Horizon: Zero Dawn

Ladro

Anomaly
Bought a new TV for my office to play my consoles on and loaded this up first thing to see what all the 4K HDR raving was about. Holy shit, was I missing out, the game looks unbelievable! Got to play some of the DLC, all of the lighting looks unreal.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The 4k resolution made this game and others look so good its made alot of my PC games look like shit, I need to get a 4k monitor now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
The 4k resolution made this game and others look so good its made alot of my PC games look like shit, I need to get a 4k monitor now.

Honestly I don't think it's the resolution that makes the difference. HDR is a tremendous upgrade in graphics and impact. I've had a 4k PC monitor for quite a while and while it definitely looks great, it doesn't really compare to the changes I see with lighting from HDR. 4k HDR PC monitors aren't out yet but coming next year, if you're going to get one I'd wait until then.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
4k vs 1080p is indistinguishable from a distance, lines only get so crisp. HDR is always noticeable.

• 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Got a new 4K hdr tv to compliment my ps4pro. This game looks amazing in hdr.

The expansion is not as gripping as the first time game experience was.

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The coveted receiver of exactly zero awards at the game awards 2017.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My opinion on the game is indifference, I enjoyed it, but not enough to finish it. That being said, game awards are nonsense. Every game has a game of the year edition so that title doesn't mean anything about quality

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
He’s just trolling. Verdict was clear here with this community. We also know better than game award shills. :) Also, I think it’s hilarious that HZD, a brand new IP and fantastic one at that, is neck and neck with Zelda in sales which has been around forever and very popular with everyone.

Awesome work

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
My opinion on the game is indifference, I enjoyed it, but not enough to finish it. That being said, game awards are nonsense. Every game has a game of the year edition so that title doesn't mean anything about quality

It was in bad categories to be honest. It didn't deserve to win in any categories it was in and there wasn't any categories where it would fit in.

it probably deserved best action game over Wolfenstein II.

• 4Picard

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. I’ve still got the last two quests to do to finish the story and haven’t touched frozen wilds obviously, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Zelda. Still, probably my second favorite game of the year. Not saying much as I don’t get to play too much anymore.

• 5Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Playing this on my home theater, 120" Sony 4K HDR Projector on a black diamond zero edge screen.

It's a speechless experience, really. Absolutely breathtaking.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Finished up the main DLC story, was more of the same really but I did enjoy it. Game looks fucking amazing though, which is probably more my new set than anything but especially the snow and the related physics. Very impressed technically.

Haven't finished up the side quests or any of the collectables yet, but getting to it. Sad this is all we get until 2.0.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I finished the main story. Pretty fucking baller ass game, I really liked the last mission. I had hoped for more stuff like that. Haven't touched Frozen Wilds yet, I actually never played The Last of Us so I'm catching up on that first. I think the gear system needs work, tbh. I like the idea of having different weapons with utility, but I didn't find the customization to have a huge impact on gameplay. Maybe in NG+ or something, idk. All that armor I bought, only to have lolautowin armor just replace it all at the end. Which is fine. I love the areas, enemies, and tribes though. A lot of possibilities here.

• 2Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I just replayed this all the way thru, and Frozen Wilds add's extra dialogue between Aloy and Sylens(when at different project zones, the actual Zero Dawn area has a TON of dialogue)

Gearing play's more into Ultra Hard difficulty(Shieldweaver is literally only a extra hit, as everything just destroys the shield part of it, Fireclaws can 1 hit kill you on Ultra Hard)

Can't wait for 2, and whatever "Module" we are fighting next
Seems they are ramping up for Hephaestus in 2

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
HZD was easily my game of the year, not only for the initial playthrough, but the consistent updates of quality of life changes and new content even before the expansion. They did everything right.

• 4Solidarity