Home buying thread

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Moving the fiance's stuff into our new place today. She has so much crap I already want to burn it down. She better be good at hiding this stuff!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still waiting for construction to start due to Austin only finishing permitting papers for 5 properties a day in the entire metro area.
Aren't you glad all those California liberals moved to Austin and brought their California efficiencies with them?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm not super happy with our current buyer's agent. We probably fucked up by being a walk in instead of specifically requesting an agent, but she's really new at this and it's a side gig for her so I just don't think she's particularly suited to it yet (or will ever be).

We've had to do most of the work finding houses and she's failed to get us into viewings several times (whether that's her fault or not I don't know).

With that background, we found a house that was listed in Zillow last night and texted her as soon as it popped up. For some reason MLS hasn't sent us a notification about it, not sure why. Anyway, she said she'd be unable to show it to us today since she has family in town. I asked if anyone else in her office was able to and no luck (she did ask though). She also said it probably doesn't matter since "I know that an offer being put in today won't even be processed or accepted until Tuesday because banks and everything will be closed for the Fourth of July." I'm thinking she's confused, because if we were closing that'd likely be true, but I don't know why anything being closed would impact accepting an offer.

Anyway, we really like this house and I wanted to ask FoH about whether I should be upset in this particular circumstance. I know as a recent seller we'd likely wait until the weekend was over anyway to accept an offer, but if we had two at an equal price I'd likely go with whichever was first. Which is why I'm a bit annoyed. But maybe I'm being overly sensitive and it doesn't actually matter as much as I think it does.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
If you are at all unhappy, walk. You owe her nothing and a home purchase is to important to worry about someone else's bullshit. In summary fuck her.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I'm not super happy with our current buyer's agent. We probably fucked up by being a walk in instead of specifically requesting an agent, but she's really new at this and it's a side gig for her so I just don't think she's particularly suited to it yet (or will ever be).

We've had to do most of the work finding houses and she's failed to get us into viewings several times (whether that's her fault or not I don't know).

With that background, we found a house that was listed in Zillow last night and texted her as soon as it popped up. For some reason MLS hasn't sent us a notification about it, not sure why. Anyway, she said she'd be unable to show it to us today since she has family in town. I asked if anyone else in her office was able to and no luck (she did ask though). She also said it probably doesn't matter since "I know that an offer being put in today won't even be processed or accepted until Tuesday because banks and everything will be closed for the Fourth of July." I'm thinking she's confused, because if we were closing that'd likely be true, but I don't know why anything being closed would impact accepting an offer.

Anyway, we really like this house and I wanted to ask FoH about whether I should be upset in this particular circumstance. I know as a recent seller we'd likely wait until the weekend was over anyway to accept an offer, but if we had two at an equal price I'd likely go with whichever was first. Which is why I'm a bit annoyed. But maybe I'm being overly sensitive and it doesn't actually matter as much as I think it does.
Cut bait. This about 3% of the ultimate price you pay and ask yourself has she earned it. Tell her that you dont feel her priorities align with yours and are going to use another agent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Bail. She's lazy and inexperienced. No point in giving your money to someone who isn't earning it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What you described has been the only kind of experience I've known when dealing with realtors. Both in my own case and with many of my friends and family.

Not saying you shouldnt fire her, more just "yeah that sounds about right"

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Semi-rant/vent. As some know, I am from Florida and after 50 years there moved to Long Island NY for various reasons (mainly the insanely good public schools for my daughter and a business opportunity that worked out well). I have been looking for a non-luxury condo back in Fl near/on the beach for us to use 4-5 times a year. I want to stress we are only going to use 4-5 times a year for vacations when our daughter is out of school. I was initially looking in the Melbourne area since I like it but couldn't find a place I liked in the price I want to pay (paying cash at least initially). Started checking the west coast and found a 2/2 around New Port Ritchie with a private beach club (the association owns a private beach on the Gulf) asking under 100k. I show it to her:

Me: 2/2 with a membership in a private beach club.
Her: but its almost 2 miles to the beach.
Me: but it has a private beach and so what if its two miles away.
Her: Its like a half hour from Tampa. Its in the middle of nowhere.
Me: Exactly. Its a beach community but close to a big city.
Her: I want someplace where we can walk to restaurants, bars, shops and the beach and stuff. Like Delray Beach (she used to live in Delray).
Me: Something in those areas run about a million plus and we are only looking to use it for a few weeks out of the year.
Her: <blink>
Her: Well, I dont like that one you showed me.

This is why bodies get buried in back yards.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not entirely related, but we bought our house in CA in 2015. About a year afterwards we had considered buying a condo in either Orange Beach, AL or Perdido Key, FL. They were going for under $150k at the time and I just couldn't justify it (we had only recently discovered the early retirement thing and I wanted to sock away all our money into equities).

It's hindsight and all, but they're selling for about half a million now. Plus, we likely would've been able to pay our entire mortgage from it just from the summer months. AND it would've made the rental home nightmare we had moving down here a lot less stressful. Oh well.

2 miles from the beach is closer than we're looking. Most of them are about 3-5. We're currently living about 5 miles from the beach and it's great. Don't have to worry about flooding as much and it's really just a quick drive. Honestly takes just a few minutes to get there.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Semi-rant/vent. As some know, I am from Florida and after 50 years there moved to Long Island NY for various reasons (mainly the insanely good public schools for my daughter and a business opportunity that worked out well). I have been looking for a non-luxury condo back in Fl near/on the beach for us to use 4-5 times a year. I want to stress we are only going to use 4-5 times a year for vacations when our daughter is out of school. I was initially looking in the Melbourne area since I like it but couldn't find a place I liked in the price I want to pay (paying cash at least initially). Started checking the west coast and found a 2/2 around New Port Ritchie with a private beach club (the association owns a private beach on the Gulf) asking under 100k. I show it to her:

Her: I want someplace where we can walk to restaurants, bars, shops and the beach and stuff. Like Delray Beach (she used to live in Delray).
Me: Something in those areas run about a million plus and we are only looking to use it for a few weeks out of the year.

My GF got crusty at me when I told her the house she wanted would kill her in maintenance and HVAC bills. It was an old huge but nice house from the early 1900's. Something like 4600 sq/ft and less than $300k. It took a while for her to understand there was a reason why it was selling for so little.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My GF got crusty at me when I told her the house she wanted would kill her in maintenance and HVAC bills. It was an old huge but nice house from the early 1900's. Something like 4600 sq/ft and less than $300k. It took a while for her to understand there was a reason why it was selling for so little.
I always thought the old line about 90% of marital issues being about money was a joke. And then I got married.

How do lesbian couples ever make it more than 3 months. Two women trying to figure out money? Not a fucking chance.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

Buy it anyways.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Does she give sloppy blowjobs at the end of each failed showing?

Dump her, find a real agent through word of mouth

I accepted my 20 over ask price b/c there was no inspections, wasnt the first offered

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Awesome day working at property. Until I discovered a bee nest mowing, or I should say they discovered me before I discovered them. Can't wait to build, but far more excited for the homesteading than I am the house.

Just been working to clear the poison hemlock from everywhere I can so need my tractor which have ordered but telling me it could be months to get it.

IMG-5191.jpg

This shot shows about 1/3 of the property.

• 18Like
Reactions: 17 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Awesome day working at property. Until I discovered a bee nest mowing, or I should say they discovered me before I discovered them. Can't wait to build, but far more excited for the homesteading than I am the house.

Just been working to clear the poison hemlock from everywhere I can so need my tractor which have ordered but telling me it could be months to get it.

View attachment 360908

This shot shows about 1/3 of the property.
What kind of tractor are you getting?