Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much. I dont recall ever thinking she had a fat face in the original and my immediate thought for the new one, without anyone saying anything or reading anything about it, is that she found all episodes of The View on a computer and binged them while eating millenia old Twinkies.
Just using my random picture from above in comparison -
View attachment 392587 vs View attachment 392588

If you cant see the difference - you're fooling yourself. Game is probably fine and will hopefully be just as good as the original. But them killing ol' girl one cheese burger at a time isnt helping the franchise.
I just showed you a screenshot from the original game. Her face looks fatter in that than either of the pics you posted.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Will hold judgement until I play. I also remember a bad voice acted side quest for Horizon Zero Dawn
All of the Meridian side quests have really bad acting in the original base game, even Aloy's voice acting is really bad. I bet they made all of that content first, and then made the ending main questline afterwards, and then made the beginning part with Rost last.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
All of the Meridian side quests have really bad acting in the original base game, even Aloy's voice acting is really bad. I bet they made all of that content first, and then made the ending main questline afterwards, and then made the beginning part with Rost last.
I don't think I've criticized any voice acting since experiencing TyrionBot in Destiny.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This is a screen grab from a cutscene in the original:

View attachment 392577

Aloy has always had a fat face from certain angles/under certain lighting.

Fat-face Aloy is not a new phenomenon.

Her looking like the burger queen in bad shots doesn't mean burger queen face has to become the standard.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just showed you a screenshot from the original game. Her face looks fatter in that than either of the pics you posted.
Yes, I read what you said. I can show you unflattering angles on a models ass, too. Thats why I chose two angles which were not from unflattering angles, unlike yours which is just a "there, i win" scenario. They even fucked up the bridge of her nose to make it more .. well, piggish.

I'll play this sometime after Im done with Elden Ring and Im sure there will be an unofficial mod out that can make her look like Slender man for all I care. I just find their choice of making her into an Irish potato to be stupid.

• 1Like

Malakriss

2nd game will end up having even more mods when it comes out on Steam, but the first mod everyone will install is more inventory and the second will fix her looks.

• 1Truth!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I started my NG+ of the first one and I'm probably going to hold off until this comes out on PC even though the first one is one of my favorite games of all time. Bow work sucks balls with a PS controller. I'd rather wait for m/kb to show off my true bow badassery.

• 1Slow
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I started my NG+ of the first one and I'm probably going to hold off until this comes out on PC even though the first one is one of my favorite games of all time. Bow work sucks balls with a PS controller. I'd rather wait for m/kb to show off my true bow badassery.
haha, got my Ps5 last night from UPS and loaded up the first one immediately. So far controller isn't too bad but I wish I was on m/kb. My kids + wife like to watch me play so doing it on the console in the living room is how this one is going to go. I've never beaten the game though so trying to push through on this one. Told the wife to not let me get bogged down for hours trying to beat a single random machine out in the wild, and just force me to run past it and continue the story/quests.

Daidraco

haha, got my Ps5 last night from UPS and loaded up the first one immediately. So far controller isn't too bad but I wish I was on m/kb. My kids + wife like to watch me play so doing it on the console in the living room is how this one is going to go. I've never beaten the game though so trying to push through on this one. Told the wife to not let me get bogged down for hours trying to beat a single random machine out in the wild, and just force me to run past it and continue the story/quests.
I enjoyed trying to piece together parts of the lore, so I wouldnt skip it. Also, I know you dont like Dark Souls - but once you know how to beat something in Horizons, anytime you encounter it later - they die rather quickly. Lastly, I did a wireless kb/mouse on my PS4 in the living room and that worked really well. Havent done it on the PS5 but I doubt anything has changed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Kinda hoping they throw a bone to people who played the first one on PC and add native Mouse + Keyboard support to Forbidden West. It's definitely possible, since COD Borezone has it, but I'm not sure it's even a feature that's on their radar.

Crone

Huh I forgot about mouse and keyboard on console. It worked well for ffxiv, so that’d be cool if it works for Horizon.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Huh I forgot about mouse and keyboard on console. It worked well for ffxiv, so that’d be cool if it works for Horizon.
I never tried it while playing Horizons, but ya - my g/f played ffxiv on the PS4 getting started that way while I played on the PC. Worth a try just to see.

• 1Like

Crone

I never tried it while playing Horizons, but ya - my g/f played ffxiv on the PS4 getting started that way while I played on the PC. Worth a try just to see.
And you’re right. Some of the big machines in Horizon felt like Dark Souls fights, but I could just be a big bad. A lot of times I’d spend a couple hours figuring out a fight, and then I’d of made no progress since all the machines respawn, and repeat that a few play sessions and I was burned out. At least in Dark Souls once you won you won and moved on.

That’s why this time I’m asking the wife to keep me on task so I can not repeat my previous failures.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Good stuff - so much content coming in the next 8 weeks it's insane. This, Elden Ring, Lost Ark.... Stoked to jump back into the world they've built here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The first one is my favorite game of all time…so excited for this.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Good stuff - so much content coming in the next 8 weeks it's insane. This, Elden Ring, Lost Ark.... Stoked to jump back into the world they've built here.
I really hope the story and lore is as good or better than the first one.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Who is this? I don't think I've seen this character in the gameplay videos.

1642607833139.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users