House of Cards

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, just finished up the season and I guess I mostly agree with everything said. I watched it all, but I wasn't Jones-ing to do so like with previous seasons.

I won't comment on any storyline stuff specifically, but I agree with most of the faults others have presented. I'll still watch season 4 at this point, but when I get invested in a show I tend to see it through even when it goes down hill.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Missed the boat from previous seasons, Frank could have abused the presidency so much for a future goal given his nature and ruthlessness..Numerous opportunities to write well given his position.

Instead we get alot of bollocks (Russians, Monks, Claire, even Freddy)..As everyone said the only interesting thing was Doug and even that was sometimes stupid.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
We're 5-6 in from our binge Saturday and never even bothered to pick it up again yesterday. This would have never happened with previous seasons, probably finish it next week.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was nothing the matter with this season, other than Claire acting out of character. It's going to be pretty hard to show the President with an arch nemesis, which is why you had Petrov. This isn't SOA or Dexter, where at the end of the season, the big bad dies at the hands of the protagonist. Were you expecting the President/Premier to end the season with a Mortal Kombat style fight? Now that he's King, he's going to be facing things like getting reelected, versus a big bad that dies in the final episode of each season.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We didn't hate it, but it was far from great. My biggest complaints are:

- Making the scope so global just didn't work. Frank's sphere of influence, individually and outside of the being President, just doesn't extend out to the leaders of Russia, Israel, Jordan, Palestine, etc... And when it boils down to just another president fighting international politics, it isn't as interesting. It was always best when he was manipulating those close to him and pulling the strings. Which just fell flat against the larger backdrop.

- Claire turned in to an idiot, I mean seriously wtf. Maybe she was under qualified to be ambassador to the UN but she was never a complete moron. Not sure there was a single situation she handled correctly or even somewhat like herself. Maybe when she cornered the Russian Ambassador in the women's restroom she kind of had that spark. Seeing her interact with the Sec of State with the beer pong was kind of nice too.

It seemed they wanted to grow them as a couple by showing their marriage issues were coming to a head (having them sleep separately, some of the arguing, etc...) but the writing was just never there to make it work. Then the personal growth for each of them didn't quite come off well. Frank's visit to the cathedral (which paled in comparison to Bartlett's in West Wing!), his relationship with the author and the book... I dunno. Personally it would have been cool to bring Stamper in to the fold much earlier than make him go through what he did from the outside, he could have been on top of the Jackie and Dunbar shit, the Mendoza stuff (wtf happened there btw, there was some throw away comment how he was out of the picture suddenly), and more at home craziness.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't mind the attempted storylines. The writing just fell completely flat. They failed to create any compelling, meaningful drama. Petrov was not an adversary, not even a little bit. He was literally just a guy who wanted to wave his cock around, he wasn't presidential at all, he had no ambition other than to assert dominance. They failed to make him seem like a leader... and the whole pussy riot cameo? Was that serious? They couldn't come up with anything so they stole most of the writing for this season from pop culture and current events. And they did it very poorly. I didn't care about anyone or anything. I even found myself yawning or surfing the web while it was playing in the background from time to time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_91691.jpg

The only saving grace is this guy

Doug Stamper

Literally you could just fast forward every scene until you get to Doug's scenes.

Everybody else is worthless, they were all so worthless, that by the end i really missed "Freddies ribs"

the russian putin shit was super stupid and annoying

meechum

He was an interesting character s1/2 now his main job is Door man, literally all he does is opens doors and lets ppl in

Freddy is the antithesis of Frank, where Frank has achieved every dream, Freddy has not only failed, but lost everything with no job, and is only helped by Frank (he was possibily about to be fired as a dishwasher). Look at the successful white guy who became president he dared to dream, look at the black guy that failed, he tried to dream big and lost it all (his new bbq venture and even the business itself)

remy - what was his role? oh yea little bitch, wtf he can't get over that bitch so much he has an epiphany!, politics bad, feelz gud!

Seth - what was his role? oh yea "here's what you should say", "he(doug) took my job!", "here's what you should say"

The book writer (yates) was such a dumb caracature of an emo book writer "dis book is gud, i must writer!" was he replacement freddie? cuz he sucked the life out of all the scenes

The Hack and the Hooker, ugh these actors and stories were so bad, BUT i'll let it pass since they were needed so Doug could get awesome

Senators - these old white guys are now insignificant

Oh yea reporters? wtf they don't exist anymore? Frank kills Kate Mara, so now we just get old bitches?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Personally, I never get sick of seeing Frank and Claire interact, even when she's acting all emo. S4 could just have Frank and Claire sitting in the oval office talking to each other for 13 episodes, and I'd be OK with it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thought i was fucked up for having Doug as my favorite character. I still think I'm fucked up, but glad others are, too.

And the hooker storyline was huge for Doug. It showed how unconditionally devoted he is to Frank by killing the girl he has an obsession with, but is ultimately a loose end

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Personally, I never get sick of seeing Frank and Claire interact, even when she's acting all emo. S4 could just have Frank and Claire sitting in the oval office talking to each other for 13 episodes, and I'd be OK with it.
I'd be cool with it if Claire wasn't 100% wrong all the time and didn't fuck everything up constantly. Frank stuck his neck out for her repeatedly this season only to have her blame him for everything. If he had been putting himself above her then i could see her point, but removing her as ambassador was the only thing he did to her and she absolutely deserved it

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aceveda(Mendoza) was right, she's a hothead and cracked multiple times.
Anyone know why they wrote him off of the show?

edit: rumor has it he had an option called up for some ABC pilot, mid way through the season, and he had to fulfill the contract

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Claire went from cold-blooded master of scheming lizard bitch to emo midlife crisis guilt internet feminist cunt. Her breakdown during the statement was infuriating, it was like a big FUCK YOU from writers.

Intox_sl

shitlord
Feels like a chore trying to finish the season. I stop half way through an episode and don't come back to it till the next day. It feels so aimless.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It feels so aimless.
That's probably season 3 major problem : most plots felt lame, dumb and didn't go anywhere. Jackie / Remy plot ? While Jackie kind of grew some balls and betrayed Frank, Remy's "found the light" breakdown was so pointless. Russia boogaloo ? Wannabe Putin was cliche as fuck and the whole pussy riot / gay activist thing was beyond retarded. Also as people mentioned, Frank being hung by the balls by congress was underwhelming, I mean when the former whip became POTUS you'd think he has enough leverage and connections to bend them at his will.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As much as the writers tried to ham-fist something interesting into the story all they managed to do was make the entire season feel like just another day at work. They could have changed the name of the show this season to "Frank Goes to Work, Claire Wishes she was a Housewife"

I think out of everything that happened this season the most jarring juxtaposition was when Claire went into that woman's very nice house in an obviously nice neighborhood and the woman starts talking like uneducated trailer trash. The writers try to explain her retarded comments by having her say "I'm so tired, I'm sorry" like 3 times but uh... that didn't really explain it.