Horizon: Zero Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
HZD was easily my game of the year, not only for the initial playthrough, but the consistent updates of quality of life changes and new content even before the expansion. They did everything right.
My GOTY because they had a strong female lead and didn't feel the need to ram her woman-power she-cock down my throat.

That alone deserves a damn award.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man this game is ridiculously good, i'm kinda sad i didn't play it before.

Now i wish i bought a ps4 pro and a 4k tv lol

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
i think i'm near the end of the main storyline, is it better to finish it then go play the DLC or do the DLC before i finish the game?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
i think i'm near the end of the main storyline, is it better to finish it then go play the DLC or do the DLC before i finish the game?

The DLC is pretty much a separate story all together.(Like I said earlier there is some dialogue that pops up but it's pretty much filler.)

and beating the game, puts you right before starting the final mission.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Aloy is how female leads should be. If you don't like the character you are full of shit, she is strong and murders dudes, has great dialogue doing it, and the choices the character makes all make sense. I'm very excited to see at least the announcement trailer for the sequel coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Aloy is how female leads should be. If you don't like the character you are full of shit, she is strong and murders dudes, has great dialogue doing it, and the choices the character makes all make sense. I'm very excited to see at least the announcement trailer for the sequel coming up.

She could be hotter

• 3Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like how they recreated Red Rocks by Red Echoes. It's almost exactly the same.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
Picked this up this weekend. Haven't been this hooked on a console RPG in years.

• 3Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How's the DLC for this? Worth it? I really enjoyed the game, but it now being several months later, I don't really remember it very much. I guess it didn't make a major impression beyond how amazing it looked.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
How's the DLC for this? Worth it? I really enjoyed the game, but it now being several months later, I don't really remember it very much. I guess it didn't make a major impression beyond how amazing it looked.

DLC is worth it, has a bunch of story on the Banuk(and some on Sylens if you do it right)the new machines are great. The new bows/weapons you can get are really OP(the compound bows you get there are awesome).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Eonan

Doer of Things
Will I be able to buy a new spear/melee weapon at any point? Keep seeing all these upgrades for the various other weapons and keep being disappointed at no upgrades to the melee option.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Will I be able to buy a new spear/melee weapon at any point? Keep seeing all these upgrades for the various other weapons and keep being disappointed at no upgrades to the melee option.

If you get the DLC there is a quest that unlocks upgrade slots for your spear.

Otherwise there is a single upgrade to it near the end of the main quest line.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been wondering about that. Sounds like I should head to the DLC area. Been ignoring it for the main quest line. Except I feel I've abandoned that for Hunting Grounds and Cauldrons and other side quest shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I only got about 5-6 hours into the DLC. Didn't like how the new machines changed combat on Ultra Hard. They never stop attacking or regroup which means you're basically forced to use the ropecaster which I don't find to be very fun. I got to the cauldrun and gave up because in tight quarters it's really annoying.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The DLC, though placed storywise towards the middle, was clearly aimed at people who had finished the game. I did not need to use Ropecasters, but I had access to all manners of extra utility that a person would not have at that point in the game.

I did notice that Ice damage was super keen neato useful against those Utah freaks though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The DLC, though placed storywise towards the middle, was clearly aimed at people who had finished the game. I did not need to use Ropecasters, but I had access to all manners of extra utility that a person would not have at that point in the game.

I did notice that Ice damage was super keen neato useful against those Utah freaks though.

I was through the game and an entire NG+ playthrough. On Ultra Hard the mobs just never stop moving, and while you don't NEED the ropecaster it's entirely too frustrating an experience without it because of how fast and aggressive the new machines are. Basically I just didn't care for the new machine AI and how it changed the way I feel I had to play the game to progress (ropecaster or setting up a million tripwires before every battle)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like setting up a million tripwires. Kill shit before the fight even starts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just bought this game and playing it through for the first time, I got the base version not the anniversary edition.

Question for you guys - spent a ton of time in the first zone just hunting for the artifacts, metal flowers and observation points.

If I ignore all that from now on and just do the main story line and the sidequests, how much am I missing out on?