Horizon: Zero Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks great!

INB4 cultural appropriation outrage since they chose an outfit most closely resembling Indian garb.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Those statues are really well done. That looks exactly like Aloy.

I'll try to help you not overspend by pointing out something that would annoy me though. Aloy's eyes are off in the distance... on the horizon if you will. They aren't looking at what she has drawn her bow towards. I don't know exactly why but that would drive me crazy every time I looked at it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Those statues are really well done. That looks exactly like Aloy.

I'll try to help you not overspend by pointing out something that would annoy me though. Aloy's eyes are off in the distance... on the horizon if you will. They aren't looking at what she has drawn her bow towards. I don't know exactly why but that would drive me crazy every time I looked at it.

Trust me, after years of collecting statues, I notice things like this. It does annoy me somewhat, and depending on price it might be something that tips the scales into passing on it.

This is the prototype, so hopefully it's something they address by release.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ah fuck...

This is my favorite game of this generation, and I love Aloy. I also happen to be a statue collector, and now Prime 1 a statue company has announced this...

View attachment 248406

View attachment 248407

View attachment 248408

No price yet, but Prime 1 statues are usually pretty expensive, above what I'm willing to pay but damn this looks amazing. I'm fucked. :)

That's going to be purchased and put right on my wall shelf in my office. They need to release the bird so I can hang it on my ceiling.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Funny you bumped this I was just playing this game over the weekend, and I'm such shit with a controller really ruins it for me. I'm sure it's a great game too, but they would have to lengthen her bullet time to 5 mins for me to land a proper arrow shot.

Statue looks awesome, I like looking at the stuff sideshow does but don't think I could ever get myself to spend that amount? Have you you spent a lot on figures before?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If they had the stonebird with every little detail, I'd spend $25,000 on it and hang it from my ceiling.

1581352276680.png

edit: better picture

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Funny you bumped this I was just playing this game over the weekend, and I'm such shit with a controller really ruins it for me. I'm sure it's a great game too, but they would have to lengthen her bullet time to 5 mins for me to land a proper arrow shot.

Statue looks awesome, I like looking at the stuff sideshow does but don't think I could ever get myself to spend that amount? Have you you spent a lot on figures before?

Yeah, I have 17 sideshow statues so far. I've slowed down a lot due to space and massive price increase in last few years. When I started a 1/4 scale statue was $350-400, now they are usually $600+. Getting hard to justify. Only bought 1 in 2019, and only have 1 on pre-order for 2020, sideshow statues are usually put on pre-order 12 months in advance so 2020 so it's easy to plan your budget, but still it's an expensive hobby. :)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is the one game in recent memory that I always look back on when I think of "gaming", which is impressive considering we just had TLoU, Witcher 3, God of War, RDR2 etc. It's just an absolutely incredible game, from the moment you start playing it just feels "Next-gen" and different.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, I have 17 sideshow statues so far. I've slowed down a lot due to space and massive price increase in last few years. When I started a 1/4 scale statue was $350-400, now they are usually $600+. Getting hard to justify. Only bought 1 in 2019, and only have 1 on pre-order for 2020, sideshow statues are usually put on pre-order 12 months in advance so 2020 so it's easy to plan your budget, but still it's an expensive hobby. :)

Yeah, the Sauron one just came out for pre-order and I want it so fucking bad but it's pretty hard to say to your wife, hey I'm dropping $1500 on a fucking statue for my desk.

1581371973475.png

1581371996945.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the Sauron one just came out for pre-order and I want it so fucking bad but it's pretty hard to say to your wife, hey I'm dropping $1500 on a fucking statue for my desk.

View attachment 248511

View attachment 248512

That’s why you keep the price tag to yourself and if you ever get called out on it you point out all the money she spends on hair, nails, makeup, clothes, Starbucks, etc. and point out you can resell your money sink, she can’t.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Trying to explain that giant bird thing to the wife that’s hanging from the ceiling

Like I care what she would think of it. Shes got her own office, I got mine. Already got a 5 foot by 3 foot dragon painting on the wall, what's a 300lb 7 foot mechanical bird hanging from the ceiling?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Only statue I have is the $600 Deathwing I got from Sideshow. They had a bunch of others I want now but these days the ol’ wallet can’t afford it. :(

B9ECA6AC-8882-4951-8543-13041D8A073F.jpeg

That HZD statue is super nice. I’d be very tempted if I could get away with it. No idea where I’d put it, though. There was apparently a Thunderjaw Collection, too. Not sure on the statue quality though.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The designs, in general, on all the machines in HZD were just badass. I just have a special place for the storm bird. I really, really love that creativity and I think it's one of the things that made HZD such a good game, even besides the story and shit, just the insane amount of detail they put into the machines and how unique they were.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Like I care what she would think of it. Shes got her own office, I got mine. Already got a 5 foot by 3 foot dragon painting on the wall, what's a 300lb 7 foot mechanical bird hanging from the ceiling?

Bro, can we get a screen shot of your sweet dragon wall?

I really like the statutes (was looking at a closing store today in Palm Springs with most of them 35% off) loved a sweet wolverine vs Hulk one for $599. But I just can’t pull the trigger on what is essentially
A fancy Knic knac.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The designs, in general, on all the machines in HZD were just badass. I just have a special place for the storm bird. I really, really love that creativity and I think it's one of the things that made HZD such a good game, even besides the story and shit, just the insane amount of detail they put into the machines and how unique they were.

You might look into buying a commission of the HZD board game painted by a badass studio. For a few grand you could have every model in the game with even better detail than that statue. They would not be huge but whatever, you’re having space issues anyways. I’ve seen the models (saw them this summer so I’m not sure if they were production models or samples) in person and they’re nice. They have the Stormbird expansion too.

Can see them all here.