Hogwarts Legacy

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Might have found my replacement for the Ravenclaw cloak.

JoK52dY.png
When do we get the mod for an SS uniform?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this an actual good game or you all just shitposting or shilling for harry potter?
Yeah, it's a really good game. Probably top 5 open world RPGs. At least so far. Definitely game of the year type of game.

Even the collection type stuff is really well done and fits the lore of the game.

My complaints are things like it not being as optimized for PC as I'd like, and the menu opening is slow (my actual complaint is that when you want to exit any menu, you have to go through the main book menu thing every time and can't exit straight from it back to playing).

The puzzles aren't insanely difficult, nor ridiculously easy. And they're so frequent you're constantly on your toes figuring stuff out. There are fuck tons of puzzles. The first or second day I was going to complain about the Merlin Trials, and how there were like 4 types with a few variations, but there's at least a dozen.

And as said, it's feature heavy. The housing system (Room of Requirements) is surprisingly dense and keeps getting more in depth. My only worry is they keep dripping more features and it's going to be one of those games with something super fun introduced towards the end that I never play with because I beat the game (this was Death Stranding for me).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its definitely formulaic in terms of open world games of the past decade. But it nails atmosphere and the puzzles and combat are all generally enjoyable.

Seems like a lot of this game really did start out as the bones for an MMO that later became a single player game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of atmosphere, the game feels super alive. Every single place in the castle has something happening. I eventually just kind of tuned it out so I forget, but it's constant. There's a thread with a bunch of examples, but it's hard to overstate how many NPCs are doing things. And different things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Seems like a lot of this game really did start out as the bones for an MMO that later became a single player game.

Warner Brothers really should turn this into something like GTA Online. It would be massive and make them billions.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is there any con storywise to using dark magic? Nobody seems to care that I am cursing goblins and whatnot left and right.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Coaching the wife through this as she's the fan.

She just got to Hogwarts and it is actually phenomenal lol. I'm impressed.
Its a LOT more than what you're seeing atm. Place is so massive.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there any con storywise to using dark magic? Nobody seems to care that I am cursing goblins and whatnot left and right.
I've had other students on missions during fights make comments, but I don't think there was a detriment to it ("Oh, you use dark magic?"). At least not yet.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The devs said there was no stigma because they wanted to let you play the way you want.

• 2Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
My complaints are things like it not being as optimized for PC as I'd like, and the menu opening is slow (my actual complaint is that when you want to exit any menu, you have to go through the main book menu thing every time and can't exit straight from it back to playing).
I’ve noticed you can use the shortcut key as a toggle - so if you hit M for the map, when you hit it again it closes back to the game - same with J (quest journal). I think this works as well even if you entered the menu from the ESC interface, but I could be wrong.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok I found the perfect config for me

PS5 via HDMI 2.1 to C1
ARC to my receiver for audio
VRR on for everything PS5
VRR Gsync on for C1
Balanced mode
Capped Off.

What I found was capped with VRR was worse frame rate. Uncapped in balanced letting VRR Gsync handle it works SO well. Graphics are better frames look undistinguished from performance and I have home theater audio back.

Give it a shot if you do not have an HDMI 2.1 receiver but a C1. Controls are super fluid as well.

Also with frame cap unlocked I also get a true readout of FPS in Game Optimizer. Typically 40-58. 1800p dynamic to 4k
Turned off capped in Balanced, then brought up the game optimizer overlay. Showed vrr on (no mention of gsync (but thats enabled)), and 119fps. Started running around while the overlay was showing, and fps would fluctuate from a low of 52 up to a high of 74 (out in a open field).

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is this an actual good game or you all just shitposting or shilling for harry potter?

not trolling, its very good

Is the combat any good though? There is combat, right?

What i saw was basic attacks, a shield spell that you can fire a stupefy sleep counter attack from, a levitate spell thats also used to break magic armor

and a bunch of dueling mechanics based off of that, its pretty legit

• 1Like