Honkai Star Rail

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dan is the worst Hunt character, and for dmg vs Wind weakness, Sampo will outperform Dan, I think.

Realized today that my plan to easily get Jing Yuan is flawed. I lost the 50/50 on the Seeley banner in the first 10 pull.... So it could take about 170 pulls before I get Jing to drop, lol.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got Seele on the first 50/50 pity so had ~80 pulls ready to go.

Got Jing Yuan on the first 10 pull. WTF.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm conflicted because I don't really want Jing since I have Seele, but I do really want eidolons for both Tingyun and Sushang. Which means I'm probably gonna get Jing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pulled Jing and Tingyun on my first 10 pull. Pretty happy with that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
74 pulls... four 4* light cones, 2x march, 3x tingyun, sushang. I consider this a win.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question, but are you guys $$$/whaling it or just saving pulls from regular gameplay? I’m up to trailblazer 23 now and only had enough for 30 pulls trying for Seele (no luck, sadly). Curious how much jade you can get with regular play and how many pulls I could save up before the end of this event.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question, but are you guys $$$/whaling it or just saving pulls from regular gameplay? I’m up to trailblazer 23 now and only had enough for 30 pulls trying for Seele (no luck, sadly). Curious how much jade you can get with regular play and how many pulls I could save up before the end of this event.
All I purchased was the monthly pass for $5 or whatever it was. The rest is just earned jade.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I pulled Himeko at 50/50 on seele, then I spent a bit to get seele... Then I thought hey lets get her lightcone, hit himekos light cone at 50/50, so I rage pulled for seeles cone after that lol. Now I'm just saving for Kafka with the 5$ a month pack and premium pass, potentially some pulls for silverwolf. Tbf though, I literally spend no money on anything else except bills and food, don't even eat out at all anymore.

Chris

Potato del Grande
F2P. There's enough special passes via jade for about 150 pulls.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dumb question, but are you guys $$$/whaling it or just saving pulls from regular gameplay?

$20 total on the daily supply pass and the nameless honor battle pass. That equates to like 20 extra pulls over F2P so far. No money spent on direct currency purchases. Playing through the initial content will get you a ton of pulls.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Whats the best way to get the Jades? I've started on the chinese space station world but not done a lot there. Finish MSQ or sidestuff for Jades?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Whats the best way to get the Jades? I've started on the chinese space station world but not done a lot there. Finish MSQ or sidestuff for Jades?
Lots of jades from the hexanus puzzles, beat them all and they respawn.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If I already have Serval, is there much reason to pull on this char banner? Her and Jing basically share the same niche, no (erudition lightning)? Other than being a 5*, obviously.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imo pull for characters you like/want their kit/have 4* rates up you want, otherwise 4*s are good enough to clear everything. Like in Genshin for example, some of the 4*s that were in at release are still top tier units, and even the "worst" units can still clear everything with investment in gear and team synergy.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If I already have Serval, is there much reason to pull on this char banner? Her and Jing basically share the same niche, no (erudition lightning)? Other than being a 5*, obviously.
Jing is basically just a suped up version of Serval. If you already have her kitted out with solid relics, leveled up, good light cone, etc.? Yeah, Jing really doesn't fill a niche she doesn't cover. He does provide way better AOE than she does with his Lightning Lord schtick, but I'd say they perform pretty similar against bosses. His lightning lord thing does provide a shitload of weakness break though. So, he's a massive upgrade against lightning weakness for that alone.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm done. I like the game but the Gacha part is starting to make me feel the FOMO. The Daily routine to chase Jade for summoning "Limited Characters" and to resist the urge to spend money for pulls. Started feeling stressed I won't get the new banner guy.

I'm usally a small dolphin in these games but even if I havent spent much during Ark Knights and Epic 7 I still feel I wasted too much on Gacha. Still have not spent anything in Star rail but I feel the itch to do it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm done. I like the game but the Gacha part is starting to make me feel the FOMO. The Daily routine to chase Jade for summoning "Limited Characters" and to resist the urge to spend money for pulls. Started feeling stressed I won't get the new banner guy.

I'm usally a small dolphin in these games but even if I havent spent much during Ark Knights and Epic 7 I still feel I wasted too much on Gacha. Still have not spent anything in Star rail but I feel the itch to do it.
Everyone has to know their limits and if FOMO is getting the better of you, Gacha preys heavily on the same psychological aspects that gambling does. So, I get it if you want to check out.

That said, without spending money or lottery level luck, you're NEVER going to be able to obtain all the "latest and greatest" 5*. Just save up jade, pull what you have when a new banner comes out and if you hit it, awesome. If not, start saving for the next banner. The entirely of the game's content outside of maybe MoC (because you need two teams and thus two healers or Gepard) can be done with basically the starter characters. Serval and Jing are almost the same fucking character, outside of aesthetics. Sure, Jing has some better weakness break and does perform better in AOE situations, but bosses are where all the "challenging" content is currently and Serval performs almost just as well as he does against them.

TLDR: I wouldn't really worry about it. Plenty of 4* are fantastic units and the far more important thing is filling out teams of "elements" with proper relics, light cones, levels, etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande

You don't need the banner characters and you are guaranteed 3-4 5* characters from the free pulls (including 1 banner character), make teams from what you get.

If you beat all of the content you will have Seele or Jing right now, if you just started you will have Jing if you really want him within 2 weeks.

The game guarentees a 5* after 70 pulls and it's 50/50 for the banner character, if you fail you'll get the character guaranteed next time and it carries over between banners. There's enough F2P currency for 140 pulls.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
I think Luocha coming up in like six weeks might be the only one you "need" to pull.. just because he's a a healer. But if you got lucky and go lt Gepard or Bailu you can even skip that. They are pretty good at getting people to spend though lol cuz right after Luocha is probably Kafka and Blade.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Luocha coming up in like six weeks might be the only one you "need" to pull.. just because he's a a healer. But if you got lucky and go lt Gepard or Bailu you can even skip that. They are pretty good at getting people to spend though lol cuz right after Luocha is probably Kafka and Blade.

I saw people saying Luocha is really OP but they might rework him before he comes out so we'll see. Compared to Genshin, the male characters in this are pretty cool. I normally play gacha games to collect the cute anime girls (my main gacha for the last few years is Azur Lane, the best F2P gacha), but I'm happy with my Welt, and might pull for Blade and IL Dan.