it won't be out until April or so for the Series X. PS5 supports various haptic feedback and motion - not sure how gimmicky that will be - also I hate haptic feedback on the triggers so hopefully that can be turned off. Supports 3D audio but since they do not support receiver (I am not doing arc) throughput it's worthless. I do not want to use my OLED set for 3D audio nor headphones when I have a sweet Atmos set up - so if they support Atmos on Series X that would be a game changer for that platform and give us time to see if it is any good.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I was wondering which system would run it better than saw it won't be out until April or so for the Series X. PS5 supports various haptic feedback and motion - not sure how gimmicky that will be - also I hate haptic feedback on the triggers so hopefully that can be turned off. Supports 3D audio but since they do not support receiver (I am not doing arc) throughput it's worthless. I do not want to use my OLED set for 3D audio nor headphones when I have a sweet Atmos set up - so if they support Atmos on Series X that would be a game changer for that platform and give us time to see if it is any good.

It comes out in Feb for Series X. Xbox One and PS4 are the verisons that come out in April.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a goblin slavery system in this? Like can we use them to generate shekels or something? Would be cool if this is good and a mod scene pops up for it, seems like it has a lot of potential there.

• 1Double Worf

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I believe the Goblin Rebellions stem from the Human Wizards not allowing Goblins to use wands, because they fear they would over take humans (similar to why they keep elves as a slave class, though that one makes less sense, since House Elves seem to be VASTLY more powerful than Human Wizards, I'm not sure what Dark Pact precipitated that arrangement.)

Vorph

There will almost certainly be an option to shut it off in game but if not haptic triggers can be turned off at the system level.

What is 'forcing' me to get it on PS5 is the stupid exclusive content I posted about above, quoting from the official FAQ.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This popped up in my feed. Lol they really be salty about this game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

This popped up in my feed. Lol they really be salty about this game.
It's almost like there's a lesson to be learned here about how no matter how much you try to appease the mob of degenerate mental patients on Twitter, Reddit, and RetardEra, IT'S NEVER ENOUGH. But since people on the other side are too stupid to realize that the company is completely spineless, they are getting rewarded for it and nothing will change the next game it happens to.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Mortismal Gaming is another good reviewer besides ACG. I don't always agree with his reviews (especially his recent Midnight Suns one) but he goes into enough detail about what he liked/disliked about the game that I can tell when I'm going to think the exact opposite about something. Only downside is that he 100%'s everything before putting out a video, so if the publisher doesn't send out copies well in advance of release then he won't have it out for a while after.
He really does a fantastic job of reviewing stuff. Like you said I don't necessarily agree with everything that he shoots out, but he's completely no BS, and doesn't add a bunch of stupid edge lord jokes like ACG. I don't mind ACG, but the stupid humor that he writes into every review gets annoying. I don't want a bad stand up comic, just tell me about the game.

Mortim just has a very nice and concise pattern to his videos, and he never deviates from it because it works. The channel seems to have really blown up recently, and he's probably one of the only people I feel like I'm good a solid review from if I'm looking at playing a game.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Maybe I just don’t frequent the same sites you all do or my algorithm isn’t poisoned by Nerdrotic/Quartering trash, but I haven’t heard any “outcry” against this game except for a random Twitch chatter or two dropping the word “terf” or whatever the fuck those offended people call Jk Rowling now

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Maybe I just don’t frequent the same sites you all do or my algorithm isn’t poisoned by Nerdrotic/Quartering trash, but I haven’t heard any “outcry” against this game except for a random Twitch chatter or two dropping the word “terf” or whatever the fuck those offended people call Jk Rowling now

Do you have internet access? Living under a rock?

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Do you have internet access? Living under a rock?

I only hear about this shit from you guys here on these forums and I read plenty of game news and basically live on the internet.

There's a simple solution to idiots online spouting bullshit (or "creators" farming views by complaining about other idiots): Don't read them, don't watch them, and downvote when you see them. After a short while this stuff won't appear in your feeds any more and for all practical purposes it doesn't exist. Some loud but vanishingly small group of people somewhere is wrong? So fucking what? If you keep seeing it, it's because you're implicitly opting in to maintaining your sense of outrage. Curate your own mental state and just turn it off.

These people/ideas, much like Ossoi, are what ignore functions were invented for.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 9 users