Horizon: Zero Dawn

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you get better mods they might be practical, for now it's still situational based on what you got. Still on my first playthrough so no Adept extra slots either.

Had the most hilarious thing happen when i was fighting on a snow slope with weird angles on the incline. Knocked the machine over and it was bouncing my character up and down terrain when I activated a Critical Hit and it literally launched me through the air at high velocity across a mile, died to fall damage though.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started playing this yesterday, stopped at 2am, totally lost track of time.

Really enjoyable so far and yet I'm only at the point where I returned the kid's spear. The sidequests seem random and I guess there's no urgency to clearing them in any particular order in the early game.

At what point do I get the ability to teleport between fires? Keeps telling me you can do this but when I try it tells me I'm missing something.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Started playing this yesterday, stopped at 2am, totally lost track of time.

Really enjoyable so far and yet I'm only at the point where I returned the kid's spear. The sidequests seem random and I guess there's no urgency to clearing them in any particular order in the early game.

At what point do I get the ability to teleport between fires? Keeps telling me you can do this but when I try it tells me I'm missing something.
You can craft the fast travel kits as soon as you get mats I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
There is an item with unlimited fast travel you can get, think I was about halfway through the main story before I grabbed it.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
There is an item with unlimited fast travel you can get, think I was about halfway through the main story before I grabbed it.
I believe it shows up as soon as you get to Meridian from any normal vendor there and that you would encounter after.

• 1Like

Malakriss

To be precise it's any vendor past the Daytower quest. I would recommend being able to ride mounts for exploration past that point as well, map is huge.

• 1Like

Malakriss

I did some purple mod farming last night using the one quest with respawn mechanics for 3x2 per circuit run and pulled some decent ones. Oddly my RNG wanted to give me a ton of triple Shocks for some reason.

How fast can you speedrun a NG+ for the Adept versions + 2nd set of FW mods before tackling Ultra Hard?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can craft the fast travel kits as soon as you get mats I think.
You also get a crap ton of them from the free gift bags you get from visiting new vendors. The fast travel kits are pretty easy to keep a solid stock of without going out of your way to do it or spending too much resources.

Malakriss

3 runs worth of DLC mods for max damage/handling/tear to pull this one off apparently.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fights at the end of the DLC were pretty nuts on the first playthrough.

I thought the DLC was exceptionally well done, particularly the final section but also the side stories. I'm a little sad they didn't make a second DLC.

Also I'm sure it'll be years before the sequel hits PC, if ever.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Took me easily an hour to beat that fucker. So hyped when I finally took him down. Looking at that video, I guess i should have stayed in melee range? Rip.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Triggered. Double shot isn't working on PC. No matter what I press, wont load a second arrow, I tried changing the keybinding etc.

EDIT: Lol, and after I post this, hit reload before drawing, dumb lol. :(

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Triggered. Double shot isn't working on PC. No matter what I press, wont load a second arrow, I tried changing the keybinding etc.
Double and triple shot work fine for me.

Are you using them at the right time? You can't nock a second or third arrow while aiming.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1627006988711.png

Anyone know what this outfit is / how to get it? In the PS5 thread it was said to be a DLC outfit but I figured I'd bring the question here for specifics.

What's the earliest you can get this outfit during the game? Is it a Playstation store deal or something you find?

I'll admit it, one of the reasons it's taken me so long to get to Horizon is the fact that the main character just has zero visual appeal to me; this outfit would certainly give the game a hell of a lot more visual appeal.

Brad2770

Yeah, she has dike face but gymnast body. It’s the red hair that does it though.

• 1Picard

Malakriss

View attachment 363628
Anyone know what this outfit is / how to get it? In the PS5 thread it was said to be a DLC outfit but I figured I'd bring the question here for specifics.

What's the earliest you can get this outfit during the game? Is it a Playstation store deal or something you find?

I'll admit it, one of the reasons it's taken me so long to get to Horizon is the fact that the main character just has zero visual appeal to me; this outfit would certainly give the game a hell of a lot more visual appeal.
Carja Blazon, and link to the mod for "enhanced" version if you have Steam

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 363628

I was bored so I did your googling for you. Looks like it’s Carja Blazon armor.

edit: big mal beat me to it.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 363628

That's Carja Blazon Light armour.

Full list of stuff here.

• 1Like