How to Eat a Loaded Baked Potato

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

What is the correct way to eat one?

• Eat top down adding a bit of potato with each bite of toppings then stop when they're gone

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Splay open like Bruce Jenner's old hardware and spread fixins on top then saw the entire bites

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Mash it all together inside the skin then eat the innards

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Nice try, but you aint walking that back. You didn't say baked potatoes, you said potatoes are so nasty they are only enjoyable when loaded.

I didn't know we had so many Future Potato Farmers of America.

Please, no sour cream to the back of the head.

jvsIqgz.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why hasnt our resident potato chimed in? @Picasso3

Because oh7 thinks potatoes are only acceptable when their voices are silenced.

Just in case anyone was wondering how @Nazis liked them.

Hey, why doesn't @Nazis page all the admin? WTF is this shit?

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because oh7 thinks potatoes are only acceptable when their voices are silenced.

Just in case anyone was wondering how @Nazis liked them.

Hey, why doesn't @Nazis page all the admin? WTF is this shit?
potatoes are meant be be consumed. not much noise from a potato cept when they are sizzling on my skillet.
aSuvvWC.jpg

N6HDGXy.jpg

dNYn6sk.jpg

6mN2daJ.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
1. Wash high starch potato (Russet in the US, Maris Piper in UK)
2. Poke with fork all over, cover liberally in fine sea salt.
3. Fashion ring shaped platforms out of foil to lift each potato off baking sheet.
4. Place potatoes on rings on baking sheet, and bake at 425 until soft
5. Split Potatoes open lengthwise and WITH A FUCKING FORK remove 2/3 of 'flesh' and set aside, leaving skin intact
6. Fill cavity with your choice of filling - something fatty, something salty, and something to cut through it. I like a high-grade melting cheese (Comte, Fontina, Aged cheddar), a high flavour meat (bacon, ham, corned beef), and something vegetal (broccoli, rapini, leeks)
7. In the bowl with the reserved flesh from earlier, mix with clarified butter and salt to taste. KEEP IT GOD DAMNED FLUFFY BY MIXING WITH UPWARD MOTIONS FROM BELOW WITH A FORK. Do not over-butter.
8. Gently as fuck with as much air-space as possible top the filled potatoes with the buttered flesh.
9. Brush tops with more clarified butter gently
10. Broil until golden.

Serve with a Rib Steak cooked medium-well.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
giphy.gif

If you're still cooking steak with any setting of "well", time to brush up the sous vide thread

If you think the fat content of a rib steak is optimal to consume at anything below medium, your palate is garbage.

Different cuts deserve different temperatures. I'd never cook a loin cut anything above med-rare. Rib however, is optimal in the 146 degree range, and white chalky uncooked fat on the cut is fucking scrub tier.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Quaid, I'm willing to try your theories on steak for science. Let me know when you flee your French and SJW communist regime and let's do this.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Quaid, I'm willing to try your theories on steak for science. Let me know when you flee your French and SJW communist regime and let's do this.

I need to get the fuck out of here asap

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
potatoes are meant be be consumed. not much noise from a potato cept when they are sizzling on my skillet.
aSuvvWC.jpg

N6HDGXy.jpg

dNYn6sk.jpg

6mN2daJ.jpg

Your potatoe game is weak son. But your hot dog game is spot on. That's probably the only way to eat those all beef piece of shit hot dogs.