House of the Dragon

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Who's house was it that was burned down? I remember them focusing on this one house, and showing the hooded arsonist leaving the area but I didn't know where the fuck that was.

Was that the White Worm's place?

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Should have torched them all. Total missed opportunity for something new. This whole plot for the Iron Throne is wearing thin. I just doesn't matter.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Who's house was it that was burned down? I remember them focusing on this one house, and showing the hooded arsonist leaving the area but I didn't know where the fuck that was.

Was that the White Worm's place?

I would assume it was burned by The Foot Lover, and yeah it was the White Worm's brothel. He liked burning places down and she gave up Aegon to Alicent's father, which made Alicent sad, so now I assume he hopes he gets to jerk off to her feet again as a reward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
There isn't a story or show if Rhaenys kills all of Team Green in season 1, episode 9. The final scene I imagine was supposed to show Rhaenys making the same kind of mistake Eddard Stark did when he told Cersei to run away with her kids, by choosing the "honorable" path they setup years of death and destruction. It made sense to me, Alicent and Rhaenys want to kill as few people as possible but that will likely lead to far more death. In contrast Cersei brutally kills her enemies but at some point you are left with no allies when you rule that way. Too bad we don't have a Tyrion or Varys to go into the Machiavellian nature of death and murder in politics, Larys is just doing it for the feet onlyfans.

It also showed Team Green having all the trappings of power - the high Septon proclaiming a new King, the black crown of Aegon the Conqueror, his valyrian sword and dagger, and the people gathered to cheer their new King. Rhaenys however pops up and wordlessly reminds Team Green that Targaryen power is built on their unique, unmatched dragons, and Alicent realizes that when faced with inescapable death.

One big change from the books is Ser Cole was much more involved in getting Aegon on the throne, his nickname afterwards was the Kingmaker.

This character needs to be recast though, what the fuck is going on with her accent its nearly incomprehensible

HOTD_StupidWhiteWorm.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
One big change from the books is Ser Cole was much more involved in getting Aegon on the throne, his nickname afterwards was the Kingmaker.
The entire episode is a complete 180 from the book but yes that is one of about a thousand big changes.

I've realized what is bothering me about this show. This is the baghdad minister of truth version of House of the dragon. Or for you younger folks, this is the western media's portrayal of the ukraine war.

They are changing literally everything so White genderqueer non-binary bitch and black sea daddy get to be the good guys. They are totally not the good guys in the book. She is very much the bad guy in the book. It is 180 degrees off.

As far all the questions about "well why did X do Y? that seems retarded" no matter what your question is, the answer is the same, shitty writers. None of this happens this way in the book, no one is in any of these positions for any of this to unfold this way.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Rhaenys however pops up and wordlessly reminds Team Green that Targaryen power is built on their unique, unmatched dragons, and Alicent realizes that when faced with inescapable death.

More spronk spronk nitwittery - their "unique, unmatched dragons" that the Hightower faction possess. They even made a big deal out of spronk spronk 's "matt smith lookalike" riding the biggest dragon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The entire episode is a complete 180 from the book but yes that is one of about a thousand big changes.

I've realized what is bothering me about this show. This is the baghdad minister of truth version of House of the dragon. Or for you younger folks, this is the western media's portrayal of the ukraine war.

They are changing literally everything so White genderqueer non-binary bitch and black sea daddy get to be the good guys. They are totally not the good guys in the book. She is very much the bad guy in the book. It is 180 degrees off.

As far all the questions about "well why did X do Y? that seems retarded" no matter what your question is, the answer is the same, shitty writers. None of this happens this way in the book, no one is in any of these positions for any of this to unfold this way.
did they have that weird stupid pointless 30minute let's find the rapist w/ 2 twins before cole and 1eye do? like theyre both on the same team, and then cole is like "arrrh ye matey, lets fight!"

like this dude needs a chill pill or he needs to see some queen leg

• 1Solidarity

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
My issue with this show and GoT in general, is that once you catch on to the writing technique, it's hard to ignore. A story is usually considered bornig when nothing bad happens, i.e. there are no consequences. What they do here is the opposite. Every scenario they write, you can see them ask themselves: "how can this go wrong?" It's fine to do that at the right moments. It's how drama is made. But with HofD and GoT, it's literally every plot point and it makes things feel just as insignificant as the opposite. I feel no tension or connection to anyone because I'm just waiting for the next bad thing to happen. I couldn't care less about the Iron Throne at this point, and the formula has grown quite stale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
did they have that weird stupid pointless 30minute let's find the rapist w/ 2 twins before cole and 1eye do? like theyre both on the same team, and then cole is like "arrrh ye matey, lets fight!"

like this dude needs a chill pill or he needs to see some queen leg
This whole sequence made zero sense.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This character needs to be recast though, what the fuck is going on with her accent its nearly incomprehensible
Thank god I wasn't the only person that noticed this. I almost wrote about it but I chalked it up to a fake accent in a fake world. But I'm pretty sure parts of it sounds French while other parts sound Jamaican. Its like she can't keep the structure consistent throughout her speech.

Chris

Potato del Grande
yea, that then became his promotion
Because the people who disagreed with the action (not plotting to take the throne) were at that point either dead or quit.

I can't belive that they ruined beloved fake history book, House of the Dragon.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ser Cole is literally the worse in this show. Im conflicted on who has the stranger face structure, Aemond or Deamon?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thank god I wasn't the only person that noticed this. I almost wrote about it but I chalked it up to a fake accent in a fake world. But I'm pretty sure parts of it sounds French while other parts sound Jamaican. Its like she can't keep the structure consistent throughout her speech.
Its like everyones forgotten Tyrions whore. This is exactly the same retarded accent. I imagine they're trying to say they both came from the same land of retarded accents.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ser Cole is literally the worse in this show. Im conflicted on who has the stranger face structure, Aemond or Deamon?
Matt Smith is a weird lookin dude but ya Aemond takes it for me. That dude definitely looks inbred.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users