Hot Ones

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so have we settled on a good hot wing sauce or am i just gonna have to buy a bottle of franks buffalo wings?

this is the front page of amazon

d5a7a0fcd9128a600f5986960d52f9df.png

theres 2 s21 hot ones pack, dunno if they are good or not

not even sold by hotones, just some third party guy
Cholula is the best tasting pepper sauce I have had, but it's not all that hot and a bit over priced. I would often see the Mexicans, at the meat market, buying Valentina pepper sauce, so gave it a try. It's almost as good as Cholula, plus they make an Extra Hot version.

Dunno about actually putting it on wings (I don't eat wings), but I put it on any TexMex I make. It's also good to drip on pork rinds.

2023-07-06 22.18.33 www.google.com 2ba8fcd2d4bb.png

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Cholula is the best tasting pepper sauce I have had, but it's not all that hot and a bit over priced. I would often see the Mexicans, at the meat market, buying Valentina pepper sauce, so gave it a try. It's almost as good as Cholula, plus they make an Extra Hot version.

Dunno about actually putting it on wings (I don't eat wings), but I put it on any TexMex I make. It's also good to drip on pork rinds.

View attachment 481497
Yeah, black label Valentina is the best Mexican hot sauce, and it's cheap as hell.

Partial to Tapatio, too. It's even got a little legumer with a sombrero. You should have been canceled with Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben, bunch of bigots.

It is pretty good hot sauce though.

download (19).jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Valentino has a strong like taco seasoning taste to me that is overpowering. I don't mind it for homemade tacos/nachos, but its a detriment to like good a good taqueria burrito.

I prefer:

ezgif-2-86ea53ed0f.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
All the Yucateco sauces are great. Decent heat and lots of flavor.
Not a fan of most of the mild "Mexican" style sauces, Cholula to my taste is just high vinegar+salt and no burn. It's breakfast egg fodder in a pinch, basically Texas Pete for brown people.
Aardvark makes a great jerk sauce, haven't tried their others.

If you want good heat + flavor you basically can't go wrong with habanero or scotch bonnet sauces. I've had dozens from all sorts of brands and never had an offensive one. Uniquely and naturally flavorful peppers that don't need to be drowned in acids to accomplish the burn or taste.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know anything about the Tijuana Flats variety pack? 50$ for 4 bottles seems a bit high but if they're good I might pull the trigger.

Best hot sauce I ever had was some sort of red sauce from a Mexican food truck. I'd buy the fuck outta that if they sold it.

Fadaar

That guy
Anyone know anything about the Tijuana Flats variety pack? 50$ for 4 bottles seems a bit high but if they're good I might pull the trigger.

Best hot sauce I ever had was some sort of red sauce from a Mexican food truck. I'd buy the fuck outta that if they sold it.

You ever been to TF? Their sauces are great, I’d recommend it.

Also we have a giant bottle of Valentina’s at work that I tried a few times but good lord way too salty. I started bringing my own stuff in.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I think Cholula is sort of overrated, I will take Frank's or Tabasco over it if I have a choice. I love the El Yucateca sauces, but find them a little too overpowering for some dishes - I usually use them as a dip for fries or something starchy. For eggs, my go to is:
shopping

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I always use Frank's on wings just because in my mind that's what buffalo wings are supposed to taste like.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Chicken feet don't appeal to me at all and I haven't tried the crab. I like tteok boki though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And this time you didn't have to pay for it.
i was trying to figure out what she was promoting. i fast forwarded all the stupid questions and went to the hot sauce stuff. she has some spy action thriller on Netflix. i think Wonder Woman is a more believable role for her.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did she even take a bite out of the chicken wing that had Dabomb sauce? It looks like all she did was rub her teeth on it.