How I Met Your Mother

faille

Molten Core Raider
And they've already introduced the mother even though they haven't met. It was just as shitty though.
I am tempted to pretend last night was the series finale, what with the proposal and all, but I've invested way too much, way way way too much, into this show now and have to see it to the end 8(

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This shit is basically unwatchable. My wife and I are seriously considering giving up on it. I mean this isn't like Dexter where you needed to know how it ended and what happens to him. Here you know he meets the mom, already knows who she is, and whatever happens after they meet really doesn't mean shit. The writing is sooooo bad at this point that I literally do not laugh a single time throughout the episode.

Really unfortunate how bad this show ended up.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
While the future mother is definitely cute, I'd have much rather had it be someone that looked like the girl he carried up the the lighthouse. She's substantially hotter than the mother.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I need to go back and rewatch the entire series but i don't remember any season which had that good of writing. Nph and jason has always held the show

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
To use a phrase invented by a really old sitcom. This show has jumped the shark. It was bad last season, now its just plain silly, and not in a funny way.
Now that we actually saw Ted propose to the mother why even watch the rest.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The show was best when it kept them mostly single, different stories, etc. Putting Barney and Robin together, then making an entire season out of them at the wedding area.... just no. Not fun, and the comedic situations all seem forced, and are not comedic at all.

(also, how many freemasons make TV shows? So many 33s in Hollywood productions).

faille

Molten Core Raider
The only thing that might save this show if they literally had a scene involving jumping the shark.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The show was best when it kept them mostly single, different stories, etc. Putting Barney and Robin together, then making an entire season out of them at the wedding area.... just no. Not fun, and the comedic situations all seem forced, and are not comedic at all.

(also, how many freemasons make TV shows? So many 33s in Hollywood productions).
Not sure I get this reference...

ringer_sl

shitlord
The only thing that might save this show if they literally had a scene involving jumping the shark.
Arrested Development style?
rrr_img_49089.jpg

mysterion_sl

shitlord
everybody already gave up on this one? if so, you might have missed one of the better episodes. just skip every scene that doesnt have barney or druthers in it and you get a really funny 15 minutes long episode
smile.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It was tolerable because of Barney (as you mentioned), and because it wasn't really related to the "Wedding Season" crap. It is funny that if the ongoing storyline about the wedding was even vaguely interesting, we'd be upset because this would clearly be a filler episode. They couldn't come up with enough crap to throw at us about the wedding, so they shoehorned the mother into a shitty filler that was only made watchable because of Barney.

Which of course means it was better than 90% of the episodes in the last 3-4 seasons.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How many episodes do they have left? I think I'm just going to record the rest and knock em out in one night that will probably involve alcohol.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That was absolutely horrible, like they weren't even pretending to try anymore. I'm not sure if I can make it to the finale at this rate.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
After watching the last episode I just said "NOPE" about 5 minutes in and deleted it from my DVR. Holy shit that was terrible.