House of the Dragon

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read the book that I assume this is based on. I enjoyed the book and hope they don't fuck up the show. I like most of you will be watching.
After season 8 I will have to hear some fantastic reviews from the 3 people who watch it on this board and elsewhere before I consider it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I will watch the same way I have been watching 95% of TV shows: by watching randos on YouTube shit on how bad the show is.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Same reason we have been posting here for ~20 years, Glutton For Punishment.
If House of Diversity is so bad that it passes into the realm of schlock, then I will indeed watch it. Until then, even arguing with people on the internet has more redeeming qualities than watching this show.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I would add that charisma of an actor also helps(See Kit Harrington).

To be fair, Paddy Considine is a pretty great actor - if you haven't seen Dead Mans Shoes you really ought to.

Matt Smith as well is a big enough name.

Admittedly original GOT had Sean Bean, plus unknowns like Richard Madden, Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke but it rounded out the cast with "jobbing" actors

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"House of the Dragon's showrunners have also sought to right some of Game of Thrones' original sins—namely, its lack of diversity and its shoddy treatment of female characters.

For the first time ever, female characters are at the forefront of the show, and the story plans to confront gender inequities head-on"

Nah, easy pass. Now that I have a little turbo shit running around the house my time is too precious to waste on shit.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That thumbnail looks like some decade-old video game shit.

Didn't watch.
same, i am still too butthurt at how Martin killed the ASOIAF series to even give the trailer a watch. if others watch it and say this is the greatest thing since valyerian steel sliced bread. then i may give it a looksee, right now Martin can eat a log of shit .

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
To be fair, Paddy Considine is a pretty great actor - if you haven't seen Dead Mans Shoes you really ought to.

Matt Smith as well is a big enough name.

Admittedly original GOT had Sean Bean, plus unknowns like Richard Madden, Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke but it rounded out the cast with "jobbing" actors
Paddy Considine is great, I'll give you that. Nothing wrong with Matt Smith's acting abilities, I just hate his face. I've liked Rhys Ifans in most things I've seen.

GoT had a lot of other great actors, even if they weren't household names (at least in the US for the Brits). Mark Addy, Aiden Gillen, James Cosmo, Charles fucking Dance (even though his role in S1 was small). I'd only recognized Peter Dinklage from Death at a Funeral but I remember enough people knowing that name that the book fans were calling for him to be cast as soon as the show was announced.

Maybe I'll be surprised, but almost none of the characters in that trailer made me think "I can't wait to see their scenes."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
show basically looks like "WE WUZ QUEENZ" for chicks

every show in 2022 now is just titty free, man ass, every guy is a homo or simping for ugly chicks. what a sad state of affairs

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
ring of power will have titties. maybe. probably elf man ass
captain hook smiling GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Diversity is so disgusting. if people wanted to see their ugly neighbor on TV, they would watch Cops. everyone wants to see beautiful women and virile hunky men. its been a thing for over a century in film and hundreds or thousands of years in plays. but yeah. lets change all that for no reason.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Diversity is so disgusting. if people wanted to see their ugly neighbor on TV, they would watch Cops. everyone wants to see beautiful women and virile hunky men. its been a thing for over a century in film and hundreds or thousands of years in plays. but yeah. lets change all that for no reason.
The new safe space crawing purple haired youth can't handle the micro aggression that is beauty. Uggoes want to mirror themselves just as we did.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
tell your ugly neighbor to stop bitching about it then!

• 1Like