Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
HFW had really good graphics, combat, itemization, and the story structure of the midgame is really good. But the actual overarching plot ended up quite dumb, the ending was anticlimactic as fuck.

If you own a PS5, a high end TV and like shooting robot dinos with various weapons various bows because all the non-bows suck, it's definitely good, just ignore most of the pointless quests. If you're a poor and have a PS4 then not so much.

FTFY.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh the javelins are the best weapons in the sequel, and the bomb slingshot things are really good against certain types of enemies.

There's a reason it lets you put 6 weapons on the wheel this time, so you can have 3 different bows and then 3 other weapons.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Uh the javelins are the best weapons in the sequel, and the bomb slingshot things are really good against certain types of enemies.

There's a reason it lets you put 6 weapons on the wheel this time, so you can have 3 different bows and then 3 other weapons.

hy·per·bo·le
[hīˈpərbəlē]

NOUN
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally:
    "he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I really like the sticky bombs .. funny watching a Slaughterspine or Shellsnapper fight it's way out of them..

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really like the sticky bombs .. funny watching a Slaughterspine or Shellsnapper fight it's way out of them..
Yeah, the Shellsnapper is definitely the creature that gave me the most trouble at the point at which you first start encoutering them, then again when Apex Shellsnappers randomly started showing up on the two harder difficulties.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My biggest issue with the Shellsnappers.. the bolt points you need to pop off have a really weird hitbox.. other then that I really didn't have any issues with them.

Had more issues with the Tideripper really, but it seems with the recent patch they fixed the Tiderippers big bug.. it would constantly use the water hose attack even if the launcher was broke. You had too blow it off for him too stop using it. Made it a real pain too get the last few pieces I needed off him.

spronk

FPS noob
if you loved this game for some reason the collectors edition is 50% off at amazon, best buy, target, etc. it comes with a DIGITAL copy of the game, be aware

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so i started off playing zero dawn only b/c i bought the ps5 w/ forbidden west. zero dawn came w/ the dlc and i played the dlc at the appropriate lvl30 and that made me feel way too op, like after i beat the dlc it was easy mode.

forbidden west is also just as fun and better of course, i'm trying to do more quests and lay off the main quest, imo way too much platforming but at least they have the quality of life stuff like showing where all the grab points are.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
so i started off playing zero dawn only b/c i bought the ps5 w/ forbidden west. zero dawn came w/ the dlc and i played the dlc at the appropriate lvl30 and that made me feel way too op, like after i beat the dlc it was easy mode.

forbidden west is also just as fun and better of course, i'm trying to do more quests and lay off the main quest, imo way too much platforming but at least they have the quality of life stuff like showing where all the grab points are.

This is the wrong game to be doing all the side content in. Unless you have a fetish for DEI garbage.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can't wait for the mod to make her look like her actress when this hits Steam.

• 1Worf

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
PS store has PS4 to PS5 upgrade for free until 11/28 if anyone cares. I did cuz' I just finally sourced a PS5.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
put off finishing the game to do some weapon upgrades, wow boss fight was anti climatic, a fucking frostbear is more deadly.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great looking game only hampered by the fact the plot is utterly disappointing.

Just played this through and had that anti-climatic fight that was mentioned already and then had the, "Oh, I just played a trailer leading up to the actual game with the real enemy!" realisation.

spronk

FPS noob
the story dlc is out soon but who gives a fuck honestly, it would have to be free for me to play

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users