Home Workout Equipment

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'm necroing the shit outta this topic..

Anyone got some good recommendations on workout equipment that doesn't use iFit? That shit is predatory as fuck and a rip-off.

I've been using my treadmill thats old as fuck but my elliptical is "New" and has the gay as fuck iFit and I want off the exercise Micro-Trans loop they have going.

Used to be I could create a map and run the streets of google map, now I gotta pay a monthly sub to access google maps on my device...shits like 40 a month.

I wouldn't care as much if I could create my own workout without maps, but holy shit their menu system is basically 98% advertisements for their monthly sub. Spend thousands of dollars of equipment only to have that shit nearly useless if you don't have an internet connection. Also their "Sub" basically is the cost of a gym membership, why the fuck would I pay monthly for access to MY OWN FUCKING EQUIPMENT?

God damn I hate this "Life as a Service" bullshit.

---

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT, Found out I can jailbreak my elliptical...

What a fucking world we live in where I gotta jailbreak my god damn exercise equipment.

Last edited:

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I mean, you can just buy a bench and some weights and that shouldn't require wifi!

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bought a $2000 Bowflex system for $100 on Offerup. Dude even delivered it to my house.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I bought a $2000 Bowflex system for $100 on Offerup. Dude even delivered it to my house.

That blew me away, I've been seeing people bailing on bowflex systems for super cheap. Not 100 cheap but I wanna say 3-500.

I mean, you can just buy a bench and some weights and that shouldn't require wifi!

I wanna say I saw a rack system at Costco that had a screen...was cheap as hell (again, not 100 dollars) for a rack system, I wanna say it was under 1000. But it had a screen...why? Who knows.

Either way I have enough weights that I wasn't looking for that.

---

On topic, after jailbreak that ifit bullshit, now I wanna know if I can access their systems equipment sensors. Would be interesting if I can either put my account into turbo mode or just make my own software..

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm necroing the shit outta this topic..

Anyone got some good recommendations on workout equipment that doesn't use iFit? That shit is predatory as fuck and a rip-off.

I've been using my treadmill thats old as fuck but my elliptical is "New" and has the gay as fuck iFit and I want off the exercise Micro-Trans loop they have going.

Used to be I could create a map and run the streets of google map, now I gotta pay a monthly sub to access google maps on my device...shits like 40 a month.

I wouldn't care as much if I could create my own workout without maps, but holy shit their menu system is basically 98% advertisements for their monthly sub. Spend thousands of dollars of equipment only to have that shit nearly useless if you don't have an internet connection. Also their "Sub" basically is the cost of a gym membership, why the fuck would I pay monthly for access to MY OWN FUCKING EQUIPMENT?

God damn I hate this "Life as a Service" bullshit.

---

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT, Found out I can jailbreak my elliptical...

What a fucking world we live in where I gotta jailbreak my god damn exercise equipment.

Not sure your situation but I have one of these in my garage and use it for 5x5 type lifts. I have that and a nice pair of adjustable dumbbells, flat bench, and Olympic bar with various plates. Don’t need much else. I’ve added a EZ bar and some other shit over the years but that’s all I’d ever want for a home gym.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Not sure your situation but I have one of these in my garage and use it for 5x5 type lifts. I have that and a nice pair of adjustable dumbbells, flat bench, and Olympic bar with various plates. Don’t need much else. I’ve added a EZ bar and some other shit over the years but that’s all I’d ever want for a home gym.

Great option for a cage with the pulley. Im commenting on it to put it on my radar for later. Right now I'm just using bands, but I'd love to be able to do real pulldowns/pushdowns. Just gotta find room for a full cage. I got a squat/bench rack that works well for me now, mostly because I'm never gonna push myself to the point of ego lifting anyway. But it's a good thing to eventually get to.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>

Damn - I picked up a Bowflex Revolution off a guy who used it for a month and then kept it at his grandmas house because he didn’t have room for it for $800. Had to pick it up myself though.