Horizon: Zero Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I found if you paid attention to their weaknesses that even the big mechs went down hard. It was super satisfying.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well shit, I have a back log of Monster Hunter World, RDR2 and Jedi Fallen Order and after reading this all I want to do is go start this back up. I fucking loved this game, it was one of only 2 other games I've gotten to platinum. The story was original and the gameplay was top notch! It goes down as one of my top 3 games of all time!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally decided to continue with my New Game+ instead of starting a new game. While I miss the sense of progression that comes with a new game, I think it's going to be more interesting having all the cool skill for the entirety of the game and not just for the last few hours. I also remember collecting the skin and bones to expand all the different pouches and stuff was a bit annoying, and killing the wildlife isn't the most exciting aspect of the game.

I'm about 5 hours or so in right now, and I had almost forgotten just how much I loved the combat in this game. It does such a great job of rewarding for being prepared, more so than just about any games. Using the right weapon, the right damage type, against the right weak points is just so satisfying.

And the game is just so damn beautiful, everything is screenshot worthy. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Me right now

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now @Dom has all the motivation he needs to get one of the new LG G-sync panels, to play this bad boy on!! DO it!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Monitor? I ordered the 27gl850 the other day. Will get here on Thursday

I have this(well it's the LG 27GL83-A but it's basically the same panel) and it's indeed pretty awesome.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
For anyone dealing with getting back into the combat.

I remember the two things that really made combat against the robots easier was the perk-talent-power-skill that slowed time while aiming after a jump.

Basically combat became a lot of hop-shots targeting canisters and other weak points after that.

The other thing was having a good source of cold damage. My favorite was the slingshot that launched elemental bombs with increased cold damage mods. Freezing a bot completely and then nailing it with a maxed out hard point arrow in its weak spots would kill just about anything in one or two hits.

But if you want to practice just use your basic starter bow with no mods and plink the shit out of an enemy. It will force you to hit weak points and components and dodge a gazillion times. Do that a few times then go back to your power shot 6000 and everything will feel way easier.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For anyone dealing with getting back into the combat.

I remember the two things that really made combat against the robots easier was the perk-talent-power-skill that slowed time while aiming after a jump.

Basically combat became a lot of hop-shots targeting canisters and other weak points after that.

The other thing was having a good source of cold damage. My favorite was the slingshot that launched elemental bombs with increased cold damage mods. Freezing a bot completely and then nailing it with a maxed out hard point arrow in its weak spots would kill just about anything in one or two hits.

But if you want to practice just use your basic starter bow with no mods and plink the shit out of an enemy. It will force you to hit weak points and components and dodge a gazillion times. Do that a few times then go back to your power shot 6000 and everything will feel way easier.
2 hits? Wtf? My one bow that uses precision arrows hits for 75, crit shots for 150. Is that normal? My then weak bow hits for 15, crits for 30.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
2 hits? Wtf? My one bow that uses precision arrows hits for 75, crit shots for 150. Is that normal? My then weak bow hits for 15, crits for 30.
I had to fire up the game to double check.

You have to fully freeze an enemy, which gets harder as the difficulty level increases since they nerf your elemental output on weapons quite a bit. When going from very hard to ultra hard my weapons freeze rating was cut in half, 112 freeze in VH, 60 in UH.

But if you max out a single weapon with freeze mods it's not terrible.

Then you need to mod for max damage on a hunter bow. (106 damage hardpoint arrow in UH) Fully draw a hard point arrow and hit a weak point on said frozen enemy.

It will crit and do huge damage, like 800- 1000+ even on UH difficulty. If you are quick you can kill just about anything within the span of a single freeze timer.

The largest enemies on Ultra hard may take more than two shots this way but not much more than 4 to 6.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I think Aloy is the first cartoon to shiver me timbers since Rebecca Cunningham on Tale Spin.

4352172-clipbec1.gif

Shit, and Nala. Mystico Mystico get in here you dirty bastard.

Profile_-_Nala.jpg

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users