House of the Dragon

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They were definitely multiple points where it was clear he had died. If you miss that part then you probably weren't paying much attention.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
They were definitely multiple points where it was clear he had died. If you miss that part then you probably weren't paying much attention.
No no, it was quite clear when he said he lost his wife and son. Just during the birth scene I thought everything was fine.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why would fake breasts have the nipples point in different directions?
beaker love GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
...and I could see him reporting you to "troll" you; which the mods would then be forced to apply the rules. I'm pretty sure Zapatta just got shawed for showing tits in Politics last week (granted, it wasn't his first offence).

I've literally never used the report function, maybe once or twice re spoilers. Petty reporters are women fuckers

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sapochnik in an email to The Los Angeles Times specifically discussed the scene, “I know it may sound extreme, but we wanted it to be difficult to watch. We wanted people to remember that no matter what they thought of Viserys, he did this and he could never take it back.”

“It is the story’s inciting incident and needed to be strong and unflinching,” he added.
He went on to detail that the wording the Grand Maester uses specifically “a father gets to choose” was intentional.

“The idea being that Queen Aemma doesn’t get to choose her fate even though she’s right there. King Viserys and the Grand Maester never think to consult her, and so she is powerless over a decision about her own body,” he explained.
The showrunner then made it clear it was all about Roe v. Wade saying, “It feels more timely and impactful than ever.”
Actress Sian Brooke would also make it clear the scene was all about pushing a political and immoral message, “It’s quite hard to think now, as a woman, to put yourself in [Aemma’s] position. It’s so vulnerable to think, ‘That’s what you are: a vessel for childbirth.'”

She added, “You’ve got this battle showing man’s eternal quest for power and status. And then within that, you’ve got this woman who’s at the mercy of a man’s decision.”

Brooke further detailed, “You think you’ve made this huge leap forward, with women being able to make decisions about their own bodies. It’s quite shocking, that, sadly, there is some similarity between that and centuries ago.”

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Forget all that bullshit, this is a good show. Maybe not great, but it is not bad at all.
The costumes, the sets, the dragons, all of these are great. I liked the tourney scene.
The joggers with wigs and the spoken intro are the only two things that suck, but maybe the second episode will not have that intro anymore...

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Forget all that bullshit, this is a good show. Maybe not great, but it is not bad at all.
The costumes, the sets, the dragons, all of these are great. I liked the tourney scene.
The joggers with wigs and the spoken intro are the only two things that suck, but maybe the second episode will not have that intro anymore...
its only a little bit of shit on the cake. the rest is fine.

Oldbased

> Than U
Jogger level wasn't even that high. In GoT we had the Dorne King's Guard, the pirate, some randoms and like 8000 dickless warriors.
People just overlook all that cause in GoT they couldn't rape or reproduce. That is cinema racism.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
its only a little bit of shit on the cake. the rest is fine.
Well, it is not a cake, you can enjoy the rest of the show just fine.
I mean look at this great aryan ubermensch.

Daemon's horse is armoured to look like a dragon : r/HouseOfTheDragon

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jogger level wasn't even that high. In GoT we had the Dorne King's Guard, the pirate, some randoms and like 8000 dickless warriors.
People just overlook all that cause in GoT they couldn't rape or reproduce. That is cinema racism.
It wasn't over looked in GoT, it was consistent with the lore of the world. All the blacks were from Essos, not Westeros. In particular, outside of Areo Hotah, they were all from the Summer Islands or Noth.

Areo Hotah, the Dorne bodyguard, is the only one I can think of off hand, that was kinda race swapped. Still, he was from one of the Free Cities of Essos (Norvos), and it doesn't look like GRRM described the people there, other than to say they were not Rhoynar and could grow a beard.

Note: Rhoynar were the peoples that lived along the main river in Essos, before the fall of Valyria, and were kicked out of Essos by the Valyrians. The survivors of the war with Valyria all sailed to Dorne (it is why, lore wise, the people of Dorne are brown, not white like the 100% Andal and First Men decedents of the other 6 kingdoms).

• 1Like
  • 1Tiresome

Oldbased

> Than U
It wasn't over looked in GoT, it was consistent with the lore of the world. All the blacks were from Essos, not Westeros. In particular, outside of Areo Hotah, they were all from the Summer Islands or Noth.

Areo Hotah, the Dorne bodyguard, is the only one I can think of off hand, that was kinda race swapped. Still, he was from one of the Free Cities of Essos (Norvos), and it doesn't look like GRRM described the people there, other than to say they were not Rhoynar and could grow a beard.

Note: Rhoynar were the peoples that lived along the main river in Essos, before the fall of Valyria, and were kicked out of Essos by the Valyrians. The survivors of the war with Valyria all sailed to Dorne (it is why, lore wise, the people of Dorne are brown, not white like the 100% Andal and First Men decedents of the other 6 kingdoms).
There was a fuckton of houses we really never heard of in the start of this, I assume wiped out over time before GoT. One being a jogger camp doesn't seem out of norms.
Also was wrong about now being 162 years, the 172 years is after the 9 year time jump from the start.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1661260045551.png

this is too racist for reddit /shittymoviedetails but

House of Dragon actor looks like singer of "Kissed by a Rose". This is a reference to Game of Thrones being based on The War of the Roses

• 2Picard

spronk

FPS noob

The director has said the show intro was removed from episode 1 to give weight to the whole "172 years before Dany" thing, the second episode and on will have a new intro sequence similar to Game of Thrones. Seems to be a common thing for new shows, i guess tik tok generation can't handle intros or credits.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Can you really pin that on tiktok generation? Fuck any and all intros and credits, I still get a little pissed when MCU movies try to make me sit through credits

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thoroughly hate intros, especially GoT's with how long it was. Skip intro was the best thing streaming services did.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Can you really pin that on tiktok generation? Fuck any and all intros and credits, I still get a little pissed when MCU movies try to make me sit through credits
yes because Credits are needed so my fat ass waiting in line for popcorn doesnt miss the movie. they need to thank those ten studios in the opening credits and run those 20 movie trailers before because i had to go back for a Twizzler and some GoodnPlenty.

• 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I thoroughly hate intros, especially GoT's with how long it was. Skip intro was the best thing streaming services did.
Yeah, now they just need to make it a check box: "Never show me the fucking intro or credits on any shows or movies"

• 2Worf

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Anyway, this is a fantasy show, one of the very few fantasy shows I can watch right now. No freaking way I'm going to skip it just because of some raceswapping.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users