Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously, what is this shit? Maloy?
View attachment 379676
Their art direction on this character is trash. I might have to pass on it altogether. I'd rather not spend 40 hours with... that.
source
Idk, he doesn’t look too bad. Hair’s a little long but braves did that back in the day.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
She looks like a tubby teenaged boy.

F8CED1B7-2E54-47C9-AC59-F6AC4ACD442C.jpeg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Them making her face look so different is making me reconsider buying the game. It makes her look like she still has baby fat in her 20s in a world where people still worry about food. Just the worst kind of retcon just to make her look 'normal'and not 'too hot.'

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I take solace that Elden Ring is going to release 3 days after this. It will eat into their sales. It's pretty dumb to ugly her up.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Them making her face look so different is making me reconsider buying the game. It makes her look like she still has baby fat in her 20s in a world where people still worry about food. Just the worst kind of retcon just to make her look 'normal'and not 'too hot.'
Exactly my thought. I dont really care? But its just the point of it. Totally takes away from the story just because they want to be inclusive of fat women (average women?) as if men are ever portrayed that way outside of the alcoholic fat buddha. I honestly wouldnt mind playing the broad shouldered huge monstering fat guy with a huge axe fully clad in plate. That HUGE guy from the Joan of Arc movie comes to mind and he's just awesome as fuck, regardless of how dumb he may be/appear. Just one of those situations you wish they would just let you design your own character instead of the developer deciding what your character looks like, I guess.

Like Araxen said, Elden Ring is going to steal me away from this regardless. Really poor decision on the release date. I'm already planning on playing that, and havent ever cared about playing this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Exactly my thought. I dont really care? But its just the point of it. Totally takes away from the story just because they want to be inclusive of fat women (average women?) as if men are ever portrayed that way outside of the alcoholic fat buddha.
To be fair, Erend is a fat neckbeard.

Daidraco

To be fair, Erend is a fat neckbeard.
You have a point. But to give you a rebuttal, he's not exactly the main character is he? We have plenty of games where the attributing NPC's arent exactly saving the world. But maybe that is your point, in that they do exist. (I had forgotten who that was and had to look him up so I provided context. But even in this shot, doesnt the main character look fit enough to do the acrobatic wonderman shit that she does?)

tumblr_p7be8mTENb1qcctloo1_540.jpg

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
He was a whiny drunk loser who somehow got seniority and control of the king's guard because I assume nepotism.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Really poor decision on the release date. I'm already planning on playing that, and havent ever cared about playing this.

Well Elden Ring was supposed to come out in January wasn't it? Was Horizon pushed back as well? I'm guessing the Horizon devs were quite upset at Elden Rings release date. Even though Horizon might be a "big" release, it's a tiny blip compared to Elden Ring in terms of hype. Don't really think Elden Ring has a competitor in that regard. Any game releasing close to it would be impacted in terms of sales and things like twitch/youtube streaming. As to why Horizon didn't push back even further I assume is due to the whole "must release within X fiscal year" and having a month until that ends for sales.

Think it was TB or something that talked about that years ago (I hadn't thought about it before) that if a game gets pushed back from dec - feb it doesn't really need to mean much, probably just polishing the game, but if it is pushed back beyond April it could mean major problems due to the financial implications of a studio pushing the game outside an intended fiscal year.

spronk

FPS noob
1 month to release and a dev/QA build has apparently leaked that runs on jailbroken PS4s

• 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1 month to release and a dev/QA build has apparently leaked that runs on jailbroken PS4s

Supposedly Aloy's personality match her looks now.

• 1Barf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is a screen grab from a cutscene in the original:

1642002719379.png

Aloy has always had a fat face from certain angles/under certain lighting.

Fat-face Aloy is not a new phenomenon.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is a screen grab from a cutscene in the original:

View attachment 392577

Aloy has always had a fat face from certain angles/under certain lighting.

Fat-face Aloy is not a new phenomenon.

Stop being disingenuous because this is the sequel to your favorite game of all time. Her face may be fat but the new one is ROUND fat like a person that eats too much fat. Like that Avacado guy on Youtube that clearly should be thin if he wasn't eating enough for 10 people. I hate that I know who that is.

Above she looks like she has chubby cheeks and no definitive jaw line; in the new one her face and body don't match and it is off-putting to people because it doesn't look like a real human being would look since we would expect her to be out of shape.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Fatter-face Aloy is new though.
Pretty much. I dont recall ever thinking she had a fat face in the original and my immediate thought for the new one, without anyone saying anything or reading anything about it, is that she found all episodes of The View on a computer and binged them while eating millenia old Twinkies.
Just using my random picture from above in comparison -
Random Pic.jpg
vs
Random Pic 2.jpg

If you cant see the difference - you're fooling yourself. Game is probably fine and will hopefully be just as good as the original. But them killing ol' girl one cheese burger at a time isnt helping the franchise.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Will hold judgement until I play. I also remember a bad voice acted side quest for Horizon Zero Dawn making it out before launch and everyone saying how the game was going to suck as a result. Stupid is, stupid does.