How to Eat a Loaded Baked Potato

What is the correct way to eat one?

• Eat top down adding a bit of potato with each bite of toppings then stop when they're gone

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Splay open like Bruce Jenner's old hardware and spread fixins on top then saw the entire bites

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Mash it all together inside the skin then eat the innards

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I always par cook my baked potatoes just enough to soften them, then infuse them with garlic. herbs, and butter. Let em sit a few hours, then toss them in the bbq. Insides cooked and flavored perfect, skin nice and crispy. Put whatever toppings you prefer.

Gotta use good potatoes though, if your using shit potatoes of course they going to taste like shit. Potatoes don't fucking belong anywhere near a microwave either. PEI potatoes are usually a safe bet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You're asian and hence eat all types of weird, atypical shit.
It's not atypical, just different.

Like eating trip is the same as getting chitlins, and the south seems to be more appreciative of pigs feet than most.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
cut the potato every quarter inch or so short way, ensuring butter within, then slice longway for standard overloading.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Work it out so you get some potato and some topping with every bite. Oh, and if you don't eat the skin of he potato you're a sad individual.

Also, when I do these, I par boil them, then scoop out the insides and make an excellent mashed potato that then gets put back into the skins that have been baked to crispy, and cover with toppings. Mashed, crispy, and toppings. Now I want one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Work it out so you get some potato and some topping with every bite. Oh, and if you don't eat the skin of he potato you're a sad individual.

Also, when I do these, I par boil them, then scoop out the insides and make an excellent mashed potato that then gets put back into the skins that have been baked to crispy, and cover with toppings. Mashed, crispy, and toppings. Now I want one.

Isn't that a twice baked potato

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I love me a potato, but recently I no longer desire any starch. for some reason my body has decided it's not hungry for carbs, I dont know why. I have been craving shit tons of beef, fish and greens, I also stopped seasoning things beyond a quick shot of kosher salt before cooking. I ate 5 half pound rib eyes on labor day and 3 lbs of asst greens. no clue whats gong on with my metabolism but it's nice to stuff myself to the gills and not want a nap 15 mins later.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yes, I guess that's right.

Twice baked > loaded
IMHO

Well you can do it both ways. One way is to take the potato out and mash it in with flavoring and toppings then insert it back in and bake it, the other is you make savory normal mashed out of it then after it's done cooking a second time, load it up just like a regular baked potato.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I picked the wrong thread to be drunk, hungry and wander into.

I know I've got potatoes but I'm almost certain there are no fixings.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You ever ask yourself why a potato needs to be loaded to enjoy it? Because it's a fucking dirt seed, that's why.

Apparently this motherfucker here doesn't like tater chips or french fries. Is he the ultimate faggot on the forum? I think he's got @Kuriin beat.

Isn't that a twice baked potato

That's a loaded potatoe skin. Twice baked is more like a casserole. Start off with mashed potatoes, lay them down in a casserole dish and layer on the cheese and bacon bits and sour cream, then bake to get the cheese just right.

Truth be told, twice baked is my favorite way to eat taters. But to answer the OP question, mash up all the innards with the toppings, then put the steak on top of it and eat the whole thing with a fork and knife one bite at a time.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Apparently this motherfucker here doesn't like tater chips or french fries. Is he the ultimate faggot on the forum? I think he's got @Kuriin beat.

That's a loaded potatoe skin. Twice baked is more like a casserole. Start off with mashed potatoes, lay them down in a casserole dish and layer on the cheese and bacon bits and sour cream, then bake to get the cheese just right.

Truth be told, twice baked is my favorite way to eat taters. But to answer the OP question, mash up all the innards with the toppings, then put the steak on top of it and eat the whole thing with a fork and knife one bite at a time.

Those do not sound like a baked potato.

Fries, chips, au gratin, hash browned, mashed, cottage, croquette, latka, knish, poutine are all acceptable use of potatoes.

Baked potatoes are for hobos and 1800s Irish immigrants.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Food wishes has a good loaded baked potato recipe, it's what I use when pairing with steak

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Those do not sound like a baked potato.

Fries, chips, au gratin, hash browned, mashed, cottage, croquette, latka, knish, poutine are all acceptable use of potatoes.

Baked potatoes are for hobos and 1800s Irish immigrants.

Nice try, but you aint walking that back. You didn't say baked potatoes, you said potatoes are so nasty they are only enjoyable when loaded.