House of the Dragon

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
but like you said, he named her heir and everyone bent the knee, how is this not set in stone?
Being the rightful heir is important but it doesn't guarantee you anything, especially when a large faction of the kingdom hates you and you're out of the capital when the king dies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
but like you said, he named her heir and everyone bent the knee, how is this not set in stone? cuz it sounds like the way youre describing it, all the lords are now thinking she's a dumb bitch that will bring the realm to ruin, so might as well prop up a proper king
He names her heir when shes like 14, and only to ensure to the high lords that his brother daemon wont be king, since has no son at the time.

Shes 35 when he dies, the king has 2 true born sons from alicent by this time (like 19 and 20 years old, and a daughter who in targ fashion, marries the first born son, and they even have 3 children of there own, 6 year old twins and a 2 year old already), nobody remembers or gives a shit about what oaths were sworn 20 years earlier because almost all of those lords have died, and their sons never swore said oath, and most importantly, unlike in the show, nobody has ever mentioned or brought up the succession in the 20+ years since because immediately after naming her heir, he marries and gets his first son with alicent.

Her assumption that her brother would supercede her in the succession is partly why she becomes bitter. The fact that nobody gives a shit about some ancient oath only she remembers fuels it as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I am getting lost in the flood of the inconsistencies of the characters' well, characters! And ewwwwwww, big secret that the fags were fags, as they couldn't resist being fags in the fields, fags in hallways, fags at the king's reception. Big fucking secret!! You have got to be kidding me!

Sad that I like this show less than that other show that is receiving a ton of hate. I'll accept black dwarf woman over black targareyon's or Valareons or whatever...

Where is this going? It all seems so petty, simple and stupid so far.

PS-- why is the CGI so cheesey at times?

• 2Salty
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He names her heir when shes like 14, and only to ensure to the high lords that his brother daemon wont be king, since has no son at the time.

Shes 35 when he dies, the king has 2 true born sons from alicent by this time (like 19 and 20 years old, and a daughter who in targ fashion, marries the first born son, and they even have 3 children of there own, 6 year old twins and a 2 year old already), nobody remembers or gives a shit about what oaths were sworn 20 years earlier because almost all of those lords have died, and their sons never swore said oath, and most importantly, unlike in the show, nobody has ever mentioned or brought up the succession in the 20+ years since because immediately after naming her heir, he marries and gets his first son with alicent.

Her assumption that her brother would supercede her in the succession is partly why she becomes bitter. The fact that nobody gives a shit about some ancient oath only she remembers fuels it as well.
was alicent and downs girl bffs in the book also?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
but like you said, he named her heir and everyone bent the knee, how is this not set in stone?
There's a really good YouTube video called "rules for rulers" that has been posted in a few threads over the years. Worth the watch but the point is that kings have absolute power and their word is law.... until too many of the wrong people don't like what they have to say and then they get reminded that they are just one man after all and they change their ways or wind up dead.

• 1Like

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For a moment there, I thought there was some kind of coup or something just the way those soldiers were marching about, only for it to be one dude beating the shit out of a side character.

I can't help but feel like the show is at odds with itself in regards to the pacing because a lot of the drama comes off as a slow burn, but they're jumping ahead in time willy-nilly by the episode so fast that they're changing out characters in the middle of the season. At the same time, we've seen a lot of range from the actors throughout these changes in the show's time frame, but unfortunately two of them are the star actresses who are about to be replaced. Going from the first couple episodes of Alicent to the brooding stares of discontent foreshadowing conflict in this one is an impressive leap, and it is a shame to see this actress go now when she's already doing a great job depicting the transition regardless of age. We see similar things from Rhaenyra, who has seen a lot of growth already to match that fast pacing.
Twatter right now. LMAO
View attachment 434164

Gay problems and 7 months for a fake sex scene with Allcocks
I swear, I could tackle this several different ways:

• Hollywood has a "queer" problem of over-representing Alphabet people to the point where they are statistically going to fucking die.
  • Hollywood has a "queer" problem of making sure you goddamn know well and good that these motherfuckers are the gayest people to ever gay. You only notice that the gay guy died because he might as well just went to the celebration wearing a rainbow cape. I bet you most people couldn't tell you what that guy's name was, but they sure as shit knew he was flying the rainbow banner. They didn't kill off a character, they killed off a checkbox.
  • Modern day "journalism" has a queer problem, because all they seem to do is give a podium the most insipid, hyper-homo halfwits who mount themselves on the cross over a fucking fictional character nobody knew dying because said fictional character was fictionally gay.
  • Ser Criston was simply demonstrating what years of being a degenerate has done to that man's prostate, but with his face.
  • c655c1eed50d6e273164c4969348b6da45d66e9b.gif
  • They cut away from the Vale lady getting her head caved in, so they would have to show a man getting his caved in. It's called equality bigots. Women > Men every time, even if they're pillow biters; you should know the rules, you made them. But seriously, I was surprised that Daemon was bad-mouthing her, she was still attractive.

Yes, took his oath so seriously that he paused a whole 3 seconds before he, shall we say, took a stab at the princess's underbite.
Then took his oath to protect her so seriously that he went and snitched on her to the queen before hearing the whole accusation.
Then while suspicions were high, committed a rage-fueled gaybashing at her wedding.

I don't care who wrote it, this is whack tourny-knight fuckboi behaviour, not battle-tested endurance.
This is another problem with them fast-forwarding episode to episode as well: He was speaking about a relationship we did not see, literally telling us instead of showing us, so his actions come across as even more retarded.

Never mind how he got miffed like a child when Rhaenyra gave him a much better offer than, "abandon your name, power, and wealth to fuck off to sniff cinnamon or something."

"I'll be your whore?!"
You'll be the queen's whore, and it's gigolo.

Criston also managed to pull out one of the biggest cliche lines about leaving everything, which is just poor writing all around, never mind absolutely daft.

• 3Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
was alicent and downs girl bffs in the book also?
Nah. They know of each other from court, but they arent friends or talk or anything. alicent served the previous king as he was dying as well, shes several years older than downs girl.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

Sorry i got my time lines messed up because the show fucking changed them pretty majorly.

She is 9 when she is named heir and 10 when alicent gives birth to aegon the 2nd.

Shes 33 when the king dies, so its 24 years later.

The show aged her up and aged aegon the 2nd down. I mean shes what prolly 18 already fucking her uncle and her kingsguard and aegon is only 2 or 3 years old. Im guessing its so aegon the 2nd will be seen as a "child" compared to her full grown woman, further changes to make it seem like the throne is stolen from her, clearly womyn should rule, prepubescent boy shouldnt get the crown, etc. Instead of the full grown man with a wife and 3 trueborn children of his own when the crown goes to him.

• 1Picard

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I for one really liked episode 4.
It was an amazing episode, I dont know what you Negative Nancies are all about.
The space opened up a lot more, it was not just small rooms and cramped spaces.
Things happen, and they are interesting and cool.

Daemon rolling to the feast like nothing happened, the gay guy getting smashed to a pulp, and the marriage at the end with the king collapsing, and the rat... that was great television.

This episode was on par with great episodes from the original GOT.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I love how in every episode Daemon alternates between being a good guy and a bad guy.

Three episodes ago he beats up an innocent messager bringing good news, the charges the enemy alone as a distraction to protect his men and earn his glory.

Two episodes ago he is making a grand show of loyalty to his brother, then is exiled for deflowering his teen daughter.

Last episode he's murdering his wife, then showing up to a drama filled feast and is the only person who behaves himself.

That's a difficult character to pull off.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love how in every episode Daemon alternates between being a good guy and a bad guy.

Three episodes ago he beats up an innocent messager bringing good news, the charges the enemy alone as a distraction to protect his men and earn his glory.

Two episodes ago he is making a grand show of loyalty to his brother, then is exiled for deflowering his teen daughter.

Last episode he's murdering his wife, then showing up to a drama filled feast and is the only person who behaves himself.

That's a difficult character to pull off.
Yeah, he's easily the highlight of the show just to see what kind of chaos will follow, even if he has nothing to do with it.

View attachment 434704

/megabarf, this pretentious cunt
Why did they hire a replacement for Rhaenyra who looks like a transitioning Elon Musk?

She obviously struggles to play a woman in real life, so I'll at least accept the line that she's playing a woman, but whether or not she's any good has yet to be seen.

Even google is as confused as she looks:
brave_LAECKeJmBT.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is the biggest risk to the show, as she is clearly mentally unstable.

Plus the attachment to younger version who was a bit of a breakout star

I suspect this version will come across as colder, distant and less likeable

• 3Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I decided to watch the first episode of this. I thought it was supposed to be a show based in old Valyria. I am disappoint.

• 1Solidarity