Honkai Star Rail

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If that is 4 Himeko/Welt/Clara I'm so sorry.
Himeko is the only one of those who is kinda mid. Welt (although bazaro Dan Heng has stolen a bit of his imaginary thunder) and Clara kick ass.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Took 30 pulls to hit pity and snag Fu Xuan (was going to wait for Jingliu, but her kit was too good to pass).

Didn’t see Lynx at all, then today I figured I’d throw 10 rolls to get lucky or build pity and got Lynx in 3 rolls (stopped pulling after that). Natasha is off to the bench and my team 2 is solid now.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I blame you for me being 0-4.

Welt x2, Yaqing, and Clara while getting Seele, Luchoa, and Kafka.

Stallar warps have given me Gepard, Yanqing, and Himeko's cone.

Yanqing from Depature.

The only luck I've had was getting Kafka's cone.

luck.jpg

• 1Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well goddamn, I was disappointed as hell at first and then got a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. Got my E1 FX, Lynx is E4 now and Himeko can have her damn light cone that I lost my 75/25 to.
IMG_6990.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Fu Xuan lightcone on 2nd 10 pull, just got Landau's choice to 80 for her so gonna take a while to get it up.

She's performing very well, better than Luocha as a solo sustain I think.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks like banner reruns are starting. Seele banner is getting rerun in 1.4. Some kind of Pokemon-esque tournament event getting added (gets you a 4* from a set pool afterwards). Some kind of global "food tour collab coming.

Event codes (use them quick):
TAP8H27JBRGP
JSPRZ272S9JB
MT79YKNKARJX

Also, there's a daily check-in event currently going on for extra jades.

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Liking the look of the Jing Liu banner as someone with no Tingyun yet and C4 Qingque. C6 Qingque is the only 4 star dps that currently competes with C0 5 stars atm according to prydwen.gg (arguably better than Seele for Swarm 5). Given the powercreep of recent 5 stars I wouldn't consider investing in any other 4 star dps right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Looks like banner reruns are starting. Seele banner is getting rerun in 1.4. Some kind of Pokemon-esque tournament event getting added (gets you a 4* from a set pool afterwards). Some kind of global "food tour collab coming.

Event codes (use them quick):
TAP8H27JBRGP
JSPRZ272S9JB
MT79YKNKARJX

Also, there's a daily check-in event currently going on for extra jades.

Thanks for the codes!

I almost didn't throw another 10 pull at Fu Xuan's light cone because I was going to save it up for the new Ice hoe, since my Ice characters are weak as shit (no 5* Ice boiz). I figured fuck it, I'll try one more time and ended up pulling it (I think it took me 60 pulls total?). Super stoked, because without Gepard I really didn't have another "tank" character and both Fire MC/Gepard are pretty terrible for my Blade carry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I really feel like I need a different main dps for my second team. My Blade team is doing damn fine so far, but the Yanqing carry team is…meh. The complete lack of AE on it is just rough. The team is Yanqing, SW, Pela, and Gepard. Should I swap someone for a sub-DPS, or is there someone more flexible I can run as main-dps to build around? DPS chars I’m missing are Clara, DHIL, Seele, and JY.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Silverwolf and Pela on the same team seems weird. Isn't SW mostly good for carrying Seele?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really feel like I need a different main dps for my second team. My Blade team is doing damn fine so far, but the Yanqing carry team is…meh. The complete lack of AE on it is just rough. The team is Yanqing, SW, Pela, and Gepard. Should I swap someone for a sub-DPS, or is there someone more flexible I can run as main-dps to build around? DPS chars I’m missing are Clara, DHIL, Seele, and JY.
Yanqing should be able to be a good carry. He's actually a very underrated DPS char. Do you just have shitty relics on him? Low trace levels? Most of the "hard" fights in the game don't really require much AOE. But if you're struggling in that department Herta is actually pretty underrated in the AOE department. 4* tend to universally suck as DPS though, outside of the physical chick whose name I forget.
Silverwolf and Pela on the same team seems weird. Isn't SW mostly good for carrying Seele?
SW is usually best used with mono color teams or mono quantum. Especially now that we have Fu Xuan. SW is actually a character I regret not going for now. A lot of people were saying she was kinda mid when her banner was but that she'll get better as the game releases new heroes. I wish I had listened to that advice.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yanqing should be able to be a good carry. He's actually a very underrated DPS char. Do you just have shitty relics on him? Low trace levels? Most of the "hard" fights in the game don't really require much AOE. But if you're struggling in that department Herta is actually pretty underrated in the AOE department. 4* tend to universally suck as DPS though, outside of the physical chick whose name I forget.

SW is usually best used with mono color teams or mono quantum. Especially now that we have Fu Xuan. SW is actually a character I regret not going for now. A lot of people were saying she was kinda mid when her banner was but that she'll get better as the game releases new heroes. I wish I had listened to that advice.
I think it’s mostly the levels in Forgotten Hall/MoC can’t remember which that have like a wave of shit first and then the boss or just anything with multiple waves. He does decent enough damage but it just takes up so much time going one by one. Stuff with just a boss he does fine on, though his relics could certainly be better.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think it’s mostly the levels in Forgotten Hall/MoC can’t remember which that have like a wave of shit first and then the boss or just anything with multiple waves. He does decent enough damage but it just takes up so much time going one by one. Stuff with just a boss he does fine on, though his relics could certainly be better.
I'd try Herta if you have her leveled up at all. But if you have to invest a bunch of EXP and trace materials into her? Probably not worth it as she likely wouldn't be a huge difference over Pela in most content (and is definitely worse against bosses since Pela's debuff is nice).

Outside of that either wait for Ice hoe or invest more time into juicing Yanqing. My Blade is pretty juiced, but I invested a LOT of energy into his relics, got lucky with his light cone, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
If looking for advice I find a useful tool is the hoyolab battle chronicle to let people know where your currently at:
  • Navigate to account center > select "Characters Unlocked" on the right panel (in Star Rail section if you also have Genshin)
  • Select the settings cog at top right and set to show "Battle Chronicle" and "Character Details"
This can let others see your progress on MOC and Swarm Disaster and what characters you used. Can be useful to link if asking others for advice on team comps as it can be highly dependent on what you have and which floor you are currently on.

Few current caveats, Simulated Swarm stats is only the last completed run, I've done Swarm 4 it shows me on Swarm 3 as ive been running the quests for the buffs. Also others can't see your 4 stars in character list so you might want to paste an image of your rosta.

Mine:

I wouldn't recommend having set teams for every floor. I used a slightly different team setup for every one the last 5 floors on my account. The key is to always have weakness breakers or your going to have a hard time brute forcing.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is this even legal? 10 pulls 2, 5* books :>

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_233655_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_233655_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20231002_233712_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_233712_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 21