Horizon: Zero Dawn

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
This thread got bumped a few weeks ago and prompted me to play through it again. This game, GoW and Spider-Man made me glad I have a PS4 and I look forward to getting a PS5 for the eventual sequel. HZD has such a unique story line and I want to see what the other parts of the world look like.

Also, a part of me wishes games were more like Morrowind or DnD in the fact that you can kill pretty much anyone. Soooo many NPC's I wanted to drop in this game lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished it, first time I’ve beat a long open world game in quite a while. I usually get burnt out around 40-50 hours and move on, this was fun enough I wanted to get it done and find out how the story finished. I didn’t quite finish all the extra overworld stuff but I could feel the burn out coming on so decided to just not be a completionist like usual and knock it out.

Will play the sequel for sure, glad I got this done early enough that I’ll be in the mood for it again when it releases.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished it, first time I’ve beat a long open world game in quite a while. I usually get burnt out around 40-50 hours and move on, this was fun enough I wanted to get it done and find out how the story finished. I didn’t quite finish all the extra overworld stuff but I could feel the burn out coming on so decided to just not be a completionist like usual and knock it out.

Will play the sequel for sure, glad I got this done early enough that I’ll be in the mood for it again when it releases.
Lol. Game comes out nearly 3 years ago, talks a out finishing it early enough. All good! I've yet to beat it yet either but I want to get it on PC and play there.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I keep hoping that a sequel will be announced as a launch title for PS5...

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lol. Game comes out nearly 3 years ago, talks a out finishing it early enough. All good! I've yet to beat it yet either but I want to get it on PC and play there.

Yeah took forever, back in the day I would have finished it in a week. Once you have a kid your free time is toast. I have so many unfinished and even unplayed games. I don’t even really consider myself a ‘gamer’ anymore, when it used to be about the only thing I did for entertainment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah took forever, back in the day I would have finished it in a week. Once you have a kid your free time is toast. I have so many unfinished and even unplayed games. I don’t even really consider myself a ‘gamer’ anymore, when it used to be about the only thing I did for entertainment.
That's a bummer. I have 3 kids and it for sure puts a damper on your time. Even with 3 I still make sure I make time for gaming because it's what I want to do. Sometimes, most of the time, it's after they go to bed but I still get time every day.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to finish this and beat it on LG oled with ps4 pro, or wait for PC release. I want it on PC bad but I'm not sure I want to wait that long!

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's a bummer. I have 3 kids and it for sure puts a damper on your time. Even with 3 I still make sure I make time for gaming because it's what I want to do. Sometimes, most of the time, it's after they go to bed but I still get time every day.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to finish this and beat it on LG oled with ps4 pro, or wait for PC release. I want it on PC bad but I'm not sure I want to wait that long!

The game is absolutely stunning and flawless on a 65" OLED with HDR via PS Pro. I highly recommend playing it this way over PC.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The game is absolutely stunning and flawless on a 65" OLED with HDR via PS Pro. I highly recommend playing it this way over PC.

This makes no sense. Not only will it have a much better resolution on a PC, but there's no reason to think it won't have HDR, and you can hook a TV up to a PC the same as you can to a console.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This makes no sense. Not only will it have a much better resolution on a PC, but there's no reason to think it won't have HDR, and you can hook a TV up to a PC the same as you can to a console.

As far as I know, we do not have an actual launch date yet do we? (Or even an official announcement- just rumored) Been in Florida and been out of pocket so if I didn't see it let me know. Either way, there isn't anything wrong with playing this on PS Pro in 4k HDR on that set and also getting the entire game for $19 bucks with DLC included over paying what will definitely be full price.

As far as resolution, native 4k to checkerboard and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in the adaptation for PS Pro's version between that and other native 4k titles.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm more interested in DECIMA being unlocked vs what it does on PS4 Pro ... I'm pretty sure Crytek/Epic/Unity are gonna be in some trouble when it happens, sense we already know Death Stranding is coming too PC.

• 1Like

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
HDR on the PC is a mess compared to PS4 Pro.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Just recently finished the Frozen Wilds expansion on PS4. Amazing game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users