House of the Dragon

SeanDoe1z1

Every time I watch this I just think

“This is a lot of shit talking by people who don’t have dragons”

But that would be a boring story. Putin nuked Ukraine to bits. The end.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, the person in control of the flying nuke can be barricaded in the building she just burst into
You'd think in a take to grab power from the realm the other people would've had their dragons there too as a show of power.

Shit was dumb.

Show's not horrible though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does anything happen in this show other than flimsy, contrived arguments about succession that lead to weak, uninspired "plotting"?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This episode was really good. Very tense throughout. Until of course the dragon burst through the floor then it all went to shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea it was a weird decision, hopefully they will hear the online discourse and not do something like it again. There was zero reason to not burn them all to a crisp, and if she didn't well you could make up whatever reason, but her having her armor on just made it all the more stupid.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Does anything happen in this show other than flimsy, contrived arguments about succession that lead to weak, uninspired "plotting"?
Yeah, that was pretty much just the first couple of episodes. Now Matt Smith is regularily murdering people yet is somehow still a good guy because of Matt Smith's acting ability.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
calling jap chick the white worm seems racist

they also call the black targ the sea snake

why the minorities getting the slitherin names

also daemon kicks her out of bed and all of a sudden she becomes queen of the underworld?

speaking of daemon, i understand last eps where he's "allowed" to kill the nephew nog, cuz he called them bastards and he is also a prince, so lots of leeway...

but cole can just joker smash the master of coin and no one bats an eye?

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
calling jap chick the white worm seems racist

they also call the black targ the sea snake

why the minorities getting the slitherin names

also daemon kicks her out of bed and all of a sudden she becomes queen of the underworld?

speaking of daemon, i understand last eps where he's "allowed" to kill the nephew nog, cuz he called them bastards and he is also a prince, so lots of leeway...

but cole can just joker smash the master of coin and no one bats an eye?
I mean they were in the middle of planning sedition (kinda?) And he took care of an immediate problem.

The sea snake thing was more egregious because of how much supposed power the Valryeons hold. Even if he is fighting a war across the sea, im sure he has tons of allies. Whatever those kinds of plot devices I can abide because they are used to build up the characters.

The thing at the end of last episode felt more off because it felt out of character.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Clearly the parallels between Littlefinger x Varys are beyond you.

Maybe thinking of her like Jeffrey Epstein x Heidi Fleiss helps you understand?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Clearly the parallels between Littlefinger x Varys are beyond you.

Maybe thinking of her like Jeffrey Epstein x Heidi Fleiss helps you understand?
shes a favored whore nothing more, i mean, is this your wheelhouse?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently the dragon pits are below the sept, or that wasn't the sept and it was just some great hall above the pits? It showed her having a look of hope as they were pushing the mob towards the place so it has to be something like that. Regardless, was a decent episode and looking forward to the finale. I'm rewatching the original and another thing this show doesn't do as well as the first 6 seasons is the score. The music just isn't as good. As someone who's not a lore nerd (which probably makes this better), was really hoping the younger brother would win out and become king. Maybe he does eventually. Probably not.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why were the queen and the hand sending out competing search parties? Was it just to be the first one to start to guide and manipulate the new king?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Why were the queen and the hand sending out competing search parties? Was it just to be the first one to start to guide and manipulate the new king?

hand wanted the king to snipe rhaenyra's immediately the queen didn't

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
america ferrera dragon GIF

Dragon forgot to eat. Sad face.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually wondered that too. I guess it was specifically to get in his ear about Rhaenyra and how to handle her. At one point I thought I missed it completely and Cole and Aemond were just going to fucking ice him right then and there as they both knew he'd be a shit king. But no, I guess not. I will admit I looked away for like, 2 minutes, and when I saw the Arryk and Erryk Bros searching independently from Cole I didn't know what the fuck happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How fucking stupid was it that Reahnys didnt just kill them all with her dragon? She was just basically held hostage in a coup, and she manages to miraculously escape and commandeer her dragon while no one was looking only to look at them all stoic and have the dragon shout at them?

Im confused. And then this fucking guy is screaming to open the gate? lol what the fuck? What terrible writing. They needed team black to have some semblance of power besides just Deamon so they pulled that garbage. Honestly the beginning of the episode was fantastic, the drama actually felt real there for a moment, something I havent felt since watching game of Thrones season 6. But then it kind of dragged and the dragon pit thing was underwhelming. Now we will get a whole season of bad guy king until one eye takes over after a scandalous death of his brother.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users