House of the Dragon

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Considering the first birth where the king made the call and the woman had no say and the show runners saying this was commentary on the Roe vs Wade situation I imagine her self immolating was their version of my body my choice.
yeah the scene where the mother is dying either way, and the king is forced to make a choice to bury both his wife and unborn son, or try and save the son, and he makes the only rational choice that anyone on earth at any point in history would of made.....that they filmed and edited months before anything about RvW was announced, yet try and claim ipso facto that it was indeed about Roe vs Wade because they used their time machine to know that was going to happen.

Laena's death was equally as retarded as that claim, but not really for that reason. The maester tells daemon that the child has most likely already died inside her, he can try and cut out the child, but that will definitely kill the mother. Daemon doesn't do it because, as he was just told, the child is most likely dead, he'd be killing the mother for nothing....but with a dead baby stuck inside her she is definitely going to die eventually, painfully, over the course of the next few hours/days. She decides to go get burned to death, ok whatever. But really her suiciding is basically a mercy.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
yeah the scene where the mother is dying either way, and the king is forced to make a choice to bury both his wife and unborn son, or try and save the son, and he makes the only rational choice that anyone on earth at any point in history would of made.....that they filmed and edited months before anything about RvW was announced, yet try and claim ipso facto that it was indeed about Roe vs Wade because they used their time machine to know that was going to happen.

Laena's death was equally as retarded as that claim, but not really for that reason. The maester tells daemon that the child has most likely already died inside her, he can try and cut out the child, but that will definitely kill the mother. Daemon doesn't do it because, as he was just told, the child is most likely dead, he'd be killing the mother for nothing....but with a dead baby stuck inside her she is definitely going to die eventually, painfully, over the course of the next few hours/days. She decides to go get burned to death, ok whatever. But really her suiciding is basically a mercy.

the funny thing is that I bet their original intent with all this child birth stuff was to show that that shit was hard and especially back in the day, woman had to go through the wringer to make it happen. And they dumped that noble message, which is true, for woke point garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didnt hate this as much as some of you. But I agree with a lot of the criticisms and I did laugh at all those things while watching this episode.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
not sure week to week streaming numbers mean really that much, most shows start our poorly and grow over years. For example Game of Thrones premiered to just 2.2m viewers first episode, 9m viewers in its first season, 25m viewers an episode by season 5, and the final season was up to 46 MILLION fucking viewers per episode. That is just insane.

end of the day word of mouth will drive subs and views and retention and that plus awards are all these services care about.

if you're not feeling sad already strong rumors going around that at the end of the Rings of Power season 1 run, Amazon is going to announce their big next massive project, a Mass Effect TV series. The people behind Westworld are already working on a Fallout TV show for them (being filmed now).

Game Of Thrones isn't "most shows" and is pretty terrible to use as a template for how things work

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The time jump was handled with the delicacy of a lobotomy and lost me when the last episode ended on completely unanswered cliffhangers:
- Did the king just fucking die on the floor (that they couldn't even be arsed to mop up the queer blood)? Even though I saw the actor's name in the opening credits, I was still surprised when his ancient ass strolled in.

- What did Alicent say to Christen to stop his sepukku? Maybe she should have been there to talk Demon's wife out of immolation.

- How did a light bit of flirting between Daemon and actress #2 or 3 that seemed more like trying to make his niece jealous turn into full blown marriage and child bearing? At least he has a rock solid alibi this time with another dead wife.

- To the point of genetics, especially Targaryen, how is Alicent the bad guy here? Corlys' gay son? White blonde hair. Rhaenyra? White blonde hair. Sons? Brunette as fuck. Yes, the king is clearly in denial, but everyone with eyes knows what's up, so Alicent isn't exactly in the wrong for noticing as well that a culture entirely focused on the importance of genetic lineage and purity is being passed on by the most plainly obvious bastardization humanly possible. And Corlys should be right pissed when the whole point of the marriage was to bring his line back to the forefront despite the gayness of his son, when the throne is really just leapfrog going one Targ to a Targ + bodyguard's bastard.

- I can't tell how the show is approaching age in relation to the source material because the first and only time prior that we saw Laena, she was 12, yet she is supposedly 27 when she dies. The thing is, I can actually believe both of these ages based on the different actresses, but it's everyone else who feels completely off kilter with the aging up or not aging at all, e.g. Daemon, Criston, or the new Hand.

- All of the rapid casting changes make it even more difficult to connect with anyone. Take Gayleron for instance: had Goatface not mentioned the casting change, I wouldn't have picked up just why he seemed off since we last saw him. We went from this to this, and come the start of this episode, it seemed as though Rhaenyra was married to a different person. The first actor actually fit in during the battle scene, but the second guy played such a dandy that it was next to impossible to imagine them as the same person. I guess the people behind the show figure all black people look alike.

- Not only do I already miss Milly Alcock as Rhaenyra, you can already tell that Nu-nyra is going to be insufferable, jaded bitch mode all the time with none of the spirit. I bet she'll even manage to make "drakarys" sound like she's bored and tired while the show tries to get us to root for her.

That brings me to the rest of this episode, which equally felt like a jarring drop off a cliff in terms of quality.

- Alicent has a legitimate reason to feel jaded since she was used as Viserys' pin cushion to pop out a son... and then another, and even more kids. But Nu-nyra? She has a gay husband who would rather go out literally and figuratively sword-fighting than be around her, so she only has herself to blame for being unable to stop fucking the guard and getting preggers.

- How did a woman struggling with every fiber of her being to give birth manage to noclip through an entire castle all the way to the beach to have the dragon drakarys her? Throw in the extra time allowed by the dragon giving her the uwotm8 look. And of course they had to kill off an attractive woman.

- I'm getting the impression that they think that by killing off characters that it's some return to form to the early seasons of Game of Thrones "where anyone could die!," but that's not what made them engaging. Killing off characters that we don't even get to know and are barely attached to, let alone get the chance to re-associate who they even are because they've gone through 2-3 actors, is not impactful.

Daemon losing his first second wife means nothing no matter how hot she was because she was given all of the character building of an NPC in a side quest.

Cripplefinger enacting a plot to off the second Hand of the King is not the dramatic event they think it is when the average viewer would have already forgotten that Viserys fired the first one because he warned the king that his daughter and heiress was seen cavorting with his brother/her uncle (only to still give her some "tea" anyways).

- One of the death knells towards the end of Game of Thrones was how out of the blue they kicked the timescale into overdrive, and this show is already giving me flashbacks of breakneck pacing. On one hand I can understand due to a different source material that is not nearly as deep or as involved as GoT/ASoIaF, but on the other, this particular show is at odds with itself by starting off seeming to want to build up characters, only to hit the fast forward button as soon as we're getting settled in with them.

- Maybe the writers and directors should a smidge of their own condescending advice and remember that this is a medieval fantasy show with fucking dragons, so they should stick to writing for that instead of trying to do so through a lens of modern politics.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
People who say 'go touch grass' are either 14 or soyjack pedos and either way you don't get to use the word cuck.
I can say whatever the fuck I want you soft ass bitch.

WTF is a soyjack pedo? For fucks sake you guys are in some lame ass echo chamber of incelness and irrelevance. Literally nobody relevant or well adjusted cares about your bullshit ass conspiracy agendas.

• 4Worf
  • 2Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just watched Sunday's episode. This show looks so good. The budget and production are top notch, but the writing veered into heavy 'oof' territory this week. Why did Laena(?) have her dragon kill her and the baby? Like out of nowhere, she kills herself and leaves her kids and husband? Fucking stupid. Either kill the baby or yourself, but that scene was stupid as shit. I also laughed at the autistic princess and her centipede.

There's also a distinct lack of titties. That would help, at least.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
No real blame cus the show does such a shitty job of establishing time lines and such, but if you actually listen to the shitty dialogue, the child had died inside of her. Idk umbilical wrapped around the neck, breach baby, whatever it was dead and it wasnt coming out. She was going to die a painful sepsis related death in the next few hours/days with a dead rotting baby stuck inside of her.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No real blame cus the show does such a shitty job of establishing time lines and such, but if you actually listen to the shitty dialogue, the child had died inside of her. Idk umbilical wrapped around the neck, breach baby, whatever it was dead and it wasnt coming out. She was going to die a painful sepsis related death in the next few hours/days with a dead rotting baby stuck inside of her.
Oh! That definitely makes better sense. I definitely missed that detail!

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm probably out after this last episode. I just can't get up for another one.

The characters are all over the place development-wise. Schizophrenic writing. Highly likely I'll be dropping HOTD from my lineup and just reading how the rest of the show plays out here.

This was the shark jump people anticipated with the recast-- but it went even further than that. They jumped 3 sharks worth.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I can say whatever the fuck I want you soft ass bitch.

WTF is a soyjack pedo? For fucks sake you guys are in some lame ass echo chamber of incelness and irrelevance. Literally nobody relevant or well adjusted cares about your bullshit ass conspiracy agendas.
6v1unq.jpg

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Oldbased

> Than U
We see the night king death dagger again next episode from the previews.
I guess everyone is at war now over some cunt and knight dick.

Also soyjack confirmed. Pedo? We'll let the the many FBI here on these forums decide.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'm probably out after this last episode. I just can't get up for another one.

The characters are all over the place development-wise. Schizophrenic writing. Highly likely I'll be dropping HOTD from my lineup and just reading how the rest of the show plays out here.

This was the shark jump people anticipated with the recast-- but it went even further than that. They jumped 3 sharks worth.
Lol wait for the next ten year time jump, all the children we saw as 8-12 year olds are adults (and they have already been cast) before the show even starts in earnest. The show so far has just been prologue, you know to establish the plot.

Oldbased

> Than U
Another fucking time jump you say?
They really went out of their way to ensure no one got even slightly attached to anyone didn't they.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yep. I figured they were making all these changes to pit adult rhaenyra vs 12 year old aegon to make her claim seem even more correct and show the throne being "stolen" from her, but no, they've cast adult versions of aegon, aemond, haelana and all her brown haired bastards.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This time jump stuff is different, I don't like things which are different, everything should be the same.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yep. I figured they were making all these changes to pit adult rhaenyra vs 12 year old aegon to make her claim seem even more correct and show the throne being "stolen" from her, but no, they've cast adult versions of aegon, aemond, haelana and all her brown haired bastards.
so like daenerys vs tommen

why would she even leave the city? thats just giving alicent ultimate power, shes already on the small council for whatever reason no one knows

how do you say out of sight, out of mind in valerian?

Caliane

so I watched preston jacobs epi 6 commentary. and.. so.. some? Targaryen's are immune to dragonfire? I'm very confused on this now.
why would they have ceremony of burning the dead, if some are immune to dragon fire? was it even dragon fire, or just regular fire they are immune to? does it turn off on death?