• $200k-$300k solo

• $200k-$300k household

• $300k+ solo

• $300k+ household

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So I am a little surprised by the amount of activity for this thread. I didn't think it would get the number of responses it has. Almost 300 votes already. It seems like the vast amount of the community falls in the $50-$100k a year range with 25%, which isn't to surprising since the median household income in the U.S. 2018 was $60k we only have 12% below that and the remaining 63% of the community well above that.

So it does seem that this group of basement dwelling incel gamers as certain people like to label us. Are in fact actually pretty damn well off financially.
That's because we're all old AF now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
its because people who shout incel shit is poor and worthless themselves, they need to project their shitty lives onto others.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That's because we're all old AF now

You can be old and still be poor.

screen-shot-2015-06-05-at-8-32-56-am.png

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but how much should a woman get paid to sit around teaching mongoloids to finger paint, make macaroni necklaces, and draw a turkey with their hand?

Do you want to sit around and watch 30 kids, 20 of whom are probably total little shits, while you have an administrator or four breathing down your neck about their state test scores, and why aren't they higher, what are you doing to raise them? Also Timmy's mom refuses to answer emails or phone calls, she only comes in to yell at you because her son definitely didn't deliberately poop all over the bathroom floor and then fail to turn in any homework for four months.

I couldn't teach elementary for more than a few days before hanging it up.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Do you want to sit around and watch 30 kids, 20 of whom are probably total little shits, while you have an administrator or four breathing down your neck about their state test scores, and why aren't they higher, what are you doing to raise them? Also Timmy's mom refuses to answer emails or phone calls, she only comes in to yell at you because her son definitely didn't deliberately poop all over the bathroom floor and then fail to turn in any homework for four months.

I couldn't teach elementary for more than a few days before hanging it up.
Was that an argument for paying teachers more or less? Very confused.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Was that an argument for paying teachers more or less? Very confused.

Depends on the type of job. SPED should get more but that's where a huge chunk of the budget goes already due to the resources one kid gets. In reality, you get placed on a scheduled salary regardless of how garbage or good you are, and regardless of how hard or easy your job might be. The 1st-3rd grade SPED teacher is making the same as the middle school computers and typing teacher.

It's a complex issue and I don't really know how to solve it, but I'm waaaay past caring about it and just happy I like my job.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don’t know anyone that feels rich. No matter what bracket you are in you inevitably know someone that makes a shitload more than you.

It is kind of sad people with retard level wealth aren't crazy eccentric with their billions. I mean someone like Jeff Bezos could commission a line by line remake of Titanic starring nothing but midgets and make it run continuous screenings in the movie theaters around the world and still have like 130 billion fucking dollars to spend.

He could buy Whole Foods and fill it with nothing but shit with tons of gluten, remove all organic items, and just sell the most processed products you can think of and still have $120 goddamn billion dollars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Calling you out bro. Don't think you know how to spot a real Rolex... if the seconds hand moved in incremental ticks then it would be fake.... That's not considered a "smooth" movement. That's one of several ways to spot a fake. I will say, my vintage patek has a smoother movement. It's a marvel.

Their crystal is also ultra-clear and slightly magnifies the face, the calendar window is flawless and 'Swiss Made' are never 2 different sized type faces.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

You can cross reference this thread to the car thread, watch thread, house thread and family one to get some good stats.

Most of us are "normal" even those that are "only" at 30-40k a year- fyi when I got married and both kids were born I was making that range- so it's not a judgement etc.

Having your home, whatever type it is- paid for is a big boon to - "normal class" citizen and does allow you to do a lot more in life.

And I will echo locality is a big thing- any 'burb you are going to "need" a 75-150k range with a family - even living slim, kids are a huge price sink with no return (financially) i.e their expandatures are all net loss.. Toys etc.

Unless you raise them to the same thin living as you do, and then your most likely not doing the suburbia thing. And nothing is wrong with that... it is to say, a 35k home on the range is a 175k home in the burbanite etc

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
$130k pay, then benefits (insurance, pension, and 401k match) probably puts it at $160k total compensation or something like that.

Mind you I live in the Bay Area (East Bay) so I’m not exactly ballin’ but I do plenty enough of what I want. Single guy. My rent is $2500 a month for a 2br / 2ba condo which leaves me with a little under $4000 a month leftover take home pay.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So I am a little surprised by the amount of activity for this thread. I didn't think it would get the number of responses it has. Almost 300 votes already. It seems like the vast amount of the community falls in the $50-$100k a year range with 25%, which isn't to surprising since the median household income in the U.S. 2018 was $60k we only have 12% below that and the remaining 63% of the community well above that.

So it does seem that this group of basement dwelling incel gamers as certain people like to label us. Are in fact actually pretty damn well off financially.

Not all too surprising if you think about it. This board has evolved from a pretty specific demographic of INTJ min/maxing gamers. If any of us apply a fraction of that into our real life work we will succeed with whatever we choose to do.