Horizon: Zero Dawn

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Uh, is a pressure washer not part of your precoital rituals? Do you know how filthy people are?

Only when the local fountain isn't an option

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It’s hard to progress in this game when you stop to kill every single thing you see just because it’s fun. :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I completed the eastern part of the map, and went and did the Frozen Wilds so I could get the new Adept version of the weapons and armor. I completed the DLC last night, new weapons are pretty nice, it's just 1 extra modification slot but it's actually pretty noticeable. I still need to kill a few Fireclaws to get a lens for 1 last armor.

The new monsters in Frozen Wilds are so annoying, they all charge or attack extremely fast, it's hard to just actually charge your bow shot for max damage without being interrupted. It's not so much that they are harder, just a bit frustrating to fight.

Now, I'll be going back to the original game in the best gear in the game. It should be pretty easy I think. I usually play games on normal, and sometimes on easy mode since I'm an old man. I originally played this on normal and had a good time with what I thought was decent difficulty for me. When starting the new game+, I started on hard since I had all the gear and skills already, I was a bit worried that it might get too tough later on but it's been easy so far, actually easier than originally on normal to be honest. The only times I have died so far have been due to gravity and landing damage. :)

I said before that this was the best game of this generation for me(PS4 only since I don't own the other system). Replaying it has only reinforced my opinion that it is, the gameplay, setting, and story are just amazing, and the game looks so good. It's just a joy to wander about.

I'm surprised that 3 years later, we still haven't heard about a sequel yet. I'm starting to think they'll announced it as PS5 exclusive, hopefully as a launch title because I want more.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nothing was a challenge on any difficulty less than Very Hard in the first playthrough, so I'd assume that Ultra Hard is a must for NG+.

Pretty sure they have to be working on a sequel. Guerrilla has nothing else announced but has a ton of employees/recent growth and just moved into a new office, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ugh. I hate shit like that. Lets re-re-re-re-re-release the same game for years!

Thanks Skyrim!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Considering the PS4 pro can already get 4k at 30fps that will be the standard in the next generation.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain Guerilla Games just moved to a new studio they built specifically for #2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m going around cleaning up things I passed over like cups, metal flowers, corrupted zones and man the load times are so long. It’s not that bad when you get one once in a while but when fast traveling from campfire to campfire it really drags.

Another thing that sucks is hunting animals. I have spent so much time killing these damn things and still haven’t maxed half the carry pouches. Scanning to find them is what annoys me, not so much chasing them down and shooting them. Hate spinning my screen while scanning constantly.

My wishlist for ps5 sequel is 1 second load times, a tracking skill that can toggle on that shows animals at all times like you have your sensor on, and fix derpy facial animations. It was funny seeing the police chief from the Wire all derp faced on top of that sckyscraper.

It sounds like I’m bitching but those are really my only complaints, everything else is fun, killer graphics, good story so far, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Another thing that sucks is hunting animals. I have spent so much time killing these damn things and still haven’t maxed half the carry pouches. Scanning to find them is what annoys me, not so much chasing them down and shooting them. Hate spinning my screen while scanning constantly.

100% with you on this, I'm on my second play through and when I had to decided between the new game+ and starting a new regular game, having to hunt down animals for the pouches is what tipped the balance to new game+, I didn't want to go that again.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
100% with you on this, I'm on my second play through and when I had to decided between the new game+ and starting a new regular game, having to hunt down animals for the pouches is what tipped the balance to new game+, I didn't want to go that again.

Im pretty close to searching for the best guides on goose hunting. That’s stupid.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Considering the PS4 pro can already get 4k at 30fps that will be the standard in the next generation.
Current "4K" (checkerboard) 30 is half-assed at best with a huge amount of room for improvement. Even the handful of games that are actual 2160p have to make big sacrifices in image quality and often have framedrops to the mid-20's to get there. Just based on the current state of PC gaming, 4K60 will be well out of reach for the next gen in most games. I suspect that games which demand 60 fps (stuff like Nioh, DMC V, etc.) will hit the mark but they will do so by continuing to use checkerboard. Everything else will be 4K30, but on the bright side it should at least be all real 4K and fps locked to 30 at all times. At least I hope they have the sense to not try to hit 60 and fail miserably at it so that the game's unlocked fps fluctuates from 30-50 constantly. As long as TVs and consoles don't have Freesync 2 that would be the worst possible decision.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ah fuck...

This is my favorite game of this generation, and I love Aloy. I also happen to be a statue collector, and now Prime 1 a statue company has announced this...

Aloy vs Stalker.jpg

Aloy.jpg

Stalker.jpg

No price yet, but Prime 1 statues are usually pretty expensive, above what I'm willing to pay but damn this looks amazing. I'm fucked. :)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users