Home Improvement

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma Brahma

Plan B could have been inviting FOH peeps over, handing them tools and providing alcohol.

Of course, that kind of requires some level of self-doxxing, so maybe Plan A was a better idea.

Did you just pay a family to come over and owrk on your yard, though? Did I see a mother/grandmother out there doing yard work? Am I high right now?

You aint high.

Those two women removed 6 hedges with fuckin chainsaws. Trimmed bushes. Cleaned my gutters. Cut grass. Raked. Bagged. Removed all the crap in a pickup that I guess was the husband/father left. 300 bucks. I gave the two women 20 each on top of that. I felt like an ass. They were in my yard busting their hump, while I played video games.

Yard still looks meh. But at least I can go out there now and make it look good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You aint high.

Those two women removed 6 hedges with fuckin chainsaws. Trimmed bushes. Cleaned my gutters. Cut grass. Raked. Bagged. Removed all the crap in a pickup that I guess was the husband/father left. 300 bucks. I gave the two women 20 each on top of that. I felt like an ass. They were in my yard busting their hump, while I played video games.

Yard still looks meh. But at least I can go out there now and make it look good.
Don't you have kids? That's why you have kids!

I'm kidding, but that situation is triggering my guilt from half the country away and it's not even my yard, LOL

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I'm kidding, but that situation is triggering my guilt from half the country away and it's not even my yard, LOL
they also hauled it away too,

did your guilt let you count how many bags they took away? Brahma Brahma

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Its what I have my kids doing. One cuts the lawn every week and does the edging, the other one helps clean up inside, like dishwasher and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i regularly see my neighbors bag 2bags of grass a week for .1 acres. (i wouldn't know cuz i mulch, but i'm guess i'd do the same if i bagged, why ppl don't mulch, i have no idea)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Honest to God, I feel like people have to bag because they're lazy and let the grass get too tall.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mulch mine too. Even sometimes just a week the mulching gets intense
i've been thinking about gettin different blades, i have what they call gator blades for mulching
detail_oep_G6.jpg

i'm not happy with em, i think i should just try out some high lift blades

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
went to stain my deck, i powerwashed and deck cleaned yesterday...

GOD DAMN FUCKING BIRDS, shit all over one side!, like they shat down my hand rail or most likely were sitting on it in a line, had to get it done, so just stained around the bird shit, will power wash it away tomorrow and stain the rest. looks nice, makes my gondola look old, but no fucking way i can stain that tall ass structure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Ignoring kitchen house renovation is done outside a tiny punch-list / and downstairs floor refinishing and post Renovation deep clean. Thank. Fucking. God.

Leaving the house next week and refinishing is happening Mon-Wed while a deep clean of the entire house is happening Fri/Sat. We return on Sunday. Cannot fucking wait.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ignoring kitchen house renovation is done outside a tiny punch-list / and downstairs floor refinishing and post Renovation deep clean. Thank. Fucking. God.

Leaving the house next week and refinishing is happening Mon-Wed while a deep clean of the entire house is happening Fri/Sat. We return on Sunday. Cannot fucking wait.
so you have no kitchen?

Vinen

God is dead
so you have no kitchen?

Correct. Its gutted further than this picture now... We are opening up the kitchen and taking out the load bearing supports in the centre of the picture. Getting steel to reinforce, etc...
20190517_152802.jpg

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
any quick tips on exterior painting? when power washing my deck, the force of the water from the backsplash basically stripped some of the paint off the mouding on my door, when looking at it, i can basically peel off a footlong chunk of paint.

so yea, i don't know if i'm supposed to strip or rip or whatever, i just want to repaint it bland white trim, mind you staining the deck is actually the first bit of "painting" i've ever done... so thats what you're working with heh.

Oh but i actually have purdy paint brushes and rollers on hand, i knew i'd be painting eventually and bought em on sale.