How to handle a bad VP

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've had it lucky, most of my bosses have been great. I found that most of them are smart people and I just needed to train them to leave me the fuck alone. Once they learned that, it was all good. There was one boss I had around 15 years ago who was a severe micro manager, but I just quit which solved that problem. I've never had a female direct manager.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My two experiences have been bad. In both cases the female manager was completely insecure about not knowing things. That's kind of the point of being an effective manager, though. You don't need to know literally everything, you need to understand how it works enough within your business model to direct the actual experts to do the things. Only an idiot would think that ignorance of anything by any job in the company is some sort of personal attack.

It gets old real quick to deal with that. My experience with legit overall micromanagers are that they either do it to maintain dominance when they are completely insecure, or they can't manage at all and lack fundamental skills to be an effective manager. Not to say I don't micromanage some things, because Murphy is always right and some things are too important and pivotal to a company, but the people that do it all the time are worthless.

Also, passive aggressive management style seems super common with them. You can't tell whether they're being bitchy or genuinely don't understand enough to respond intelligently. "Well why DON'T you try the other approach then if you're having that many problems with my simple instructions?"

I've had these traits with male managers as well, but I think female ones tend to get promoted for their rational needs against their emotional desires and then are just miserable about it while the male ones at least want it even if they're complete fuck ups, for whatever that's worth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol, this happens all the time.

There is some subset of women that become total cunts in corporate like some weird ass coping mechanism. I am reading through this and it 100 % describes my first year at my current job. Gotta get the woman past menopause to be worth a damn in management.

And gotta get the woman past death to be worth a damn on a bench....

*CYMBAL CLAP*

So many cases where a female judge should have recused herself, but the female ego often supersedes the Scales themselves. Alternatively, I have, over and over again, seen male judges recuse themselves before its even a thought on anyone's mind.

Honor is an abstract concept. Women struggle with abstract concepts...wait, is that hard science? Fuck it, MGTOW! *Roman Salute*

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Alternatively, I have, over and over again, seen male judges recuse themselves before its even a thought on anyone's mind.
Honor is an abstract concept. Women struggle with abstract concepts...wait, is that hard science? Fuck it, MGTOW! *Roman Salute*

Are you trying really hard to show ignorance? What are you basing your comments on women not recusing themselves?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I've seen good and bad judges regardless of gender too. And I think I've seen a few more than jayrebb.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you trying really hard to show ignorance? What are you basing your comments on women not recusing themselves?

Yeah, that's a thin haircut you got there. Over the top...

Try hitting up that SeanDoe1z1 fella I think he might be the misogynist you were promised.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The one woman boss I had kind of went bad from the start. Wasn't that she was a woman, she was dyslexic. I would check her drawings and she wouldn't make the changes. Not normal stuff like "No the specs show this, or this won't work" and such. Stuff like 2+2=4 didn't register with her. Come to find out she was hired because her husband was lead purchasing agent for Dow Chemical. She retired at 40 shortly after I made it aware she was sending unchecked drawings to the shop to avoid me. So can't really throw that on her, or that she was a woman.

As far as how to confront the issue, no idea. Never worked anywhere or dealt with anyone with that long of a chain of "the buck stops here".

But I would definetly document everything and not talk to anyone about it, until you talk to a higher up. You probably are well aware stuff spreads like wildfire in an office.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thanks to Rockefeller my son will be diagnosed as dyslexic as first order of business.

The benefits are too numerous to pass up on. Extra time on essays, lengthened time on standardized testing, softball grading for illegible incoherent papers. Infinite grounds for grade appeal on discrimination, and if you have lawyer money you can shake the Vice Chancellor down.

We went to a D1 state school. I read my roommates papers sometimes because the burden of proof-reading is still a thing. Yeeeeeeeeeeeshhh while I'm breaking my fucking balls over here, this kid is turning in complete junk and getting rubberstamps because the staff is afraid of the disabilities act. Really chapped my ass and so I went on to clap cymbals for a living to cope with the harsh realities and unfairness of this world.

In this game of life, you play it dyslexic or you die?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
yo dawg, you fucked.

GQgwZrR.png

• 1Picard

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well they CLEARLY spoke to her. All direct dialogue to me me has stopped. Everything directed to me via email included my manager and my co-worker who is an analyst. ZERO chat sessions this week. May have gotten 5 a day previously.

She sent a notice out that her monthly departmental meeting has been cancelled also.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
You have to have an inquiring mind!

More trusted than CNN.

The NE broke the Michael Jackson thing, and you know that bill Clinton did at least half the rapes they accused him of.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think male and female managers can be just as bad as each other, perhaps women tend to be more socially orientated and interact with you more, so if they are screwing you over you know about it, where a male manager may just make up a reason to fire you without any drama.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Reading all of this made me realize how lucky I am in my current position. Manager is a retired O-6 who promoted our client (director of the office we support who is a 2-star) through his early career. He gives no fucks and defends everyobe under him who does good work. His boss, our VP is the exact same and they both made O-6 at the same time in the corp of the Army. Literally zero bullshit from my company or client.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
And BAM!

Director just called me. VP had him written up today for my little project not getting done before start of business today.

I put the change control in for 5PM today, and she made promises to the customer that we would get the SOW done prior to 8am (I implemented at 10am this morning).

Problem is that she didn't tell myself nor my director anything until 7am about this promise. PLUS she approved the change control for 5pm today on Friday.

Best part is that it's a 1st and final warning to by director.

• 1Worf