House of the Dragon

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, now they just need to make it a check box: "Never show me the fucking intro or credits on any shows or movies"
I prefer to see the credits with the skip button because I hate it when I don't want to watch the next episode and it only gives you 5 seconds to find the remote in the sofa cushions before the next episode starts to play. They got the message on the intros though. The new shows intros are all less than 10 seconds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Anyway, this is a fantasy show, one of the very few fantasy shows I can watch right now. No freaking way I'm going to skip it just because of some raceswapping.

"How did Clown World happen?"
"People traded their principles for convenience"

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyway, this is a fantasy show, one of the very few fantasy shows I can watch right now. No freaking way I'm going to skip it just because of some raceswapping.

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The wigs are weird on most of the actors. But the episode was fine, too early to tell if it will be a good show or not. I'll be watching it even if it's mediocre and woke. I like the setting and the production values are high.

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"How did Clown World happen?"
"People traded their principles for convenience"

multiple people on this forum are actively funding child grooming by visiting Disney theme parks. Did you know that child grooming and castrating actually happens on Disney theme parks? It's like Westworld with the storage vaults for old hosts, except these vaults house the costumes of obscure Disney characters like Basil the Great Mouse Detective and anything relating to Song of the South. These costumes are worn by surgeons who operate on kids whilst guests ride above.

The layout of Space Mountain is actually based on a scale model length fallopian tube. The old Epcot Body Tours ride is being updated to include surgically constructed penises for the guests to ride in.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

don't care for the "epic" static intros, but GoT changed stuff up from time to time.

1661268775976.png

thought his armor looked cheap, when he was riding up the pick, it looked like the wings were wobbling. maybe they were designed to pop off as would be a hindrance combat.

also, apparently the knights getting killed were added for the show, but grrm approved. that seems like something would set off long term strife between houses.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Imagine thinking big tentpole shows and movies wont be made without diverse casts anymore. That ship sailed a long time ago and the people who made it a big sticking point were far outnumbered by those who didn't.

Yea its dumb for a black dude to be related to the rest of them and the hair is atrocious, but if that's really as far as they go then this show got off lucky. Its not like the dude is sitting there lamenting how life isn't fair cause he's black, he's pissed cause in his mind his wife should have been named heir and wasn't.

All this bitching does is let companies like HBO make press releases saying racist bs against the how / actor are bad and those people are welcome to not watch this show. Its like a standard in press kits now, LoTR will have it big time.

• 1Garbage

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Imagine thinking big tentpole shows and movies wont be made without diverse casts anymore. That ship sailed a long time ago and the people who made it a big sticking point were far outnumbered by those who didn't.

Yea its dumb for a black dude to be related to the rest of them and the hair is atrocious, but if that's really as far as they go then this show got off lucky. Its not like the dude is sitting there lamenting how life isn't fair cause he's black, he's pissed cause in his mind his wife should have been named heir and wasn't.

All this bitching does is let companies like HBO make press releases saying racist bs against the how / actor are bad and those people are welcome to not watch this show. Its like a standard in press kits now, LoTR will have it big time.

It's not just that, and how out of place that character is. It's the Men are Bad! Women live Forever! and every other checkbox they can knock out. I still feel guilty giving Obi Wan a chance even though they were trying to accomplish the same thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
It's not just that, and how out of place that character is. It's the Men are Bad! Women live Forever! and every other checkbox they can knock out. I still feel guilty giving Obi Wan a chance even though they were trying to accomplish the same thing.

Fair, but I didn't really get the "Men are bad" from that episode. Like is it cause the hand told his daughter to go fuck the king? That's pretty standard GoT type maneuvering to gain more power. Hightower would have many reasons to his daughter hooked up with a King with no wife or male heir. I guess maybe the lady not being chosen in the first place? Matt Smith being an asshole? (he's better as an asshole anyways so thats cool with me) I don't know I am not feeling it with this show yet.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Fair, but I didn't really get the "Men are bad" from that episode. Like is it cause the hand told his daughter to go fuck the king? That's pretty standard GoT type maneuvering to gain more power. Hightower would have many reasons to his daughter hooked up with a King with no wife or male heir. I guess maybe the lady not being chosen in the first place? Matt Smith being an asshole? (he's better as an asshole anyways so thats cool with me) I don't know I am not feeling it with this show yet.

From that episode, probably not. But it's been stated already what their intentions are, showcased earlier in this thread.

Juvarisx

Florida
From that episode, probably not. But it's been stated already what their intentions are, showcased earlier in this thread.

Their intentions can be whatever they want, unless they are going to massively rewrite the story itself, none of the woman in this story win the Iron Throne. My guess seeing how going off script massively blew up in their faces last time, they will probably stick to the story itself this time.

Again I don't know the source material except through osmosis and what was established in GoT. The way they talked about Rhaenyra in that show, she is apparently a pretty badass Targaryen so I have no problem if they portray her that way.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Burns

Their intentions can be whatever they want, unless they are going to massively rewrite the story itself, none of the woman in this story win the Iron Throne. My guess seeing how going off script massively blew up in their faces last time, they will probably stick to the story itself this time.

Again I don't know the source material except through osmosis and what was established in GoT. The way they talked about Rhaenyra in that show, she is apparently a pretty badass Targaryen so I have no problem if they portray her that way.
The lady in the following video has a decent theory on how they will make it men/patriarchy bad (time stamped to where she starts on it):

(video linked earlier in thread) Fan theory starts at 3:23 and ends at 5:31.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Juvarisx

Florida
The lady in the following video has a decent theory on how they will make it men/patriarchy bad (time stamped to where she starts on it):

(video linked earlier in thread) Fan theory starts at 3:23 and ends at 5:31.

Thats for a spinoff that didn't get made, unless I am really misunderstanding something. This show is the Targ civil war not Aegon's conquering of Westeros, like I know its confusing since they interbred so much and kept using the same names.

• 1Like

Burns

Thats for a spinoff that didn't get made, unless I am really misunderstanding something. This show is the Targ civil war not Aegon's conquering of Westeros
Oh, guess I haven't been paying close enough attention then, oops!

Just seen one male Targ and two female Targs with a bunch of dragons, and thought that was it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

No one here suggested anyone skip it over raceswapping. There's a guy here who shut it off after 10 minutes, just one guy, and his reasons had nothing to do with race.

However there are people with legitimate concerns for LOTR Rings of Power who are indeed skipping out over "raceswapping". Don't confuse the two.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Oh, guess I haven't been paying close enough attention then, oops!

Just seen one male Targ and two female Targs with a bunch of dragons, and thought that was it.

Yea even the names of the girls are pretty close, its going to get real confusing as this show goes on for people

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
However there are people with legitimate concerns for LOTR Rings of Power who are indeed skipping out over "raceswapping". Don't confuse the two.

It's all just karma for John Wayne playing Genghis Khan

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

neat, can you point me to all the diversity in Black Panther and The Woman King? I mean, big tentpole shows and movies wont be made without diverse casts anymore

• 1Like