Home Improvement

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
They are assuming you actually cook slightly complex food.

I just ordered Wolf 36" Dual Fuel Range 6 Burners (DF366) Cooktop for my kitchen.

Looking forward to having an Electric Oven / Gas Range. Electric is superior for ovens (better controlled heat) while Gas is superior for range.

That said. I do wish I had room to have an induction range for boiling. Had one in an apartment I stayed in while living in China for a month and hooooooly crap did it boil water fast.

I prefer Wolf over anything. I got the one with the griddle in the middle but I wouldnt choose anything else. Electric ranges can suck a dick.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

to those that have money they know not what to do, my home is available for remodel :)

Looks great - I always see cased windows and go "nice" but when I try and visualize them in my home... I just do not see it...maybe it is the trio of nice casing that matches the tall thick baseboard and nice crown..

Vinen

God is dead
I prefer Wolf over anything. I got the one with the griddle in the middle but I wouldnt choose anything else. Electric ranges can suck a dick.

I don't use griddles often. Will just get a 3rd party one if I need it. Would rather have the 6 burners.
From speaking with the sales-guy he doesn't really see many buying the griddle version.

I cannot wait for it though! glad you like it. Can't wait to use it.

Vinen

God is dead
Viking has a range with a gas and induction top and electric oven if you change your mind and want to have a nice kitchen.

Got a link to it? Kitchen is still in design phase and this is def an option I would consider. My googlefu and searching on their site is ass.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I couldn't spend the money for Wolf. I got an LG gas range with six burners and a double oven. I'm entirely satisfied.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Apparently we have some people here who flambe on their home cooktop.
no, what i listed are the nuances that plebs don't notice or care about, but if you cook, you know you like to control temp/heat before/during and after, and the ability to introduce air into the food. SURE, like i said, it is easily avoid by moving the pan to an unused burner or appropriate surface, restaurants have lips on their burners just for this purpose and many prosumer ranges have this too
41FN35UKiML._SX342_.jpg

and yes you can lift up the pan swoosh and flip in the air, but now you just lost your leverage. You know this, youre a cook, whyre you being facetious to appear correct.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, getting gas in the house wouldn't be entirely for the gas range, it'd just be the first converted appliance. The previous owners had 6 teenage kids in the house, so it's a dual water heater setup. Would love to get those on gas, and even get rid of one water heater entirely, but for now, while they are both working, I'm not sure I see a point. But having them both on gas would be nice. We have an electric furnace as well.

The cost to convert everything will be expensive though, and it may not be that much cheaper. I'm like 7.5 cents per KWh so it's not terribly expensive where I live.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well, getting gas in the house wouldn't be entirely for the gas range, it'd just be the first converted appliance. The previous owners had 6 teenage kids in the house, so it's a dual water heater setup. Would love to get those on gas, and even get rid of one water heater entirely, but for now, while they are both working, I'm not sure I see a point. But having them both on gas would be nice. We have an electric furnace as well.

The cost to convert everything will be expensive though, and it may not be that much cheaper. I'm like 7.5 cents per KWh so it's not terribly expensive where I live.
can't you just shut one off?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't spend the money for Wolf. I got an LG gas range with six burners and a double oven. I'm entirely satisfied.
We have double oven LG as well, 4 round + the oval/griddle burner in the middle. Pretty much only use the griddle burner for big family/holiday cooks.

The double oven is super handy though, never want to go back to single

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lulz a boiler for every floor
More like 1 for the Master bath, and 1 for the guest (kids) bathroom. With 6 teenage kids in the house I'm sure the previous owners were like FU kids, you get that bathroom, we get our own hot water over here.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
More like 1 for the Master bath, and 1 for the guest (kids) bathroom. With 6 teenage kids in the house I'm sure the previous owners were like FU kids, you get that bathroom, we get our own hot water over here.

WHen the next replacement rotation for our hot water heater hits we're planning on going the tankless route because screw running out of hot water.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
WHen the next replacement rotation for our hot water heater hits we're planning on going the tankless route because screw running out of hot water.

I have four teenagers and an 11 year old. You better believe tankless is in our near future.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got a link to it? Kitchen is still in design phase and this is def an option I would consider. My googlefu and searching on their site is ass.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
IMG_20190530_011838.jpg

don't worry about the bottom, i have no idea what it was, but i had to chisel it out, it was like wax, lulz (cleaned after the pic)

anyway this always looked funny to me, i was all ready to try my hand at pvc piping, then i got a basin wrench and decided to put putty and tighten the water spigot from my RO unit (thats where the yellow line is from, the water tank is removed)

I'm guessing i could also use a new dishwashing waste line (i don't use the dishwasher, so thats just old)

but i noticed that the drain to the wall is actually ABS, and not PVC, (i guess thats why they have the huge black compression rubber thing at the wye)

honestly i believe the drain is too high (cuz of a remodeled deep sink) but i'm not gonna cut out the wall for that.

so should i repipe it all with ABS? and have a proper ABS joint at the wall?

also should i get rid of the double p-traps and just have the disposal goto a sanitary tee then a ptrap instead?

Last edited:

Vinen

God is dead

Thanks much. Looks like its only in 48inch or above models. That specific viking model looks like Satan's anus.

Here is the kitchen design. Not shown is the Microwave drawer on the far side of the island.
Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 12.02.53 PM.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks much. Looks like its only in 48inch or above models. That specific viking model looks like Satan's anus.

Here is the kitchen design. Not shown is the Microwave drawer on the far side of the island.
View attachment 209591
I was envisioning a fairly massive kitchen. This is smaller than mine.

dude you doing alright financially??

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 209591

Oh i didn't realize it was for a trailer. They have kitchen packages custom fit for the specific widths they turn out in single/double wides. I would talk to them instead of a house kitchen remodeler.

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users