How to Eat a Loaded Baked Potato

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

What is the correct way to eat one?

• Eat top down adding a bit of potato with each bite of toppings then stop when they're gone

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Splay open like Bruce Jenner's old hardware and spread fixins on top then saw the entire bites

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Mash it all together inside the skin then eat the innards

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Are we done with this thread?
In short
1.Eat the roasted skin
2.If you cook steak and"well" is a temperature setting, trade in your vag, and rub some charcoal on your nuts to earn back your man card.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

Even the guy who has only ever had Taco Bells version of 'steak' knows better.

• 2Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've probably cooked more steaks in my lifetime than any 10 people on this board combined, I just can't afford to eat them!*

*Assuming we don't have any other cooks on the board

• 2Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
1. Wash high starch potato (Russet in the US, Maris Piper in UK)
2. Poke with fork all over, cover liberally in fine sea salt.
3. Fashion ring shaped platforms out of foil to lift each potato off baking sheet.
4. Place potatoes on rings on baking sheet, and bake at 425 until soft
5. Split Potatoes open lengthwise and WITH A FUCKING FORK remove 2/3 of 'flesh' and set aside, leaving skin intact
6. Fill cavity with your choice of filling - something fatty, something salty, and something to cut through it. I like a high-grade melting cheese (Comte, Fontina, Aged cheddar), a high flavour meat (bacon, ham, corned beef), and something vegetal (broccoli, rapini, leeks)
7. In the bowl with the reserved flesh from earlier, mix with clarified butter and salt to taste. KEEP IT GOD DAMNED FLUFFY BY MIXING WITH UPWARD MOTIONS FROM BELOW WITH A FORK. Do not over-butter.
8. Gently as fuck with as much air-space as possible top the filled potatoes with the buttered flesh.
9. Brush tops with more clarified butter gently
10. Broil until golden.

Every recipe should be written like this. Fucking hilarious.

Serve with a Rib Steak cooked medium-well.

RI0u4ho.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Rib cuts get more tender as they approach 146 degrees, not less.

The notion that all steaks of any cut should be cooked to a single (overly rare) doneness across the board is an antiquated culinary axiom. It's similar to 'red wine with meat, white with fish', 'never serve cheese with seafood', 'don't rinse your mushrooms', or 'searing seals in juices'.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
False equivalence. The first two are subjective, the last two are objective.

You really shouldn't compare ribs, which are typically barbecue fodder, to steak.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
False equivalence. The first two are subjective, the last two are objective.

You really shouldn't compare ribs, which are typically barbecue fodder, to steak.
I think he was talking rib eye steak not actual ribs but i could be wrong.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I dont get the whole discussion. I prefer my steak rare to medium rare.
I know people who prefer their steak almost charred. While i dont prefer the steak well done it is still better then no steak so i would not refuse it if its free and comes with beer.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I know people who prefer their steak almost charred. While i dont prefer the steak well done it is still better then no steak so i would not refuse it if its free and come
s with beer.
Ppl that like charred steaks are usually old fucks who remember when Jim Bob ordered a rare steak in the 60s and ended up in a casket the next week. You can't change their ways, heck Mr President eats like that too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know people who prefer their steak almost charred. While i dont prefer the steak well done it is still better then no steak so i would not refuse it if its free and comes with beer.
Why not both? Charred AND medium rare.

Depending on the cut, I would actually say an overcooked steak isn't worth eating. You end up with a sore jaw and could have eaten something more appetizing. It's not overcooked steak or no steak, it's overcooked steak or leftover chili. I'll take the chili.