Horizon: Zero Dawn

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You can now pre-load Frozen Wilds(8.5gb update) seems to be releasing Tomorrow at midnight EST

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I tried finishing off the few quests I had left undone at the end of my first playthrough and found I need some practice to get back into the groove. I am also only talking about reasonably doable quests like clearing the last corrupted zone. Fuck the hunter trials bullshit, I aint got time for that sort of grief.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I tried finishing off the few quests I had left undone at the end of my first playthrough and found I need some practice to get back into the groove. I am also only talking about reasonably doable quests like clearing the last corrupted zone. Fuck the hunter trials bullshit, I aint got time for that sort of grief.

I gave no fucks about those hunter trials and skipped them all.

I wish there was a "Nuke molebots from orbit" ability.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think there's only 2 hunter trials that took me more than 2 tries to get "gold" or whatever on. I didn't do them until I had all the Shadow weapons which is pretty crucial though. The only ones that super sucked were the kill-the-stealth-beasts one and the kill X robots that are frozen because I swear the freezing was glitchy as hell and only counted half the time. Almost all the trials have a simple way to cheese them and breeze through. The rewards aren't exactly amazing though.

• 1Smuggly

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea the hunter trials are almost counter-intuitive. Super easy when you have the shadow weapons, so the upgrades you get are really closer to sidegrades. Pretty painful if you're doing them undergeared.

The freezing trial is much easier if you fit a sling (even the blue one) with as much +freeze mods as you can then run around trying to group the striders up by running around and aggroing. It's still a bit luck based but when the sling can freeze in one or two hits it goes from seeming impossible to being fairly easy.

For the stealth one I just jumped down the middle rope that drops you almost straight down near the first stalker, set up 6-7 blast wires then ran over to the other stalker and set up 1 or 2 wires then laid into him with tearblast arrows to remove his components and lure him into the wires. The stalker near the drop point aggros and tries to run over and gets insta killed by the wires if set up right and then you just need to finish the weakened stalker (which hopefully has no components left) with a blast sling or something like that.

Honestly the hardest one for me was the container gathering one because I needed to get all the stealth talents and the stealth armor with stealth mods before I could run to the containers before the damn shellwalkers picked them up.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
haha yea I had nearly maxed Stealth armor / mods with all the stealth skills when I got to the container one so I figured out that just "quiet running" to ninja loot them was the way to go. I was never great at putting trip wires in the right places

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I only got this a couple of weeks ago and only just got to Meridian in the storyline. It's an amazing game for sure. I think Zelda is still probably better but it's a rough comparison.

I'm pretty damn bad at this game, i have to say. There are times when I am able to pull off amazing stealth kills, mostly of the time it's pure luck though. I need to get better and find a way to kill shit other than unloading 50 fire arrows into it. Love the game though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I wondered how they were going to incorporate this new area into the bigger story, but they seem to have done so in a very cool way. Even though you can play this area as part of normal progression on a new game, it definitely has appeal as post-endgame content. Especially fun is how it deals with your Uber armor in a smart game balancing way.

Khane

Would like to know as well. I'm holding off for now until reports are in on how many hours of gameplay it adds.

Also, can you play the new area in NG+ straight away?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Can play new area in NG+ easily if you want, it adds about 12-14hours total.

Frostclaw/Fireclaws are fucking crazy HP sponges(I have figured out how too cheese Frostclaws, but Fireclaws seem to have a bug(or it's a design decision) were Freezing effects don't last long enough too really do any major damage)

Daemonic strength of the machines increased armor values, and increased resistance to electrical attacks.(you can still pop sparkers too get the effects)

The Tallneck for the area is fun(very different vs the other tallnecks), hunting grounds are pretty interesting, but the Control trial is on the scale of "Critical Strike" tied down glinthawks frustration.

There seems to be some kind of spawn problems with the new machines, you learn the override codes after finishing the main part of the DLC but I've only found 1 Fireclaw (Daemonic makes overriding impossible), Scorchers are interesting, basically upgraded Ravagers, with a mine launcher.

Overall it's a very well done DLC, answers some questions but at the same time leaves a bunch of unanswered quesntions. And it's very interesting seeing what they did with Yellowstone, I use too spend a bunch of time there every summer(my dad was an outdoor nut)

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I played this a bit over the week and I'm pretty disappointed that the fighting in the game still feels slippery as fuck. I liked the aesthetic of the game, and especially the newer areas (which I jumped in at a pretty low level because I wanted some extra challenge). I'm not finding it too hard so far, but the combat system just feels kinda bad. I really think they should have refined it a little bit more.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Relevant.

9CCi_1gW9Ywtg7i__uayKZFQqy6AsJN8SN6QbNFp6bk.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I found the new weapons and such that comes with the expansion to be quite fun, especially when you are tasked with going back to the old lands and taking out a few big things to upgrade your new shit.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya, the flame thrower is fun, I haven't used the Icelance much yet guess I should farm up more mods my element sling too OP

Khane

I'm about 2 hours in, just got the stormlance... really not sure if I'm gonna be able to finish this. Seems like more of the same except this time around the machines never stop attacking. They seriously never stop. They just attack and attack and attack with basically no rest in between. I find it very, very annoying. I am playing on Ultra Hard but it's just kinda... meh for me. The funny thing is the new bear mobs are easier than the packs of small shit now. The new mobs have fairly big vulnerable areas that are pretty much always exposed. It makes it pretty easy to just nuke them down with damage arrows. Whereas packs of scrappers are a goddamn nightmare to deal with because they never relent and you can't even retreat and regroup in many cases. They stick to you like glue.

I'll try to keep on keeping on for a bit more but not very impressed or enthused with the DLC so far.