Home Theater/Game Room Thread

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got a spare JVC 1080p projector, 3D glasses, hardware and 4 spare bulbs that I can sell cheaply if anybody is local to Omaha or wants to make a drive to pick it up in person. It doesn't have the ceiling mount, they are pretty generic to JVC and I'm using the mount on my newer projector.

The one I just upgraded from is the JVC RS45U, almost identical to the one I have now, the new one added E-shift.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone can comment on soundbar system. I'm thinking of getting one for the TV upstairs. Are they good as a 5.1 speaker setup and what are there pros and cons?

Soundbars are tv speaker replacements. They're fine for a few hundred dollars, but definitely not a replacement for legit surround sound (5.1+) systems.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone can comment on soundbar system. I'm thinking of getting one for the TV upstairs. Are they good as a 5.1 speaker setup and what are there pros and cons?

As has been said before, there is zero separation, even on the high end soundbars I've heard. It just sounds like a center channel. Don't believe the hype, the tech isn't there yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
As has been said before, there is zero separation, even on the high end soundbars I've heard. It just sounds like a center channel. Don't believe the hype, the tech isn't there yet.

I really don't know much about audio and can't run cables at my house anymore. What's your guy's opinions on wireless 5.1 or 5.1.2 where the rear speakers (and I guess the .2 depending on if it is atmos or not) are wirelessly connected to the front sound bar? I was planning on pulling the trigger on an LG OLED series but the burn in articles have scared me off and figured I'd use the savings in budget to upgrade my ancient 3.1 soundbar as well. Also, I guess I suck at google as well as audio because I can't find a straight answer on ARC. If I connect an ARC system to my tv via ARC to ARC does every device plugged into the TV now automatically take advantage of the ARC speaker setup or does every device need to go to the ARC systems inputs?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really don't know much about audio and can't run cables at my house anymore. What's your guy's opinions on wireless 5.1 or 5.1.2 where the rear speakers (and I guess the .2 depending on if it is atmos or not) are wirelessly connected to the front sound bar? I was planning on pulling the trigger on an LG OLED series but the burn in articles have scared me off and figured I'd use the savings in budget to upgrade my ancient 3.1 soundbar as well. Also, I guess I suck at google as well as audio because I can't find a straight answer on ARC. If I connect an ARC system to my tv via ARC to ARC does every device plugged into the TV now automatically take advantage of the ARC speaker setup or does every device need to go to the ARC systems inputs?

Quit being a pussy and suck it up. Last time I heard a wireless setup, it didn't sound good.

• 1Solidarity

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Blew my load today and ended up buying a set of Surrounds SR9080 to upgrade and also a new 65'' TV. Been following slick deals for awhile now and you are able to get a LG OLED 65''B7P for 2203 shipped out the door. You can then use your price protection on your credit card (Chase for me), to get 500 back. Brings the price of the best OLED on the market (panel wise) to $1700. Feels criminal, but couldn't pass it up.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Blew my load today and ended up buying a set of Surrounds SR9080 to upgrade and also a new 65'' TV. Been following slick deals for awhile now and you are able to get a LG OLED 65''B7P for 2203 shipped out the door. You can then use your price protection on your credit card (Chase for me), to get 500 back. Brings the price of the best OLED on the market (panel wise) to $1700. Feels criminal, but couldn't pass it up.

Damn nice find. If I found that I'd of done the same in a heart beat.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Damn nice find. If I found that I'd of done the same in a heart beat.

The deal still exists, I'll link it from slick deals.

LG OLED65B7A $2349 no charge for tax or shipping (screenshot attached) 08-24-2017

The comments are where the helpful suggestions are. Essentially you call "BEACH CAMERA" up (they are an authorized LG dealer) and they will ship it to you $2200.03 final price. Literally no hassle or negotiation. Multiple comments in there from people who have received new, unopened boxes (not refurb). After you are in receipt of your TV, you can price match with any CC. For price matching you can use any scam website like Cliffs Deals

ONLY For the purpose of price matching. Chase has, in the past, always given me price protection from these websites. It can't be from an auction website like eBay.

Obviously it's still a risk and it's up to each man to make the choice about this type of shit for a deal. TV is delivered from NJ and delivery time is 2-3 days for NY.

Do a bit of investigating if you are interested. Took me awhile, but I couldn't pass up that deal.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Man thank you for sharing that. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

• 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Called and they still honored it. Shipped out today and will be here early next week. Have some pricing they gave me for some of the other 65 models in case anyone else is interested. Sounds like prices and availability change rapidly so it may be a bit different.
C7-$2599
E7- $2699
G7-$3199

• 1Solidarity

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Looking for thoughts between these 2 TV's. Of course there are others on the market (Like the C7) but after watching many Reviews and discussions, i'll stick with the Sony.
so, the issue i am having is that i wanted a 75" TV, but OLED 75" is still far too expensive. So...

The first TV is:
Sony XBR75X940E 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1VMTBE/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I345V0C84V7YF0&colid=8CIESS56QIQ2

The second choice is:
Sony XBR65A1E 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart BRAVIA OLED TV
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCR93SJ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3G32YT60WKZQI&colid=8CIESS56QIQ2

I wanted the larger TV because i have some vision issues that are not fixable with glasses. However the OLED TV i think overall is better quality. But the UHD is a phenomenal TV as well.

thoughts?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Looking for thoughts between these 2 TV's. Of course there are others on the market (Like the C7) but after watching many Reviews and discussions, i'll stick with the Sony.
so, the issue i am having is that i wanted a 75" TV, but OLED 75" is still far too expensive. So...

The first TV is:
Sony XBR75X940E 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1VMTBE/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I345V0C84V7YF0&colid=8CIESS56QIQ2

The second choice is:
Sony XBR65A1E 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart BRAVIA OLED TV
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCR93SJ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3G32YT60WKZQI&colid=8CIESS56QIQ2

I wanted the larger TV because i have some vision issues that are not fixable with glasses. However the OLED TV i think overall is better quality. But the UHD is a phenomenal TV as well.

thoughts?

I really wanted to go 75'' myself, but couldn't justify (what I consider) the insane price difference between the 65'' and 75''. Between the two you listed above I would probably go big or go home and go with the 940E. I considered the 940E when I bought my 65'' LG OLED. I really trust the work that the guys at Best picture quality 70-75 inch TVs - Summer 2017: Reviews do and would recommend you check them out if you haven't yet. Either set will be incredible, but the 940E in all of the reviews I've read has consistently been the best TV at that size. No matter what you choose, I doubt you'll be disappointed. If you wanted to save a few K and put it towards a home theater or other expenses, you could follow us on a journey to LG OLED :)

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I guess I could put this here...

I'm looking for a digital wall clock that has date and external temperature (so would probably need WiFi to pull from NOAA). Anyone have recommendations?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Kind of short notice but I’m at home for Thanksgiving and Mom wants me to get me my Christmas present. Looking for a new receiver since mine doesn’t support a lot of the new stuff. Was thinking of the Yamaha RX-V681/683, or something in the $450 range. Really all I use speaker wise is 3.1 because I don’t have space for surrounds, backs or sides, but could see using it in another space at some point so would like it to still support other modes.

Malkav

French Madman
How is the Xbox One X as a UHD bluray player? Comparable to low/middle range dedicated players?

Need one for my setup and was wondering if it was worth going the X route. I have a KS8000 and an Atmos compatible receiver (although only a 5.1 speaker setup atm).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
How is the Xbox One X as a UHD bluray player? Comparable to low/middle range dedicated players?

Need one for my setup and was wondering if it was worth going the X route. I have a KS8000 and an Atmos compatible receiver (although only a 5.1 speaker setup atm).

It is definitely good enough. If you plan on gaming, I would simply buy the Xbox One X instead of a dedicated player. Could also simply get the Xbox One S, also plays UHD and is probably exactly the same as the Xbox One X, I don't think there is any difference between them playing UHD content.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted to change out my gym speakers. Currently using what used to be a 5.1 setup, but I want to go with some ceiling speakers to free up some floor space.

The room is 10'x26', although the actual area where the speakers would be is more like 10'x20'. I would kind of like to keep the price under $150 for 4 speakers (would go with stereo over surround, obviously, due to it being a gym).

Was thinking of something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Micca-M-8C-C...ef=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1516289335&sr=1-4

or

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PIC8E-H...=sr_1_11?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1516289335&sr=1-11

I really know fuckall about sound systems though, so I'm not sure if these are a mistake. Already have a sub I'll use, and likely the receiver I've already got which might get updated at a later date.